Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default boxing problem

who agrees we have way toooooooooo many undefeated in the sports across the world.

i think it just proves how we have too many pamper/protected fighters out there, and how we are lacking the correct fights in the sports. we have too many undefeated that continues to fight nobodies, bums, or has beens.

lets list the many undefeated fighters across the world in all divisions that should be taking eachothers virginity instead of being a bunch pussies.

i'd hate to see the undefeated most win record get broken by todays boxer that consist of a career fighting bums, nobodies, or has beens.

lets list the hype or unknown undefeated to the real deal undefeated.

come on guys the sports needs to see more undefeated vs undefeated not another undefeated fighting a hand picked.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxing problem

Lets not.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Lets not.
    The words of a TRUE Floyd Mayweather Jr. fan

I think boxing needs to have more big fights happen and for it to come to fruition we need to rid boxing of the alphabet soup titles AND more importantly the Don King's and Bob Arum's!

What we need is/are....

1 title for each weight class and no promoters but a league and guaranteed money, and pensions for retired fighters just like other pro sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

+966 lyle

i agree that there should be 1 champion per division. the reason why we have so many titles is because of promotion purposes. boxing has turn into a popularity contest.

most exciting fighters get so hype and mistaken for being great fighters. example, gatti.

or the many pamper hand picking undefeated fighters also are con artist of the sports, they are not the great.

greats are those who win or lose fight other greats. and greatest of greats are those who wins more then lose against other greats. example no other then the dubed greatest of all time. "ali" he had loses but he came back like a true champion, trained harder and got back in his prime shape, he was in an era when the heavyweight division was infested with great champions. liston, foreman, frazier...etc...and he beat them.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Lets not.

I think boxing needs to have more big fights happen and for it to come to fruition we need to rid boxing of the alphabet soup titles AND more importantly the Don King's and Bob Arum's!

What we need is/are....

1 title for each weight class and no promoters but a league and guaranteed money, and pensions for retired fighters just like other pro sports
    What the hell does that got to do with fighters with undefeated records? Which is what this thread was about. You just mentioned a bunch of things that (while, I agree with) got nothing to do with what Boxing Fraud asked for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not.

What we need is/are....

What the hell does that got to do with fighters with undefeated records? Which is what this thread was about. You just mentioned a bunch of things that (while, I agree with) got nothing to do with what Boxing Fraud asked for.
    your replies are more worthless then anyones so you shouldn't be talking. atleast lyle was trying to help, unlike your worthless nonsense cRap.

you should take less steriods or what ever your taking MEATHEAD!, your way over aggressive, maybe your homo, only way to keep in denial is to act tough. your sad violent DoRk, worthless and sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not.

What we need is/are....

Agreed.

Thing is...where does the problem lie in a fighter being undefeated?

One problem I have is this...if a fighter is undefeated...no matter whom he beats...he'll never beat a worthy adversary. Critics will always say that a fighter was too old...too green...too this...too that.

It's a no win situation...unless ofcourse you are the critic.

Also...because a fighter is held in such high regard by his fans...this does not make him overly hyped nor does it make him a greater fighter than the next...it means quite simply that he is both of which were just stated...but to his fans..& again...there is nothing wrong with that.

Is there? Not in my book...unless ofcourse you are the critic...of which I have been overly critical of undefeated & or over hyped fighters.

The point is...the main problem I see other than the ABC's & 123's lies within us...the fans.

We take our heroe's & champions for granted.

We (as fans) applaude one fighter for defeating a shop worn veteran & lift him up to Lordly status...then we (as opposing fans) pick apart anothers record & critique him for doing the very same...it's a ridiculous pattern that repeats itself...daily...amongst us all.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big fights in America, every outside of Eastern Europe basically, are happening. Look at the fights between undefeated fighters that are happening or did happen within the last year.

Dawson - Adamek
    Green - Margarito
    Cotto - Quintana
    Julio - Quintana
    Ibragimov - Brock
    Kessler - Andrade
    Povetkin - Chapman
    Diaz - Cotto
    Hatton - Urango
    Williams - Matthyse
    Calzaghe - Lacy

And I'm sure there a lot more. That was off the top of my head. That's 10, 10 undefeated records gone. People come up. You can't hold an undefeated record against a fighter. I mean outside of the Thomas Damgaards and Valuevs of the world, most of these guys with 20+ fights without a loss are fighting quality opposition. Europeans tend to wait a bit before they step up, at least in terms of nuumber of fights.

Big fights not happening used to be a big problem. Now it's not. Undefeated records should be the least of any of our worries.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rvk1331
    Never heard of him so he can't be much of a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Big fights not happening used to be a big problem. Now it's not. Undefeated records should be the least of any of our worries.
    Agreed.

But you'll see that with quite a few people...that shoe don't fit when it's on the other foot.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is no one want's (or should) fight a guy who is way better or way worse than him
    2 guys can both be undefeated but with very different record.
    Like 21-0 vs 7-0 or 46-0
    and those guys might be at very different levels in thier development as fighters.
    Valuev is 46-0 but only really started being any good maybe in the last 20 fights.
    A guy with a strong amatuer record might be quite good at 10-0.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    Lets not.

What we need is/are....

your replies are more worthless then anyones so you shouldn't be talking. atleast lyle was trying to help, unlike your worthless nonsense cRap.

you should take less steriods or what ever your taking MEATHEAD!, your way over aggressive, maybe your homo, only way to keep in denial is to act tough. your sad violent DoRk, worthless and sad.
    I was talking to Lyle not your dumbass. Your like a little girl. Always getting your fucking feelings hurt. Maybe you should change your name to Boxing Bitch as much as you cry and whine. Your on a boxing forum. Toughen the fuck up.

El Kabong Guest

.....excuse her fellas

it's a heavy flow day

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.....excuse her fellas

it's a heavy flow day
    I taught they stopped the bleeding on Vitali's eye?

Thread Information