Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV!!!! Basketball & not boxing.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV!!!! Basketball & not boxing.

"I didn't think it would take this long," says Roy Jones Jr., sipping on coffee while he wears his boxing robe. "There's a whole lot of waiting around going on here."

When it's time for Jones to take off his robe, he doesn't step into the ring, but rather a basketball court setup near the concession stands at the stadium. The former champion, who once played a professional basketball game and fought a boxing match in the same day, will be hooping it up alongside Tim Hardaway in a little game of two-on-two against the Joes. While the Joes take an early 4-0 lead and maintain their advantage through the first half of the game, it isn't long until Hardaway starts crossing over the Joes and dishing to Jones for some open lay-ups. "School is in session and it's an open book test," screams Smith from the sideline after the Pros win. "And you still failed, playa."

"I heard so much about Roy playing with a CBA team but I had never seen him in person," Hardaway says after the game. "I wanted to see if he really had skills and he does. He's got some skills. He knows how to play the game. He knows how to play the game the correct way and we showed these Joes how it's done."

While Jones and Hardaway were supposed to win the game, Jones picked up some motivation when the Joes started talking some trash after Jones launched a couple of early air balls. "I love it when people say I can't do something," he says. "I'm the best athlete in boxing and I want to show that boxers are versatile and can do more than one thing."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV!!!! Basketball, football, & boxing?

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV...gay!!!!

Saw the commercials last night for this....

He also fights one of the Joes in the ring (with protective gear).......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV...gay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Saw the commercials last night for this....

He also fights one of the Joes in the ring (with protective gear).......
    Holy lordy...what has it all come to?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV!!!! Basketball & not boxing.

Say it ain't so, Roy.
    If you needed money you should've just come and asked me.
    There's no shame in asking.
    We're all friends here. We take care of each other.
    Don't do it, baby.
    We'll work through whatever problems we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr to be on Pros vs Joes on Spike TV!!!! Basketball & not boxing.

When is this suppose to air on tv?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is actually a pretty cool show. It sports a lot of juiced up has beens like Canseco, Rocker and Romanowski, but it also has had people like Jerry Rice, Jenny Finch, Herchel Walker (who absolutely TRASHED this one dude who thought he could have made the NFL) and Clyde Drexler.

They showed RJJ letting go a combination to the guy's body on the teaser, hillarious.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Randy Coutre took part in the show too, though I missed that episode. And Randy is a classy UFC fighter, who was both the HW and LH champ, and will be challenging the current HW champ very soon. So don't act like this show is just full of has beens and all that crap. Even if Randy did retire recently. My buddy was tellin me today about this new episode with Roy Jones, and it is gonna rock. On the info for the show, it says "A round with Roy Jones", so that should be tight, none of these Joes could go a round with Roy if he didn't want them to, so ya know he takes it easy on em.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Randy Coutre took part in the show too, though I missed that episode. And Randy is a classy UFC fighter, who was both the HW and LH champ, and will be challenging the current HW champ very soon. So don't act like this show is just full of has beens and all that crap. Even if Randy did retire recently. My buddy was tellin me today about this new episode with Roy Jones, and it is gonna rock. On the info for the show, it says "A round with Roy Jones", so that should be tight, none of these Joes could go a round with Roy if he didn't want them to, so ya know he takes it easy on em.
    I didn't say the show was all hasbeens and jerks. I said it's half and half. Jerry Rice is my favorite football player of all time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I didn't say the show was all hasbeens and jerks. I said it's half and half. Jerry Rice is my favorite football player of all time.
    I wasn't accusin you. I was just makin a general statement about what some people have said about the show. For the record I like Jose Canseco too, he's a good guy. He was on the Surreal Life a couple seasons back.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't accusin you. I was just makin a general statement about what some people have said about the show. For the record I like Jose Canseco too, he's a good guy. He was on the Surreal Life a couple seasons back.
    I saw that. Him and Janice Dickenson. She's fucken nasty. He's nice and all, but he's the definition of a dumb jock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This show is AWESOME!!!!
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope somebody posts it on here... those joes deserve it because they are way too cocky considering they are nobodies... I have no problem with a trained athlete at a sport demolishing a cocky prick who tries to step up to the plate... I am sure Jones won't go all out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Say it ain't so, Roy.
    If you needed money you should've just come and asked me.
    There's no shame in asking.
    We're all friends here. We take care of each other.
    Don't do it, baby.
    We'll work through whatever problems we have.
    i think money is the last thing he needs.............. but serioulsy guysam i the only one who doesnt mind this

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw that. Him and Janice Dickenson. She's fucken nasty. He's nice and all, but he's the definition of a dumb jock.
    Yeah, she's an evil, fukked up, old ass bitch. They didn't hook up though or nothin, Jose has got more class than that. Also have you seen the new season of Surreal Life, I know you have man, with Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremey. "Backstabber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

El Kabong Guest

Herchel Walker (who absolutely TRASHED this one dude who thought he could have made the NFL)
    Herchel is one of the FEW guys I thought could have gone straight out of high school to the NFL......Bo Jackson might have been able to as well......those guys were fucking BEASTS!!!!

Thread Information