Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nicky Cook

He was ment to be challenging Scot Harrison for the WBO belt back in december till Harrision pulled out,so he fought an 8rounder that night but why is his next fight an 8 rounder on the Calzaghe-Manfredo undercard.Shouldnt Warren be trying to get him another title shot? He's ranked 6th by the wbo,by fight 8round fights that not going to do him any favours in the rankings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nicky Cook

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    He was ment to be challenging Scot Harrison for the WBO belt back in december till Harrision pulled out,so he fought an 8rounder that night but why is his next fight an 8 rounder on the Calzaghe-Manfredo undercard.Shouldnt Warren be trying to get him another title shot? He's ranked 6th by the wbo,by fight 8round fights that not going to do him any favours in the rankings.
    the Joe C-Manfredo fight will get him tremendous exposure..so a great fight could lead up to some lucrative paydays.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    the Joe C-Manfredo fight will get him tremendous exposure..so a great fight could lead up to some lucrative paydays.....
    To be honest I'll doubt he will get any exposure at all from fighting on the undercard of this. I'm sure Enzo will be fighting along with Amir Khan, they will get TV coverage for sure, I expect Cook may get a 10 min brief highlights slot at the end of the show, if anything at all.

Use Showtime as an example. Cory Spinks, a former undisputed welterwight champion and now champion in two weight classes made the first defense of his 154 lb title against Rodney Jones on the undercard of Dawson Adamek and Showtime didn't even deem it worthy to screen highlights.

Louis Collazo fought on the undercard of the Briggs Lyakhovich card and they didn't screen that either.

I seriously doubt that Nicky Cook, in fighting an 8 rounder, who has never even fought for a world title will get any noticable coverage whatsoever from this.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True bilbo - Cook vs no-name will get lost on this bill

But not to worry he's yet another fighter promised a world title shot this year
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Louis Collazo fought on the undercard of the Briggs Lyakhovich card and they didn't screen that either. Bilbo

I found this one particularly upsetting. I wanted to see Collazo fight again after the Hatton debacle.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Louis Collazo fought on the undercard of the Briggs Lyakhovich card and they didn't screen that either. Bilbo

I found this one particularly upsetting. I wanted to see Collazo fight again after the Hatton debacle.

Well at least you'll get your chance this coming weekend. I don't see him doing much against Mosely however, except lie down for a long time

Thread Information