Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default have a question about having heart

Hello everybody ive been boxing for like a year and i only sparred maybe like 30 times but everytime i spare with someone, i dont know i get really nervouse and do awfull. i guess you can say im a litlle scared. does alote of poeple start of like this? will i eventually jump into the ring with no fear at all after fighting alote. becuase when i spare with a friend or someone that i know wont go that hard on me i do real good. thank you

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: have a question about having heart

Ive got a feeling youre young and unsure. The good thing is you know the problem, youve admitted it to yourself youre not stupid. Everybody is nervous when they start or should be its a hurt game, Ive a feeling in a while youll find yourself confidence seems to make people braver, bare with it Ive a feeling you will come through it
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lynwood1
    Hello everybody ive been boxing for like a year and i only sparred maybe like 30 times but everytime i spare with someone, i dont know i get really nervouse and do awfull. i guess you can say im a litlle scared. does alote of poeple start of like this? will i eventually jump into the ring with no fear at all after fighting alote. becuase when i spare with a friend or someone that i know wont go that hard on me i do real good. thank you
    Fear is only a feeling. you need to understand this . your mindset needs to change a bit.

I can remember the first time I sparred , wow that was many moons ago ! , I was scared a bit, nervous, then I got hit on the nose , my mind set changed at that moment ! like a switch. I went from a mind set of passive, unsure, to a mind set of motivation and was determined to return fire ! I had limited skills at that time , but I distinctly remember getting my punch in shortly thereafter , to the shock and dismay of my seasoned opponent. Got respect Immediately and everything grew from there. Remember success breeds success.. you need to be more positive ! and learn to turn that switch on when your in the ring. and learn to turn it off when your outside the ring !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Fear is only a feeling. you need to understand this . your mindset needs to change a bit.
    Remember success breeds success.. you need to be more positive ! and learn to turn that switch on when your in the ring. and learn to turn it off when your outside the ring !"

I like the above quote - I too know how much nerves can mess with you. I have it more in competition than training. I'm not necessarily scared of being hit but scared of disappointing my coaches, performing in front of a large crowd and suddenly not being able to show what I can do. I hate to feel a coach has put hours and hours of time into training me and I've failed them.

I'm also yet to have the nerves management down. Perhaps you will find that the skills you develop in controlling your nerves when you train will pay off big time when you begin to compete because you will be composed while many of us are sh...ng ourselves!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Thread Information