Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Should champions or other fights who have just won an easy fight...?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should champions or other fights who have just won an easy fight...?

Fight sooner?

I could see Mayweather easily fighting again inbetween Baldomir and Oscar Dela Hoya... he did hurt his hand, but IMO he could fight a good fighter between their fight, and still be fine for Oscar Dela Hoya... I think that the fighters who have dominated their last fight without any trouble and/or difficulty shouldn't have a problem fighintg with in two months of their previous match... I hate waiting for my favorite fighters to fight when they take 4-6 months inbetween each fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should champions or other fights who have just won an easy fight...?

Promotion, promotion, promotion got to get the paperwork all straight and pack the house.You'll notice alot of younger fighters just starting, box about once a month or two. Its possible but probably not the best financial move for an established fighter.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Should champions or other fights who have just won an easy fight...?

In the case of a fighter who does not have any injuries? Yes.
    We are still unsure as to wether or not Floyd actually did hurt his hand or not. I guess we will just have to take his word for it. As far as to what extent it was injured? We also do not know. However, I have said this before.. (in the back of his mind) Floyd was saving his hand for the real fight. This fight being against Oscar. Floyd might have hurt his hand on Baldomirs hard azz head though. I just don't understand why Floyd hit's the heavy bag so damn hard during training when he knows he suffers from injuries in this area. If any of you have ever hit a heavy bag, you will know what I mean. I don't think Floyd is a natural hard hitter and I think he has to work extremely hard at trying to develop the power he does have. Just look at his father. His father was fast and has some of the same traits Floyd Jr has today. I think Floyd Jr. worked extra hard in two areas his father failed and that being stamina and power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a strong believer in staying active. it keeps the weight under control, and keeps you in the right mind set. however injuries occur quite frequently in matches even when your dominating its just those injuries are not always conveyed to the media for obvious reasons. these can be hands, shoulder, ribs bruised, torn cartilage, fractured Orbital socket, abdominal tears. these things happen all the time.. just takes time to recover, and get back in the gym and train for the next fight... without proper rest and moving along too fast you could find yourself in dire straights and thus have a shallow performance your next outing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd couldn't fight an interim fight because of all the promotion that's going on. They're doing a nationwide press tour this month.
    Fighters in the old days were more active, but it's not because they were hungrier or enjoyed fighting more, it was because they didn't get paid a lot, so they had to fight more just to make ends meet.

If the fighters of the 30s, 40s and 50s were making millions, they would've only fought twice a year too.

Thread Information