Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arturo Gatti -vs- Diego Corrales July 14th, 2007

Arturo Gatti -vs- Diego Corrales July 14th, 2007 (HBO)? MAYBE!
    There is talk of a show down between, Arturo Gatti & Diego Corrales on July 14th, 2007 (HBO) at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. Promoter Gary Shaw said he recently called Gatti's manager to talk about making this happen. This is going to be an amazing fight and a crowd pleaser if it actually unfolds.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arturo Gatti -vs- Diego Corrales July 14th, 2007

I really think Gatti is done, but Coralles is hardly iron jawed. It could make for a really exciting fight, a last nice payday for Gatti, against another blood and guts fighter.

People will no doubt moan about this fight being made on here, but imo Gatti deserves to have a chance to go slugging against one of his kind.

Hopefully neither will get hurt, both will make money, and one of them may actually have the experience of finally winning a fight again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I really think Gatti is done, but Coralles is hardly iron jawed. It could make for a really exciting fight, a last nice payday for Gatti, against another blood and guts fighter.

People will no doubt moan about this fight being made on here, but imo Gatti deserves to have a chance to go slugging against one of his kind.

Hopefully neither will get hurt, both will make money, and one of them may actually have the experience of finally winning a fight again
    Yeh i just dont like the idea of Gatti being in with a puncher. He doesn't deserve to get hurt. He's given too much to the sport . Its a good chance for Corrales tho. I'll still watch it
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Yeh i just dont like the idea of Gatti being in with a puncher. He doesn't deserve to get hurt. He's given too much to the sport . Its a good chance for Corrales tho. I'll still watch it
    To be honest if Getti does get ktfo I'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

He's a rare fighter who just likes taking a beating. He'll be ok, I'm sure if Coralles starts hurting him the ref will jump in pretty quick.

It will interesting to see how Diego's power carries to 147 lb. 2 weight classes is a big jump but he looks like he should naturally weigh at least 165 so I think he should be pretty strong.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read that 'there was NO chance' of this fight coming off from Corrales camp. interview on fightnews on Tuesday I think it was.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Corrales is too fast, too good, and too powerful Gatti to handle not just now, but ever in his career.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I think Corrales is too fast, too good, and too powerful Gatti to handle not just now, but ever in his career.
    Id say it would always be a pick em. Gatti has the power to put Corrales straight to sleep. Corrales obviously could KO Gatti as well but Id say Arturo could have taken much more punishment from him than the other way round. Certainly at their respective bests at least.. Now, who knows?? Gatti's seriously damaged goods but Corrales is to and he's moving up 2 weight divisions after he's already been punished.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Gatti knows that the shots he takes now he will be paying for them in about 10 years time.He needs to retire now.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Id say it would always be a pick em. Gatti has the power to put Corrales straight to sleep. Corrales obviously could KO Gatti as well but Id say Arturo could have taken much more punishment from him than the other way round. Certainly at their respective bests at least.. Now, who knows?? Gatti's seriously damaged goods but Corrales is to and he's moving up 2 weight divisions after he's already been punished.
    Have you seen the Castillo fight? I think Corrales' chin is underrated... he was being hit all night by Castillo, and it took 10 rounds to break him down in the first one... THe second one he was just pushing too low of a weight while Castillo didn't have to. Corrales is still 30, and has quite a bit left in him... Losing a fight against Casamayor when your weight drained, and still couldn't make weight doesn't exactly mean your damaged goods. Corrales IMO still has awhile left. The two guys who fought them that I've seen fight both in Manfredy and Mayweather I saw Corrales deal with Mayweather's power for longer, and he KO'ed Manfredy very quickly while Manfredy took Gatti to school.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corrales by KO,I think both are slightly over it but Gatti more so.Not a fight I'd want to see,I worry about Gatti's health!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Have you seen the Castillo fight? I think Corrales' chin is underrated... he was being hit all night by Castillo, and it took 10 rounds to break him down in the first one... THe second one he was just pushing too low of a weight while Castillo didn't have to. Corrales is still 30, and has quite a bit left in him... Losing a fight against Casamayor when your weight drained, and still couldn't make weight doesn't exactly mean your damaged goods. Corrales IMO still has awhile left. The two guys who fought them that I've seen fight both in Manfredy and Mayweather I saw Corrales deal with Mayweather's power for longer, and he KO'ed Manfredy very quickly while Manfredy took Gatti to school.
    Yes your probably right the more I think about it, but Corrales always had a tendency to go to war, and Gatti really does/did have some great power, Id say he hits harder than Castillo for sure at his best. Who knows. If Corrales could take his punches he'd win, if not I don't think so, no matter how long he could stay in control, Arturo would land something big the way he fights.

Thread Information