Thread: Peter rejects step-aside offer!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter rejects step-aside offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    The way I see it, Peter is doing the right thing and even if he beats maskaev and loses to vitali for the title down the line (which I don't see happening), at least he stood his ground and did it honorably. klit fans should want Peter to fight for the title first because that way if vitali beats Peter for the title (again, I doubt it) and then gets injured and has to postpone a future fight, nobody will say it's an excuse and he will truly be recognized as champ. Even by me. Any one that doesn't see what a cowardly act it is for vitali to say he's coming back only after Peter beat Toney the second time, is either not paying attention or just a bias klit fan. He knows he could have taken his tiime coming back if Toney won cause he would have beaten him anyway but he's unsure if he can beat Peter.
    What if Peter loses to Maskaev?It can happen where is he then?He won't get another shot for quite some time.All he has to do is sit back,make money(for doing nothing), and wait for a big money fight against the winner!What is the problem?

Vitaly is so far from being a coward and I won't even respond to such a ludicrous statement.

For those of you that forgot that Vitali retired because of injury, it takes time to rehab an injury such as his and now at this time and for no other reason he feels 100% and that is why he is coming back at this particular time and not because of the current heavyweight situation.
    Why should Peter sit back and wait? vitali sat back for about 2 years. You mean to tell me he can't wait a few months all of a sudden? What's his rush? Let Peter fiight his well earned mandatory and then he can fight the winner.
    Right on the money. CC no. 100!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    man,
    This has been talked about, and beaten to death....And 90% of the people talkin about it, are just talking with emotion. And i feel for you, i really do. I have been a fan of a fighter who got the sh*t end of the stick before. However, jesus christ, the ONLY reason peter wants this fight, is so he can hold the WBC belt before klitschko's do. IF peter does not fight maskeav, he will NEVER get that belt. He wants the easier route to the belt, than having to go through a Klitschko to get it.

I mean seriously, he got beat down bad..something like 114-111, and thats with him getting 3 knockdowns! (even though 2 were rabbit punches). If wlad beat peters a$$ the way he did, wtf do you think will happen if vitali gets a hold of him? Seriously. Someone please look at this objectively.

Everyone is hatin on Vitali, but he is doing nothing wrong, he's a fighter who sees an opportunity to beat someones a$$, and make alot more money than peter vs oleg would make.
    No one here would do anything different than vitali, NO ONE. it isn't his fault that the WBC granted him his emeritus status. He is just trying to use a right, given to him by the WBC. Also, this emeritus status that was given to vitali WAS NOT A LAST SECOND THING. it was given to vitali immediately after his retirement announcement. All in all, rules are rules, i know it sucks for peter (if it goes through) and if peter gets the fight, cool, glad he could make his money and get his belt. if he doesnt get his fight, cool, im glad vitali is able to come back after retiring from an injury and grab a belt.
    Those are ridiculous statements. How can you say that Peter is just trying to get the wbc title before the klits do? He was fighting mandatories before they came into the picture and it is them that are trying to get a hold of it before he does. Peter has been trying to rematch wlad since the day after their fight and I can't imagine him ducking big bro either.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's something else for you geniuses to swallow. You guys don't see anything wrong with vitali skipping Peter and try to make every possible bit of sense you can out of it but believe me, if it was the right thing to do, they wouldn't be offering that kind of money for Peter to step. Everyone of the klit fans say that he's crazy for not taking the money but he's not from the new breed of so-called fighters that you hear talking about money all the time. He is a real fighter with honor that actually cares more about fighting and being the best than money.

Bottom line is this, the wbc, maskaev and vitali are all to blame here. The wbc is trying to squrrel their way out liability by trying to have someone else make the decision for them and it's just dirty.

How can you guys in good conscience call yourself boxing fans with bias thinking like that? Do you realize how something like this, if it happens, will set the tone for much more corruption in the sport real boxing fans love. MMA is supposed to be a distant second but things like this are driving fans away and giving UFC a chance to catch up and eventually pass boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    The way I see it, Peter is doing the right thing and even if he beats maskaev and loses to vitali for the title down the line (which I don't see happening), at least he stood his ground and did it honorably. klit fans should want Peter to fight for the title first because that way if vitali beats Peter for the title (again, I doubt it) and then gets injured and has to postpone a future fight, nobody will say it's an excuse and he will truly be recognized as champ. Even by me. Any one that doesn't see what a cowardly act it is for vitali to say he's coming back only after Peter beat Toney the second time, is either not paying attention or just a bias klit fan. He knows he could have taken his tiime coming back if Toney won cause he would have beaten him anyway but he's unsure if he can beat Peter.
    What if Peter loses to Maskaev?It can happen where is he then?He won't get another shot for quite some time.All he has to do is sit back,make money(for doing nothing), and wait for a big money fight against the winner!What is the problem?

Vitaly is so far from being a coward and I won't even respond to such a ludicrous statement.

For those of you that forgot that Vitali retired because of injury, it takes time to rehab an injury such as his and now at this time and for no other reason he feels 100% and that is why he is coming back at this particular time and not because of the current heavyweight situation.
    Why should Peter sit back and wait? vitali sat back for about 2 years. You mean to tell me he can't wait a few months all of a sudden? What's his rush? Let Peter fiight his well earned mandatory and then he can fight the winner.
    Right on the money. CC no. 100!
    Thanx & cc back for making the points I didn't get to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,
    This has been talked about, and beaten to death....And 90% of the people talkin about it, are just talking with emotion. And i feel for you, i really do. I have been a fan of a fighter who got the sh*t end of the stick before. However, jesus christ, the ONLY reason peter wants this fight, is so he can hold the WBC belt before klitschko's do. IF peter does not fight maskeav, he will NEVER get that belt. He wants the easier route to the belt, than having to go through a Klitschko to get it.

I mean seriously, he got beat down bad..something like 114-111, and thats with him getting 3 knockdowns! (even though 2 were rabbit punches). If wlad beat peters a$$ the way he did, wtf do you think will happen if vitali gets a hold of him? Seriously. Someone please look at this objectively.

Everyone is hatin on Vitali, but he is doing nothing wrong, he's a fighter who sees an opportunity to beat someones a$$, and make alot more money than peter vs oleg would make.
    No one here would do anything different than vitali, NO ONE. it isn't his fault that the WBC granted him his emeritus status. He is just trying to use a right, given to him by the WBC. Also, this emeritus status that was given to vitali WAS NOT A LAST SECOND THING. it was given to vitali immediately after his retirement announcement. All in all, rules are rules, i know it sucks for peter (if it goes through) and if peter gets the fight, cool, glad he could make his money and get his belt. if he doesnt get his fight, cool, im glad vitali is able to come back after retiring from an injury and grab a belt.
    Those are ridiculous statements. How can you say that Peter is just trying to get the wbc title before the klits do? He was fighting mandatories before they came into the picture and it is them that are trying to get a hold of it before he does. Peter has been trying to rematch wlad since the day after their fight and I can't imagine him ducking big bro either.

LMMFAO

Listen, i know its a hard concept to grasp, but its ALL ABOUT MONEY.
    WBC is ABOUT THE MONEY
    samuel peter is ABOUT THE MONEY
    don king is ABOUT THE MONEY

WBC made the emeritus status rule LONG before peter ever became a contender. Why you ask? well its simple. For this very reason.
    WBC not samuel peter, not Don king, Not vitali klitschko, not shelly finkel, not duva, not even jesus christ himself will keep the WBC in buisness. Its the WBC. And like it, or not. Any professional sporting event, is ABOUT MONEY. thats why i say its sad if peter doesnt get his shot, But, OH WELL. if looking at the rules Vitali has just as much of a right to fight than peter. Read the rules. seriously.
    Stop pretending like you know whats going on, and just read WTF the WBC has as rules. And if you dont like it, To friggen bad,it is what it is. You cant change it, peter cant change it.
    WBC covered its a$$.

they gave 2.5 million as an offer to peter to
    1.shut the hell up and stop crying
    2.pay back the sanction fee's
    3.shut the hell up and stop crying.

Peter said Hell NO! 2.5, No way... Now people are saying crap like "OH what a guy, he's doing the right thing!, he cant be bought off, blah blah blah. THEN WHY IS DON KING making a COUNTER OFFER!
    because its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    King has financial advisers, and they assess the POTENTIAL fight with maskaev, and they want to try and get MORE than what peter COULD possibly MAKE in that fight. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    WBC WANTS OLEG & VITALI in MOSCOW. it will be one of the biggest fights ever in that area. Its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    Then Vitali will KO Peter, and peter will be left with about 30%-40% of a bigger profit than if he fought maskaev first.
    PETER WILL BE OK WITH THAT, BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

even after i typed all that, what it comes down to are a few facts that you, me, and everyone else cannot change.
    1. WBC sets its own rules. And it clearly states that (section 1.21 Championship Defense Obligations. )
    iv) a former or retired world champion upon majority vote of the Board of Governors;
    section X under 1.21
    x) Under extreme special circumstances, such as an unification bout or a proposed bout with a legendary boxer, that could result in a great promotion, prestige, and importance for the sport of boxing, the WBC may sanction such bout as a mandatory bout. If a mandatory challenger had already been appointed by the WBC(PETER), the winner of the special bout(VITALI OR OLEG) will then face the mandatory challenger without an intervening contest.

2. WBC wants whats best for the WBC, plublicity wise, and MONEY wise.
    like it or not.
    It maybe be morally wrong, but i quote
    "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

LMMFAO

WBC is ABOUT THE MONEY

WBC made the emeritus status rule LONG before peter ever became a contender. Why you ask? well its simple. For this very reason.
    WBC not samuel peter, not Don king, Not vitali klitschko, not shelly finkel, not duva, not even jesus christ himself will keep the WBC in buisness. Its the WBC. And like it, or not. Any professional sporting event, is ABOUT MONEY. thats why i say its sad if peter doesnt get his shot, But, OH WELL. if looking at the rules Vitali has just as much of a right to fight than peter. Read the rules. seriously.
    Stop pretending like you know whats going on, and just read WTF the WBC has as rules. And if you dont like it, To friggen bad,it is what it is. You cant change it, peter cant change it.
    WBC covered its a$$.

Peter said Hell NO! 2.5, No way... Now people are saying crap like "OH what a guy, he's doing the right thing!, he cant be bought off, blah blah blah. THEN WHY IS DON KING making a COUNTER OFFER!
    King has financial advisers, and they assess the POTENTIAL fight with maskaev, and they want to try and get MORE than what peter COULD possibly MAKE in that fight. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    WBC WANTS OLEG & VITALI in MOSCOW. it will be one of the biggest fights ever in that area. Its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    Then Vitali will KO Peter, and peter will be left with about 30%-40% of a bigger profit than if he fought maskaev first.

even after i typed all that, what it comes down to are a few facts that you, me, and everyone else cannot change.
    1. WBC sets its own rules. And it clearly states that (section 1.21 Championship Defense Obligations. )
    iv) a former or retired world champion upon majority vote of the Board of Governors;
    section X under 1.21
    x) Under extreme special circumstances, such as an unification bout or a proposed bout with a legendary boxer, that could result in a great promotion, prestige, and importance for the sport of boxing, the WBC may sanction such bout as a mandatory bout. If a mandatory challenger had already been appointed by the WBC(PETER), the winner of the special bout(VITALI OR OLEG) will then face the mandatory challenger without an intervening contest.

like it or not.
    That's a joke right?

I can't believe you just tried to refer to vitali as legendary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

LMMFAO

WBC is ABOUT THE MONEY

WBC covered its a$$.

section X under 1.21

like it or not.
    That's a joke right?

I can't believe you just tried to refer to vitali as legendary.
    Are you dense? or a high school drop out or not even in high school yet?
    That is what the WBC has used so far to defend the reasoning behind making Vitali the Mandatory.
    did you eat paint chips as lil kid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

Why do you think Vitali would beat Peter worse than Wlad did? Wlad has chin issues, but I think he's a much more skilled boxer than Vitali.
    Vitali might not get knocked down 3 times like Wlad did, but I can't see Vitali winning 9 or 10 rounds against Peter like Wlad did.
    Vitali's claim to fame is getting his face ripped to shreds by an old, fat, out of shape, unprepared, unmotivated Lennox Lewis. If he had ever accomplished anything else, he wouldn't talk about Lennox Lewis over and over and over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    man,

Why do you think Vitali would beat Peter worse than Wlad did? Wlad has chin issues, but I think he's a much more skilled boxer than Vitali.
    Vitali might not get knocked down 3 times like Wlad did, but I can't see Vitali winning 9 or 10 rounds against Peter like Wlad did.
    Vitali's claim to fame is getting his face ripped to shreds by an old, fat, out of shape, unprepared, unmotivated Lennox Lewis. If he had ever accomplished anything else, he wouldn't talk about Lennox Lewis over and over and over and over again.
    Excellent point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

IF wlad made samuel peter do the judah dance, What in the world do you think vitali would do? Vitali has alot more power IMO than wlad. Wlad might have alittle more style, but vitali has a great powerline, and will devastate samuel peter inside of 6 rounds.
    EASILY.

about wlad being more skilled...Dont let the fact that you have only been able to watch wlad fight for the past 2 years (and not vitali)
    persuade your decision.
    I mean, wlad has improved greatly since his loss to corrie sanders,
    But vitali and wlad fought sanders only 1 year apart, and it was 2 totally different fights. Its funny
    when both klitschkos started to get recognized Wlad was supposedly the better of the two, then it moved to Vitali, and now back to wlad. Well it seems like whoever we get to see more, is who we say is better (which is understandable) however, lets not forget, vitali did not retire champ as an accident. His power, and stamina (at the time when both fighters were fighting at the same time) was favored over wlads.
    Now, as far as mentioning his loss to lewis over and over, Im sure it bothers him to this day....i know it would bother me...
    He had him beat, by 2(some say 3) rounds. But a dang cut stopped him from beating lewis. Now, im sure it haunts him to this day. That is no doubt.
    it was his biggest fight of his career, and he believes he coulda won it, IF (and i say IF) that cut didnt stop the fight. But it did, and the books say he got TKO'd. It wouldnt bother you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    man,

Excellent point
    I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

IF wlad made samuel peter do the judah dance, What in the world do you think vitali would do? Vitali has alot more power IMO than wlad. Wlad might have alittle more style, but vitali has a great powerline, and will devastate samuel peter inside of 6 rounds.
    EASILY.
    Besides Klitschkofan, who actually makes sense when he posts, the rest of the klit fans are too bias to make any sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bx730
    lets review our recent quarrels on this topic, and see who has posted with facts, and who has posted with emotion and only opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man,

EASILY.
    Besides Klitschkofan, who actually makes sense when he posts, the rest of the klit fans are too bias to make any sense.
    I agree, I like Klitschkofan a great deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's something else for you geniuses to swallow. You guys don't see anything wrong with vitali skipping Peter and try to make every possible bit of sense you can out of it but believe me, if it was the right thing to do, they wouldn't be offering that kind of money for Peter to step. Everyone of the klit fans say that he's crazy for not taking the money but he's not from the new breed of so-called fighters that you hear talking about money all the time. He is a real fighter with honor that actually cares more about fighting and being the best than money.

Bottom line is this, the wbc, maskaev and vitali are all to blame here. The wbc is trying to squrrel their way out liability by trying to have someone else make the decision for them and it's just dirty.

How can you guys in good conscience call yourself boxing fans with bias thinking like that? Do you realize how something like this, if it happens, will set the tone for much more corruption in the sport real boxing fans love. MMA is supposed to be a distant second but things like this are driving fans away and giving UFC a chance to catch up and eventually pass boxing.
    why are they counter Offering?

Thread Information