Thread: Peter rejects step-aside offer!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter rejects step-aside offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    man,
    This has been talked about, and beaten to death....And 90% of the people talkin about it, are just talking with emotion. And i feel for you, i really do. I have been a fan of a fighter who got the sh*t end of the stick before. However, jesus christ, the ONLY reason peter wants this fight, is so he can hold the WBC belt before klitschko's do. IF peter does not fight maskeav, he will NEVER get that belt. He wants the easier route to the belt, than having to go through a Klitschko to get it.

I mean seriously, he got beat down bad..something like 114-111, and thats with him getting 3 knockdowns! (even though 2 were rabbit punches). If wlad beat peters a$$ the way he did, wtf do you think will happen if vitali gets a hold of him? Seriously. Someone please look at this objectively.

Everyone is hatin on Vitali, but he is doing nothing wrong, he's a fighter who sees an opportunity to beat someones a$$, and make alot more money than peter vs oleg would make.
    No one here would do anything different than vitali, NO ONE. it isn't his fault that the WBC granted him his emeritus status. He is just trying to use a right, given to him by the WBC. Also, this emeritus status that was given to vitali WAS NOT A LAST SECOND THING. it was given to vitali immediately after his retirement announcement. All in all, rules are rules, i know it sucks for peter (if it goes through) and if peter gets the fight, cool, glad he could make his money and get his belt. if he doesnt get his fight, cool, im glad vitali is able to come back after retiring from an injury and grab a belt.
    Those are ridiculous statements. How can you say that Peter is just trying to get the wbc title before the klits do? He was fighting mandatories before they came into the picture and it is them that are trying to get a hold of it before he does. Peter has been trying to rematch wlad since the day after their fight and I can't imagine him ducking big bro either.

LMMFAO

Listen, i know its a hard concept to grasp, but its ALL ABOUT MONEY.
    WBC is ABOUT THE MONEY
    samuel peter is ABOUT THE MONEY
    don king is ABOUT THE MONEY

WBC made the emeritus status rule LONG before peter ever became a contender. Why you ask? well its simple. For this very reason.
    WBC not samuel peter, not Don king, Not vitali klitschko, not shelly finkel, not duva, not even jesus christ himself will keep the WBC in buisness. Its the WBC. And like it, or not. Any professional sporting event, is ABOUT MONEY. thats why i say its sad if peter doesnt get his shot, But, OH WELL. if looking at the rules Vitali has just as much of a right to fight than peter. Read the rules. seriously.
    Stop pretending like you know whats going on, and just read WTF the WBC has as rules. And if you dont like it, To friggen bad,it is what it is. You cant change it, peter cant change it.
    WBC covered its a$$.

they gave 2.5 million as an offer to peter to
    1.shut the hell up and stop crying
    2.pay back the sanction fee's
    3.shut the hell up and stop crying.

Peter said Hell NO! 2.5, No way... Now people are saying crap like "OH what a guy, he's doing the right thing!, he cant be bought off, blah blah blah. THEN WHY IS DON KING making a COUNTER OFFER!
    because its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    King has financial advisers, and they assess the POTENTIAL fight with maskaev, and they want to try and get MORE than what peter COULD possibly MAKE in that fight. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    WBC WANTS OLEG & VITALI in MOSCOW. it will be one of the biggest fights ever in that area. Its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
    Then Vitali will KO Peter, and peter will be left with about 30%-40% of a bigger profit than if he fought maskaev first.
    PETER WILL BE OK WITH THAT, BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

even after i typed all that, what it comes down to are a few facts that you, me, and everyone else cannot change.
    1. WBC sets its own rules. And it clearly states that (section 1.21 Championship Defense Obligations. )
    iv) a former or retired world champion upon majority vote of the Board of Governors;
    section X under 1.21
    x) Under extreme special circumstances, such as an unification bout or a proposed bout with a legendary boxer, that could result in a great promotion, prestige, and importance for the sport of boxing, the WBC may sanction such bout as a mandatory bout. If a mandatory challenger had already been appointed by the WBC(PETER), the winner of the special bout(VITALI OR OLEG) will then face the mandatory challenger without an intervening contest.

2. WBC wants whats best for the WBC, plublicity wise, and MONEY wise.
    like it or not.
    It maybe be morally wrong, but i quote
    "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"
    CC
    Yes indeed. Boxing is a busniess. And the WBC and Don King are ALL about the money.
    I dont care what Peter thinks, King pulls the strings and will negotiate whatever makes him the most money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Peter giving up that position as legitimate challenger, takes him out of the championship spot vs. Klitchko , and I would predict Peter would have little problem beating Maskeav . meaning he would be the Champion going into the Vitali Klitchko fight, that’s if Vitali would still be interested in coming out of retirement if Peter wins ! .. anyway Sam being champion gives him more leverage on the purse split going into that Klitchko fight.. 70 % champion - 30% challenger on average. that’s a huge difference in profits when you consider the amount of revenue a big fight like that would produce.. and we aint talking no measly 2.5 million dollar step aside money as compensation for the lucrative defending Champion status .. my advise is "Don't take the money Peter.". fuck Klitchko and company ! Peter paid a total of $100,000 in sanctioning fees already , which the WBC has gladly pocketed to earn the right to fight for the WBC title. Sam would be foolish to step aside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF SAMUEL PETER KO'S VITALI KLITSCHKO THEN GETS A REMATCH & KO'S LIL BRO. WHAT WILL YOU GUY'S HAVE TO SAY?!!! NOTHIN! LEFT WITH A OPEN MOUTH! SAM WAS THE MAN GOING INTO THE W. KLITSCHKO FIGHT I WAS ON THIS SAME SITE 90% OF PEOPLE ON HERE SAID SAM PETER IS KNOCKIN W. KLITSCHKO OUT!! YEAH I REMEMBER DON'T FRONT!. YOU ALL WILL SEE!! I HAVE THE INSIDE SCOOP I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME TO SAY....IF YOU GUYS LOOK BACK AT MY PREVIOUS POST YOU'LL KNOW WHO I'AM. SAMUEL IS A GOOD GUY RIGHT IS RIGHT & WRONG IS WRONG. HE STANDS FOR WHAT'S RIGHT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleg is the winner here. He is several sizes bigger than Toney (subtracting the fat) and has reach. SP did not show that he has the tools to beat him.

I would say Oleg wins, the fights VK and loses with valiant effort!

Remember how well he thought Tua, just happened to get caught in the end. Maskaev has learnt, and is in great shape.

Peter will learn a lesson. How hot is he if Maskaev beats him? (Perhaps he will have to take a fight against Corrie Sanders to come back...since he is so easy to beat (lol) just ask Sprott!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I MEANT FROM MY LAST POST AFTER PETER BEATS MASKAEV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as fight fans we have nothing really to worry about. Any match-up will be interesting.

Oleg - VK interesting - one tough "warm-up"

Oleg - Peter interesting - Oleg is not going to let go easily and he has reach and KO power

VK - Peter interesting - is VK with even more reach and killer instinct than WK be possible to beat? very exciting!

So, lets not worrie about this. Its horsetrading, no one is right or wrong, they are just making the best deal they think they can. Im happy with any result. And given the rules there is no clear answer to whos right it is.

Thread Information