Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: was evander holyfield unbeatable at cruiserweight

Probably
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always thought that nobody in the history of boxing beats Floyd Mayweather Jr at lightweight, Roy Jones Jr. at super middleweight, and Evander Holyfield at cruiser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To keep it simple... yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander was great Cruiserweight and I would say Yes the best ! another great fighter was Michael Moorer at Light Heavyweight , Holyfield -vs.- Moorer at Cruiserweight would have been fantastic match has they been there at the same time !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think the great Bob Foster could've given The Real Deal any problems? They didn't have cruiserweight then i think, Bob was a lightheavy but had a pop in the heavies but the fights i seen him in at heavy he's too lean. But sure was a mean sonofabitch at light heavy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Holyfeild would have taken Fosters power. I dont think Foster would have taken Holyfeilds power or workrate
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably right mate, Holy was one strong cruiser ripped to fuk. Think if this happened bob would've been on the back foot with Holy walking thru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch His fight against Muhammad Quawi... their first fight. He was very beatable. He's been hurt a few times at cruiserweight, and he only fought 18 fights at the weight. IF you saw Mike Tyson's first thirty some fights you might think he was unbeatable. I think also Michael Spinks could have beaten Holyfield at cruiserweight, and maybe Billy Conn, Joe Frazier who I think could have gotten down to the weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Watch His fight against Muhammad Quawi... their first fight. He was very beatable. He's been hurt a few times at cruiserweight, and he only fought 18 fights at the weight. IF you saw Mike Tyson's first thirty some fights you might think he was unbeatable. I think also Michael Spinks could have beaten Holyfield at cruiserweight, and maybe Billy Conn, Joe Frazier who I think could have gotten down to the weight.
    He won a decisive(imo) sd to Quawi and disposed of him in the rematch. But your right he was beatable. But then again everyone is beatable. Marciano was never beaten (in the pros) but he was still beatable it just didnt happen
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i pretty much agree with that statment, ive always thought spinks gives anyone trouble(except prime tyson ofcourse) spinks was great at lightheavy and heavywieght for that matter,and i see his awkward style frustrating the sh!t out of holyfield.........................and if tyson had of stayed disciplined and committed(with rooney ) i beleive he would have gone unbeaten for a very long time
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smokin Joe would have been awesome at cruiser an it wouldn't have been too hard for him to get down.

ICB Guest

i didnt see spinks at lightheavy but from what i seen from 2nd holmes fight he wasnt enjoying holmes aggressive style he was man handling spinks and spinks hated that aggressive style i think holyfield would beat spinks with his workrate and aggressiveness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4 sure---thats prob y he moved up 2 heavy-4 more of a challenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)