Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: A question about Freddie Roach.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A question about Freddie Roach.....

We all know Freddi Roach has cancelled all other engagements to train Oscar De La Hoya for his May 5th showdown with Floyd Mayweather.

He won't be in the corner for Peter Manfredo and he won't be in the corner for Isreal Vasquez when he takes on R Marquez either.

My big question is why?

Sure he may not have time to fully train and prepare them now he's working with Oscar but why can't he take a couple days off and fly down to be in the corner for his other guys?

Does he really need to be holding Oscar's hand 24/7 7 days a week between now and the Mayweather fight?

Come to think of it, how much time does a trainer need with any fighter no matter how important?

I mean surely they can't work Oscar for more than 6 hours a day of hard training and I really don't see as Freddy needs to be there for all of that time anyway. I mean does Oscar need to need him to run alongside him on the treadmill, he;s got Parkinsons, he ain't going be going out and running alongside him?

The more I think about it the less I understand it.

Why can't take a weekend off and fly to support Peter in what will probably be his last professional fight? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A question about Freddie Roach.....

its an exclusive clause thang. being golden boys trainer means you gotta diss everyone else whos not golden LOL. so pac man can even train partly in PR as well

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    its an exclusive clause thang. being golden boys trainer means you gotta diss everyone else whos not golden LOL. so pac man can even train partly in PR as well
    If you were one of Roach's other fighters, especially Manfredo or Vasquez would you feel let down by him, or be happy that he's got such a big paying deal?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i was manfredo I would be so busy putting getting my affairs in order.....a living will and all.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bilbo,
    I'm willing to bet Roach talked it over with his fighters prior to signing with ODLH.
    and or it was disscused at one point with them when they met to talk about their contracts......

Really doubt he just dropped them....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    If i was manfredo I would be so busy putting getting my affairs in order.....a living will and all.
    Yeah to be fair there probably wouldnt be any room for Roach in the corner what with all the St John's ambulance men on standy.

I wander if Manfredo Sr will bother bringing a stool for between rounds or just bring a stretcher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes getting 1.3 Mil. Im pretty sure he eats,sleeps, and dreams Oscar and only Oscar. Freddie in Manfredos corner isnt gonna win him the fight anyways but at least Manfredos still making some $$
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    If you were one of Roach's other fighters, especially Manfredo or Vasquez would you feel let down by him, or be happy that he's got such a big paying deal?
    well the most recent best example of this was Pacquiao and yes Pacquiao.

manny the more famous lucritive pacquiao got all the love and attention for the grand finale where bobby got freddies bathroom breaks and buffet breaks LOL. bobby blamed not being conditioned and even making weight on freddies neglect, but going for the balls and getting dq'd now thats all freddies fault too lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all know Freddi Roach has cancelled all other engagements to train Oscar De La Hoya for his May 5th showdown with Floyd Mayweather.

He won't be in the corner for Peter Manfredo and he won't be in the corner for Isreal Vasquez when he takes on R Marquez either.

My big question is why?

Sure he may not have time to fully train and prepare them now he's working with Oscar but why can't he take a couple days off and fly down to be in the corner for his other guys?

Does he really need to be holding Oscar's hand 24/7 7 days a week between now and the Mayweather fight?

Come to think of it, how much time does a trainer need with any fighter no matter how important?

I mean surely they can't work Oscar for more than 6 hours a day of hard training and I really don't see as Freddy needs to be there for all of that time anyway. I mean does Oscar need to need him to run alongside him on the treadmill, he;s got Parkinsons, he ain't going be going out and running alongside him?

Why can't take a weekend off and fly to support Peter in what will probably be his last professional fight? :P
    MONEY.lots of MONEY.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money talks,all the time.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would still like to see Jack Mosley in Oscars Corner
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My big question is why?

BECUZ HE CANT BE TRAINING 2 FIGHTERS AT THE SAME TIME HOMIE.

Thread Information