Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How good is Carl Froch?

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTree
    Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTree
    Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    his attitude stincks and he is a fighter who you could easily dislike. not a bad fighter though but with his low lead hand he gets hit sometimes when he shouldnt. if he comes up against a hard hitting fighter like lacy he could get put on his a***.
    Froch was due to fight lacy as amature in England v USA bill. Lacy pulled out.
    Froch wouldnt need to hit Lacy 1200 times.
    You Muppet

Lacy pulled out because he was injured
    Shut up. Kessler is Shite. Froch will KO Kessler

Yeah Right,dream on

Frock wil end up like this if he fought Kessler

I, along with many others, think that KEssler just aint got the pedigree to beat Froch.

Carl Froch fought as a middleweight in an amateur show over in Copenhagen and came 1st. He would have no probs with fighting over there again.

I believe Carl has exactly the right blend of talent & power to beat Mikkel Kessler - let's be honest, Froch would be a nightmare for any boxer to face, he's just too weird to figure out.

I have seen around 15 fights of his - and he has so many styles i cant figure out what he's gonna do.

Sometimes he comes forward, sometimes he's cagey, sometimes he jabs, sometime he just looks for the big shot... wheras Kessler, although very very good - only seems to have a kind of stand-up style which is almost amatuerish (even though he has no pedigree as an amatuer) and thats why i think Carl could figure him out and beat him.

Carl has sparred a lot with Eric Teymour - a guy who recently sparred with Kess and dumped him on his ass - and Teymour has stated that Froch is a much bigger puncher and difficult to suss out.

Froch has said he always let's his spar's win - incase he ever faces them.

Kreshnik Qato sparred with him last year and Carl let him have it all his own way... but gave him a taste of his power and Qato soon backed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CityOfGod
    wheras Kessler, although very very good - only seems to have a kind of stand-up style which is almost amatuerish (even though he has no pedigree as an amatuer) and thats why i think Carl could figure him out and beat him.
    Yes Kessler does stick to his style, that has worked perfectly so far (against better opposition than Froch i might add).

By the way what do you actually know about Kessler's amateur record? and what would in your opinion be "amateur-pedigree".

Keep in mind that Kessler only had 44 amateur fights. He last fought as an amateur when he was 18, so that limits the amount of accomplishments possible. But do you know anything about what he actually did accomplish or are you just guessing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Wo..._Championships

Froch was outpointed in the World Amateur Boxing Championships against a guy called Goglov - Froch nearly KO'd him in the first round - but Gogolov beat the count. Froch admitted prior to the fight his elbow was seized & very sore. Gogolov won the show outright afterwards. All the pundits agreed that Froch, without the injury would have won the show.

Kostya Tyszu, Pernell Whitaker, Wilfredo Gomez - not many others in the Pro game have medalled in the World Championships.

The British boxing scene was so impressed with Froch that the BBC decided to show Froch's pro debut - they shown all his fights until something like the 11th or 12th - before offering the riduculous £1,000,000.00 to Audley Harrioson, to show his first clutch of fights - wiping out the BBC's boxing budget.

They thought that with Audley's win at the Olympics, it would generate bigger viewing figures - how wrong they were!!

The BBC should have stuck watching a genuine Pro talent, develop from an embryonic state to a potential world champion.

With regards fighting Kessler? ..... Mikkel gets all the props in the world from me and is an outstanding professional talent (amateur career aside).

It would be brutal whilst it lasts - i'm sure Carl has far more respect for Mikkel than Calzgahe....

...Kess & Froch share the same opinion on Joe it would seem from their constant press releases!

Thread Information