Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default *Humberto Soto vs. Humberto Toledo (Spoiler)*

Thoughts on the fight?
    Thought about him facing JMM, MAB, PAC, GUZMAN?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: *Humberto Soto vs. Humberto Toledo (Spoiler)*

The guy can bang, I think for his style the best guy for him to face would be Guzman....
    I think that would be a good scrap.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked great tonight. Guzman is the most likely to give him a shot. Guzman can box but Soto looks strong at that weight. It would be a great matchup.

I may be going out on a limb here but I think Soto's style would be a great foil for Pac. He showed elusiveness and strong counterpunching.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman is the best fight for him...
    I think JMM, MAB & PAC are a level above and a step up to Guzman would really show what hes got...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who won
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    who won
    Soto 3rd KO... He droped Toledo 4 times once in the 1st round and 3 times in the third....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by a harmful of swallows
    Guzman is the most likely to give him a shot.
    Nope.

Guzman was sent an offer to fight Soto on the undercard of Cotto/Urkal, Guzman refused it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soto is a good boxer. He has an excllent jab and straight right hand. He keeps his cool, and seems to be pretty confident in there. How bout a fight with Edwin Valero, I've never seen Valero fight, but I read about him on here and in The Ring magazine and he sounds like a devastating puncher. 21-0 with 21 KO's. 19 in the first round!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started to like Soto when beat the shat out of Juarez. And have obtained a few more fo his fights since and have becomes an even bigger fan. His losses were all earlier in his career when he was taking fights on short notice,having poor training camps etc. Now tho0ugh,he has a settled team,has worked on his technique and after a year if being Erik Morales sparring partner,he has hardened up.

He is THE dangerman in the division in my opinion and I think this young lion would give MAB a heck of a fight. I think JMM's style would be too much for him and although I think he could hang with Pac for a while,I think Pac's power would overcome him. I love Valero but like I have said before,if V Nom does not show the technique he has shown in training and continues to be a wild man, guys like Soto will put a hurting on him.

I have yet to see the fight but I'm about to see it now. Soto is also the number 1 contender for the WBC title I think so I'm sure he gets the winner of JMM MAB. He's been waiting AGES FOR his shot! I mean Juarez got 2 shots at MAB AFTER Soto beat Juarez so that pissed me off a little but it's great to see Humberto staying active!

I'd love to see Soto Guzman,Guzman's lack of power and at times laziness would be tested by Soto's persitent pressure, and Soto can counter punch really well too!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toledo was just in way over his head but still Soto looked good. I thought maybe Versus was overhyping his power a bit, I don't think he's the hardest puncher in the division but he's got some skills and he can punch.

Who the fuck was that Verquan Kimbrough guy? I remember hearing about him as some kind of a prospect and he was fucking horrid.

The guy Mesi knocked out in one got knocked out in one by Butterbean so its hard not to be a little skeptical.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Toledo was just in way over his head but still Soto looked good. I thought maybe Versus was overhyping his power a bit, I don't think he's the hardest puncher in the division but he's got some skills and he can punch.

Who the fuck was that Verquan Kimbrough guy? I remember hearing about him as some kind of a prospect and he was fucking horrid.

The guy Mesi knocked out in one got knocked out in one by Butterbean so its hard not to be a little skeptical.
    Yeah I laughed when that grey haired douche bag asked Soto if he thought HE was the hardest puncher in the division.
    Like he hits harder than Pac man, Valero and even Juarez. He beat Juarez and I was damn happy he did, but I remember him getting dropped in that fight, and not returing the favor if memory serves me right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juarez didn't drop Soto?"? Although I agree,it was a very very silly question although I think he has far far more weapons in his arsenal than Juarez! And he taxed Juarez ass!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Juarez didn't drop Soto?"? Although I agree,it was a very very silly question although I think he has far far more weapons in his arsenal than Juarez! And he taxed Juarez ass!
    Seemed like he did to me. Or got rocked real bad I remember him gettin hurt. Soto is a better fighter all around than Juarez, but I think Juarez hits harder. Also don't say "taxed Juarez's ass", that just sounds really, really gay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Seemed like he did to me. Or got rocked real bad I remember him gettin hurt. Soto is a better fighter all around than Juarez, but I think Juarez hits harder. Also don't say "taxed Juarez's ass", that just sounds really, really gay.
    LMAO,I thought it sounded cool,I love when Mayweather said it about Oscar! But you are the Hulk therefore,you are the man! He rocked Soto but Soto also rocked him and Juarez hits harder with his left hand,specifically the left hook,Soto hits harder with the right,has better jab etc etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    LMAO,I thought it sounded cool,I love when Mayweather said it about Oscar! But you are the Hulk therefore,you are the man! He rocked Soto but Soto also rocked him and Juarez hits harder with his left hand,specifically the left hook,Soto hits harder with the right,has better jab etc etc.
    Thank you, for recognizing his Hulkness. Have a Cool Click.

Thread Information