Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was mike tysons punching power ever measured?.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was mike tysons punching power ever measured?.

in like psi?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was mike tysons punching power ever measured?.

Not sure, but I seem to remember that Frank Bruno was supposed to have measured the highest PPSI

to the forum buddy
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only story I ever heard about a great heavyweight's punching power being measured goes something like this...

A couple of years after he retired, Marciano was making some kind of a appearance at an army base. One of the officers asked him if he wanted to know how hard he hit. Intrigued, Marciano said "sure".

They had an army boxing team on base, with some pretty serious amatuers. They had attached a pad to a ballistic dynamometer, which a fighter could hit and it would measure the PSI at impact.

A ballistic dynamometer is a machine used to see the power generated by small artillery shells, so you can see why they would have one at an army base.

All the army boxers big hits were written on a blackboard near the BD. One of the guys had apparently just broken 600 pounds, which they thought was big shit.

They taped the Rock up, slid on a glove, and after a couple of practice swings, Rocky registered 973 pounds. This was at 190 pounds, and a couple of years retired.

ICB Guest

I read somewhere a mule can kick and hit at 500 lbs psi and tyson was 300 lbs psi or something like that. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber
    The only story I ever heard about a great heavyweight's punching power being measured goes something like this...

A couple of years after he retired, Marciano was making some kind of a appearance at an army base. One of the officers asked him if he wanted to know how hard he hit. Intrigued, Marciano said "sure".

They had an army boxing team on base, with some pretty serious amatuers. They had attached a pad to a ballistic dynamometer, which a fighter could hit and it would measure the PSI at impact.

A ballistic dynamometer is a machine used to see the power generated by small artillery shells, so you can see why they would have one at an army base.

All the army boxers big hits were written on a blackboard near the BD. One of the guys had apparently just broken 600 pounds, which they thought was big shit.

They taped the Rock up, slid on a glove, and after a couple of practice swings, Rocky registered 973 pounds. This was at 190 pounds, and a couple of years retired.
    CC interesting stuff. Imagine if every pro boxer had to be measured and it was included in the pre-fight stats. I think that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I read somewhere a mule can kick and hit at 500 lbs psi and tyson was 300 lbs psi or something like that. Thanks
    I think that's off. Because Tyson can't generate even 1/2 a mule kick's power. And I happen to know that a throughbred racehorse at full stride generates approximately 7000 PSI evry time it's hoof hits the dirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that's off. Because Tyson can't generate even 1/2 a mule kick's power. And I happen to know that a throughbred racehorse at full stride generates approximately 7000 PSI evry time it's hoof hits the dirt.
    Tyson > Mule

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Tyson > Mule
    quality stuff as always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just an educated guess i estimate tysons punching power would be about 1100 psi,if marciano can generate 950 psi ,tyson out weighed the great marciano by 35 LBS and generated tremendous power from his unique boxing stance and compact frame and ivan drago averages 1850 psi,so what ever he hits,he destroyes
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MR T
    just an educated guess i estimate tysons punching power would be about 1100 psi,if marciano can generate 950 psi ,tyson out weighed the great marciano by 35 LBS and generated tremendous power from his unique boxing stance and compact frame and ivan drago averages 1850 psi,so what ever he hits,he destroyes
    If a retired Marciano could hit 973, I'm guessing a prime Tyson could hot 1200-1250. I remeber there was kickboxer a few years back, (no not CroCop), whose LHK was measured at like 2050 psi. Once you his 973 though it's all academic baby. 900 pounds, 2000 pounds. Don't matter. You're getting KTFO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Tyson > Mule
    Brilliant have a CC from me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I once read somewhere that Tyson punched 3 times harder than a normal man in the same shape weighing the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard rockys psi punch power was 1000 pounds, they probably jus rounded it up. this is some serious power im tellin ya, u hit a normal man with that sort of power it could kill. not any ordinary heavyweight boxer would get close to them numbers unless they have some serious serious power!
    i dont think the HW's of today could reach them numbers, actyually maybe a few like W.klits, tua, peters. infact im not sure these guys cud generate that sort of power, rocky was a one of when it came to power punching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you kidding me? That had this noname guy who was much smaller, and slower than Tyson go on Rippleys believe it or not to see if which form of fighting punched the hardest and with a cross this guy hit over 1000 psi. Anyways there was a sight that tested his psi power, and it said that he punched the equivalent of a 25 pound sledgehammer moving 35 MPH. Or a car moving 50 MPH.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Are you kidding me? That had this noname guy who was much smaller, and slower than Tyson go on Rippleys believe it or not to see if which form of fighting punched the hardest and with a cross this guy hit over 1000 psi. Anyways there was a sight that tested his psi power, and it said that he punched the equivalent of a 25 pound sledgehammer moving 35 MPH. Or a car moving 50 MPH.
    i dont agree with it something i found off web i dont know how psi works just found it and copy and pasted it

Thread Information