Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whats a good training routine for me

Hey i'm a 15 year old southpaw....6ft and nearly 13 stone (of muscle). I've been boxing for a year now but have not had any fights. I train at my club on tuesdays and thursdays....what training can I do on the dayS when I don't go to my club?? I would do the hardest training as i'm serious about boxing. Cheers 4 the help

Also i'm at school from 8:00 - 3:30, when shall I do the training?

Also do you think I can still be extremely good at boxing even though I started at 15

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats a good training routine for me

Quote Originally Posted by English Bulldog
    Hey i'm a 15 year old southpaw....6ft and nearly 13 stone (of muscle). I've been boxing for a year now but have not had any fights. I train at my club on tuesdays and thursdays....what training can I do on the dayS when I don't go to my club?? I would do the hardest training as i'm serious about boxing. Cheers 4 the help

Also i'm at school from 8:00 - 3:30, when shall I do the training?

Also do you think I can still be extremely good at boxing even though I started at 15

Cheers

Come on surely some of you blokes can help me out. Please, need it!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats a good training routine for me

There's a lot you can do. For starters you need to build up your stamina so you can extra ounce of wind when you're sparring or in the ring. That's where roadwork helps that is running or jogging. A good combination in running is wind sprints which is a mix of jogging, running and sprinting which will is better than jogging alone.

Also make sure you practice your shadowboxing, if you have a full length mirror that will come in handy. First practice your punches, when you have that down incorporate footwork, and defense (e.g. parries, catching, slipping, ducking) If you get to the next stage of shadowboxing you can then start builing plans and tactics for future use, at this point you already know many counters, then you'd have to learn how to set an opponent up with the use of drawing an attack, feignting, etc. I can't stress it enough that shadowboxing is the most important thing for anyone that has any business boxing should do.

Another thing you can do is train your legs coordination and fitness by skipping rope. If you need I can tell you how to make your own. The best ones though are at the store/shop bought which are the leather ropes with ball bearings in the handles, it's durable and it can go as fast as you would like it to. If you'd like I can go over some of the different exercises in detail. I'll be honest that skipping rope isn't for everyone, but for anyone that's willing to put in the time to become expert with it there're many benifits to be taken.

You can also do some calisthenic work such as press-ups, sit-ups and other exercises. It just depends on what you want to work on. I think chin-ups is a good exercise that uses your body weight as a natural source of resistance and like and body weight exercise you can do it in a variety of ways so you can be creative. Just make sure you can keep note of how much you are doing so that you can progress. I can give you some tips so can give yourself a challenge besides doing many repetitions.

I'll be glad to help if you need anything else, just let me know.

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information