[youtube=425,350]O--qqlE1oI8[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: quick clip of greg page flooring mike tyson in sparring

Notice the Tyson vs. Douglas Banner in the background. Douglas had his number even before the fight
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i read that when tyson got dropped he just looked up stunned as if he couldnt beleive it had just happened. then his trainer at the time just told him to get up.
    mike was being lazy at this point though and it wasnt a healthy team to have around him. and yeah that was training for the buster douglas fight. tysons corner and whole team at that time were shocking. didnt even have ice in his corner and just basically had about 4 different voices telling mike different things in between rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Don King had been concerned about anything more than making a buck he could have stepped in and cleaned things up. I know Mike was a grown man, but everyone around him saw the kind of trouble he was in. Everything about Mike at the time was a desperate cry for help. After Cus died he latched onto the nearest thing to him that was even remotely like a father-figure and it was a shame that he chose Don King. Mike had leeches attached to him. He needed tough love and people to bolster him. As soon as his personal life got shaky, so did everyone around him. No wonder a one-hit wonder took him out.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Notice the Tyson vs. Douglas Banner in the background. Douglas had his number even before the fight
    on that night when Douglas fought Tyson , Buster would have been a hard man to beat for anyone, he had the mind set to win and was in peak condition. Busters hand speed and timing were very good that night, along with his determination factor. I was really impressed with his hand speed and combination punching. a shame he didn’t have the mental fortitude to stay the course and ride the wave of success, not sure he would have beat a Prime Evander Holyfield his next outing anyway ? , but he would have given himself a much better chance , if he showed up with all cylinders running like he did in Tokyo .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a bad knockdown. Sad what happened to Greg Page, poor bastard is in a wheelchair now.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Not a bad knockdown. Sad what happened to Greg Page, poor B****** is in a wheelchair now.
    i dont understand about page he was one of best talents they said then he loses to journeyman like mark willis shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    i read that when tyson got dropped he just looked up stunned as if he couldnt beleive it had just happened. then his trainer at the time just told him to get up.
    mike was being lazy at this point though and it wasnt a healthy team to have around him. and yeah that was training for the buster douglas fight. tysons corner and whole team at that time were shocking. didnt even have ice in his corner and just basically had about 4 different voices telling mike different things in between rounds.
    Reminds me of Hamed before the Barerra fight. Same shit happens. And both were power punchers.

Thread Information