Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does Mike Tyson have the ability to be a trainer

Most of you will laugh at this question but imagine it. Does he have the self discipline? (Hell No) does he have the knowledge? (Maybe). Does he have the patience (Hell No). Most great fighters that relied on superior athletisim (Trinidad) instead of skill and ring generalship can not understand why other boxers can't be so explosive, would anybody dare hire Tyson to be in their corner. Just heard that Pernell Whitaker will be training Calvin Brock and Arturo Gatti. Maybe he could do things, Gatti does not have enough left but he can do alot with Brock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Mike Tyson have the ability to be a trainer

I don't know I think Mike could be a trainer (if he had the right folks around to help temper his Bi-polar episodes) or an assistant to a Freddie Roach maybe something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, I don't think Mike could ever be a good trainer, but I sure as hell would love to see it happen, simply for the guaranteed comedy that would ensue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

Most of you will laugh at this question but imagine it. Does he have the self discipline? (Hell No) does he have the knowledge? (Maybe). Does he have the patience (Hell No). Most great fighters that relied on superior athletisim (Trinidad) instead of skill and ring generalship can not understand why other boxers can't be so explosive, would anybody dare hire Tyson to be in their corner. Just heard that Pernell Whitaker will be training Calvin Brock and Arturo Gatti. Maybe he could do things, Gatti does not have enough left but he can do alot with Brock.
    if he can pass on what he learned from cus he could do something but lke one lad stated he would need some1 by his side to control him at first,lke roachy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by matteoz
    Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

if he can pass on what he learned from cus he could do something but lke one lad stated he would need some1 by his side to control him at first,lke roachy
    I wonder sometime, if he was not a good fighter where would he be in life without boxing, maybe in a mental asylum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    No, I don't think Mike could ever be a good trainer, but I sure as hell would love to see it happen, simply for the guaranteed comedy that would ensue.
    Everything he does is a big freakshow, surprised he was never cast as a villian in a movie, if Dennis Rodman could do it so could he.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whitaker was a boxing wizard. Even when he was on cocaine he didn't have the bizarre outbreaks that Tyson had. Plus Tyson is no where near as schooled as Whitaker.

But he does know a hell of a lot and I think he would make a hell of a commentator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Whitaker was a boxing wizard. Even when he was on cocaine he didn't have the bizarre outbreaks that Tyson had. Plus Tyson is no where near as schooled as Whitaker.

But he does know a hell of a lot and I think he would make a hell of a commentator.
    I think he would be one of the greatest commentator's of all time, he made a couple guest apperances in the mid 90's on showtime boxing and it was hilarious, I would love to see him at the table with RJJ and Lampley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a general rule, great fighters make horrible trainers. And it doesn't just apply to boxers, it's all sports really.
    Great fighters just can't relate to working with fighters who don't have their natural ability.
    I think Pernell Whitaker is going to be a pretty bad trainer. During his career, Whitaker never even watched tape of his opponents. He would just show up in the ring and "figure his opponent out" during the first few rounds. 99% of fighters can't do that and get away with it.
    If you look at the top trainers, generally they were journeymen fighters, guys who couldn't get by with just talent.
    Freddie Roach, George Benton (Whitaker and Holyfield's old trainer), Floyd Mayweather Sr. are examples of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything needing the use of a brain is beyond Tyson so i guess the answer is no.
    and watch this space for a liston like hotel room death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The dude can't even look after himself, how the hell is he going to look after another fighter?
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

LOL
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To answer the original post's question, no. The man can't go 5 minutes w/o getting a blowjob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's brain dead...A DISGRACE to the sport.

Thread Information