chin=bowe
    stamina=bowe
    footwork=lewis
    workrate=bowe

weakness

both men struggle with good jabs

lewis also has suspect chin

bowe lets his weight go out of control

this would be great match lewis would stay on outside but which lewis are we talking about are we on about lean slim one who was fast but easier to hit or lewis that was more cautious and worked behind his jab

and would bowe try and have jab battle with lewis or go right in and go straight for lewis if bowe tried to jab with lewis he would lose quite badly because remember his fight with tony tubbs bowe struggled badly with tubbs jab but on other hand lewis has struggled with boxers with good jabs but i still think bowe would lose in that department i think bowe would catch lewis if he brawled him and question is would lewis be able to take bowes punches ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe Vs Lewis! One of the Best Fights To Never Happen

The main thing is Bowe did'nt want to fight Lewis in the first place he could of defended against him but opted to chuck his WBC belt in the bin i think he still had memories of olympics in his head and knew deep down even though that was only amatuers Lewis had his number i would have picked Lennox ko round 5

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    The main thing is Bowe did'nt want to fight Lewis in the first place he could of defended against him but opted to chuck his WBC belt in the bin i think he still had memories of olympics in his head and knew deep down even though that was only amatuers Lewis had his number i would have picked Lennox ko round 5
    im pretty sure though that bowe was going to fight lewis after lewis beat mccall but as we know it didnt work out and lewis was koed and then bowe skills were starting to go and his weight started to go out of control so it never happened what a treat we missed out on though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    im pretty sure though that bowe was going to fight lewis after lewis beat mccall but as we know it didnt work out and lewis was koed and then bowe skills were starting to go and his weight started to go out of control so it never happened what a treat we missed out on though
    Thats true CC if they had fought and Lewis and he had won it would have made a great impact on his legacy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you've got it right here. Bowe wanted no part of Lewis, but instead of admitting it, he pulled that stupid stunt of throwing a belt in a garbage can.
    Bowe was a very talented fighter, but lewis was superior in most areas. Lewis would have beaten him. And Bowe knew it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree with that one fella - he took some major shots from Klitchko amongst others
    His 2 defeats weren't about his chin, they were about his defence and his preparation or lack thereof. I can't see anybody in history (including McCall and Chuvalho) that would not have hit the deck frm the 2 punches that dropped Lewis
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

I don't agree with that one fella - he took some major shots from Klitchko amongst others
    His 2 defeats weren't about his chin, they were about his defence and his preparation or lack thereof. I can't see anybody in history (including McCall and Chuvalho) that would not have hit the deck frm the 2 punches that dropped Lewis
    im one that normally sticks up for lewis about his chin im not saying he had weak chin mate just saying it was suspect but lewis took some hard shots from gary mason holyfield mercer and vitali lewis has decent chin but it is still suspect mate all im saying

ICB Guest

Thats true CC if they had fought and Lewis and he had won it would have made a great impact on his legacy

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If we are talking about the same Bowe that won the championship against Evander then I'd pick Bowe with a late round TKO. I've always felt that the Riddick Bowe that showed up that night was as close to a perfect HW I've ever seen. Bowe's size and skill would make it very hard for Lennox to sit back behind his jab and play it safe. I think Riddick would have been able to make Lennox mix it up and I think he would prevail. Unfortunately Riddick ability and focus seemed to drop with every fight after beating Evander. What a waste of talent.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    If we are talking about the same Bowe that won the championship against Evander then I'd pick Bowe with a late round TKO. I've always felt that the Riddick Bowe that showed up that night was as close to a perfect HW I've ever seen. Bowe's size and skill would make it very hard for Lennox to sit back behind his jab and play it safe. I think Riddick would have been able to make Lennox mix it up and I think he would prevail. Unfortunately Riddick ability and focus seemed to drop with every fight after beating Evander. What a waste of talent.
    I disagree there. If he was ever near perfect he would of exhibited an ounce of footwork.
    In the 1st fight against Holyfield he looked good only in letting his punches go and taking shots from the smaller, slightly under-addapted Holyfield.

Bowe was a very literal person movemnet wise. He could fight on the inside exceptionally well (although that was only granted against smaller men). I believe a taller fighter... Or even a tall fighter who actually fights tall would give Bowe Hell.

IMO Lewis Hard long jabs and rights would of had hit home all night. Plus that looping right that he had back then would of been a real jack in the box!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

well put jim and tony tubbs was 6 foot 3 and past his best but yet read this and this was when bowe was in his prime

Controversial Decision. Riddick Bowe had alot of difficulty landing any punches in this fight while Tubbs outboxed him for most of the fight. The commentators lambasted the decision and the crowd booed when the scorecards were annnounced.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was that a fight report?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest