Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Supplements etc...

I am just getting to the stage now where I am going to get registered to fight, my fitness levels are okay from training at the gym and playing football (soccer ha) a couple of nights a week, yet I realise need now to really step it up to be in shape for my debut fight on May 9th..

The problem I have is that as I work full time and go straight from work to the gym, I find I am suffering a bit of burn out and feeling run down and more susceptible to illness.. therefore I was wondering if taking multi vitamins and any other drink/pills/food will help me out at all.

Also, when I get to the gym, is there a decently priced product (creatine/maximuscle etc) that will help my actual performance in terms of training and weightlifting and sparring? obviously there is a wide range of products out there, but are any of them any good or all a waste of my money??

Answers on a post card please..

Nice 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Supplements etc...

well first make sure u are getting anough calories to burn and drink anough water maybe a galon per day other than that i am taking N.O.EXPLODE this increases bloodflow to muscles and nitric oxide production this can help with muscle endurence and energy. It also contains creatine ethyl ester which is supposed to be stronger than normal creatine monohydrate. This sounds like what your looking for after a long day of work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your fighting i wouldnt take any creatine, as u gain alot of useless weight in water retention, so you wont be fighting at your prefered natural weight, a multi vitaimin wont hurt you, but is you can eat a well balanced diet you should get everything you need from food, like tkd boy sed plenty of water is essential.
    ccs to you both and welcome aboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe i will stop using creatine before fighting so there is no water retention thanks for the info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your not competing then theres no problem, but i took it a while back and have friends that have taken it and some put on 4-5 pounds in useless water weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you drop one night of soccer on days you're feeling particularly drained? Or maybe just play half a game? As your training intensity increases at boxing you don't want to be so drained it effects your performance. How are your sleeping patterns? Of course you'll want to taper leading up to fight night but I've found when I have a longish build up to a figth or several fights in close succession there's no substitute for rest. Although I'm not a nutrition guru so I'll still leave that for discussion with those who are :-)
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask yourself a few questions before you go after pills.

-How much water drinking, and how often do you drink?
    -What do you eat, and how much?
    -Do you follow your workout/game with a snack or small meal?
    -Are you breathing properly?

I find that with my good sleeping habits, eating enough food that contains complex carbs, along with natural energy like fruit, that I'm all set for what's coming up in the day.

As for working out or fighting, I don't think you should come in dehydrated, I don't mean you have to down a bottle of water while you're working out but you need enough or you'll get tired quick.

There's a few suppliments that help but not dramatically. I take multivitamins, Ginseng (mixed) and Maka Root (herb) as you take this and your body is getting in shape you won't be so worried getting burned as long as your exercise is not too demanding.

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information