Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEAVYWEIGHT CARD

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEAVYWEIGHT CARD

This card is a great card, I haven't seen a line up like this ever it should be a great night.

1ST UNDERCARD BOUT
    Domonick Guinn 22(17)-0-0 vs Duncan Dokiwardi 22(19)-1-0

For this fight I am going to have to go with my Southern compadre Domonick Guinn. He took out the big Michael Grant fairly easy and should not have a problem beating this guy I've never heard of.

Lyle's pick: Guinn KO 2-4

2ND UNDERCARD BOUT
    Juan Carlos Gomez 36(31)-0-0 vs Sinan Samilsan 18(11)-0-0

This might as well be the main event, these two guys are undefeated and both have fought semi decent opponents. I like Gomez's experience and power to win the fight.

Lyle's pick: Gomez KO 6-8

MAIN EVENT
    "Baby" Joe Mesi 26(24)-0-0 vs Davarryl "Touch of Sleep" Williamson 18(16)-1-0 [lost to Willie Chapman 9-8-1 in 2000 by TKO in the 4th round]

For this fight I was going pick Mesi to be upset by the "Touch of Sleep" who at 35 years old knows it's time to sh!t or get off the can. I also feel the tomato cans (as Brockton calls them) Mesi has been beating up on will not prepare him for a hungry fighter like Williamson should be. However I think Mesi lives to be defeated another day and will bash in another tomato can.

Lyle's pick: Mesi KO 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re:THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEAVYWEIGHT CARD

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    This card is a great card, I haven't seen a line up like this ever it should be a great night.

MAIN EVENT
    "Baby" Joe Mesi 26(24)-0-0 vs Davarryl "Touch of Sleep" Williamson 18(16)-1-0 [lost to Willie Chapman 9-8-1 in 2000 by TKO in the 4th round]

For this fight I was going pick Mesi to be upset by the "Touch of Sleep" who at 35 years old knows it's time to sh!t or get off the can. I also feel the tomato cans (as Brockton calls them) Mesi has been beating up on will not prepare him for a hungry fighter like Williamson should be. However I think Mesi lives to be defeated another day and will bash in another tomato can.

Lyle's pick: Mesi KO 5
    I agree Lyle!
    Well, Hot-Darn!
    Baby can probably get by Davarryl, but his time being undefeated is winding down.
    He just isn't top ten heavyweight material.

I was excited about Tommy's career & his steps up.
    Mesi just doesn't have it in my eyes.
    Like a ram getting ready to jam the lamb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Curse you Lyle! I knew I was going to get an argument out to this one, but I agree with all of your predictions.

Man this sucks!
    It's best to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it going to be on TV?
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This for me is the most anticpated Heavyweight card of the year, even more than Lewis - Klitschko! Its about time some life was beathed into the heavyweight division, and these are the guys who are going to do it!

1ST UNDERCARD BOUT
    Domonick Guinn 22(17)-0-0 vs Duncan Dokiwardi 22(19)-1-0

I don't know about Guinn yet. The Grant win was a good name on his record, but Grant has been a shellshocked fighter ever since Lewis beat him, it proved little or nothing to me about Guinn. Dokiwara seems to be a powerful come forward fighter, and I expect him to give Guinn a hard fight all the way.

Hellbound's pick: Guinn UD12

2ND UNDERCARD BOUT
    Juan Carlos Gomez 36(31)-0-0 vs Sinan Samilsan 18(11)-0-0

This is going to be an awesome fight! They have bad blood that goes way back, and I expect this to be an action packed brawl! That might suit Samil Sam, but to tell you truth I think that Gomez is a totally different league to him. Gomez was the best cruiserweight champion since Evander Holyfield, and he's fought the very best. AS long as he's adapted with the weight gain, he should have no trouble beating Sam.

I dont rate Sinan Samil Sam yet. Of course, he's not bad by any means, but his biggest wins are a terrified Danny Williams and Julius Francis. The Danny Willams win means nothing to me, coz Willams was 15lbs overweight and shitting his pants. If Danny had his head together he'd have knocked Sam out of the ring.

The winner of this fight is my pick to be the next Heavyweight Champion once Lewis retires.

Hellbound's pick: Gomez KO 6-8

MAIN EVENT

this is a close fight. Mesi has the advantages in terms of youth and chin, but Williamson has superior power and a greater amatuer pedigree. Mesi has also not fought against many live opponents, and might find himself out of his depth against a guy like Williamson, who can really hurt him.

Still, even though, Mesi is a solid figher with good power, I see this being a close to-and-fro fight that will see Mesi win a close hometown decision.

Hellbound's pick: Mesi UD12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go Guinn in 8

Gomez by UD.....Im waiting for someone to expose this Turk sonce Danny Williams seemed to have no idea

and Touch Of SLeep in about 10........hopefully this wont go to a contraversial hometown UD, I think Mesi really needs to step his game up.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    is it going to be on TV?
    HBO on September 27

Yeah and I agree with all of you Mesi won't be undefeated for long, Sugar Ray Leonard is just protecting his investment and doing a bang up job but as soon as Mesi steps in with a fighter who's anywhere near top 10 he'll be nothing more than a greasy spot on the canvas when it ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes not even with Leonard anymore bro......they fell out about money remember, but yeah hes going to get found out soon and Touch Of Sleep just might be the one to do it.

We'll see, personally give him a bit more time I think Guinn might have a future in the division....the boys got quick hands and a bit of a dig on him!!

El Kabong Guest

Oh Yeah...oops thanks for correcting me bigghog.

As far as Guinn goes I think he'll do well but the Superheavies would crush the guy IMHO.....superheavies other than Grant obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point bro but Im not completely sold on this "superheavies" thing....theres only like 4 really ranked supers Lennox Dr Roboto and Dr Android and McCline
    Now the rest of the division is between 5ft 10 (Tua & Jones) to 6ft 3ish which is Guinns size anyway.....I also think that staying quick and agile with good power (like Guinn) is an assest when fighting someone 4 or so inches taller.
    He might lose to someone like a switched on Lennox but I dont think he would get crushed especially since by the time hes at that level he would have (hopefully) gone through some decent opposition and maybe some ex champs as well.
    We'll see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tend to think that most fighters over 6ft5 find their height as much a problem as they do an advatnage. It must be harder to try and co-ordinate al that extra body mass. A lot of real big guys just look awkward, even the Klitschko brothers. The only guys I can think of who are the exception to this rule are Lewis, McCline and Audley Harrison. thats only 3.

Like you said, even the best Super-heavies can be beaten by smaller guys who know how to box. Its not necesserily that great of an adavantage if you ask me.

Anyone see this at Secondsout.com today?

"Legendary Dundee impressed with Gomez

Angelo Dundee, the legendary trainer of Muhammad Ali, said he was immediately impressed with new charge Juan Carlos Gomez when he took over tutoring duties for the undefeated heavyweight.

Gomez, 36-0 (31), is a former undefeated WBC cruiserweight champion; faces reigning European Champion Sinan Samil Sam in his biggest and most important fight yet at heavyweight at Buffalo’s HSBC Arena on September 27. Dundee and the former amateur star have been preparing at the South Florida Boxing Gym in Weston, Florida.

“He’s got a fighter’s attitude,” Dundee said of Gomez. “He’s an intelligent kid; the people are going to love him because he’s always got a smile on his puss. He’s an admirer of my kid Muhammad, so there’s a natural camaraderie between us.”

Dundee added the only reason the Cuban defector is not better known in the US is because he has fought almost exclusively in Germany since turning pro. Dundee said: “He’ll beat and awful lot of heavyweights; he’s very smooth, there’s no awkwardness about the guy. He’s ready for anyone.”

Gomez and Turk Samil Sam, 18-0 (11), have a history. Until recently Gomez was promoted by German Klaus-Peter Kohl and trained at Universum’s Hamburg facility alongside Samil Sam. The pair never got along and the ill-feeling intensified when an ex-girlfriend of Gomez’s hooked up with Samil Sam’s best friend.

It should make for quite a fight.

Also on the Night of the Young Heavyweights show Joe Mesi, 26-0 (24), faces against DaVarryl Williamson, 18-1 (16) and Dominic Guinn, 22-0 (17), takes on Duncan Dokiwari, 22-1 (19)."

Damn I'm looking forward to seeing Gomez. He's the dangerman in this divsion and it looks like he's ready to prove himself big style!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah mate thats wicked I saw that....lets be honest you cant really get a better recommendation that Angelo Dundee.....I think he'll do Sam (hopefully)

I also liked the James Toney article......I love that fella he just talks so much sh!t and he really will fight ANYONE....thats a champion right there.

Prime example of Superheavy awkwardness is.....I defy ANY heavyweight to outbox Roy Jones or even Toney

El Kabong Guest

Doesn't Angelo train a decent heavyweight Attila Levin

I also thought Sam Peter was going to be fighting Gomez before they switched it up to Samil San Sammmmy Sam-a-lama ding dong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

woohoo, the BBC are showing this one!

El Kabong Guest

Good deal, even the ugly girl type thing that you have for your pic thingy seems happy about the fight being on tv.....uuuuhhhhh i feel sick

Thread Information