Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: joe fraizer vs larry holmes plus prime larry holmes vs mike tyson

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default joe fraizer vs larry holmes plus prime larry holmes vs mike tyson

yes i know tyson is in another one of my threads but people love to talk about tyson match ups so lets have it folks who wins holmes vs fraizer and holmes vs tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: joe fraizer vs larry holmes plus prime larry holmes vs mike tyson

holmes outpoints frazier and tyson outpoints holmes IMO
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes wins both I think. Both tyson and frazier take a lot of punches b4 they get inside to inflict damage. Holmes with his super jab would keep them off balance most of the night. How good would it be ta see though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by orion2076
    Holmes wins both I think. Both tyson and frazier take a lot of punches b4 they get inside to inflict damage. Holmes with his super jab would keep them off balance most of the night. How good would it be ta see though...
    what are u talking about, prime tyson hardly ever got caught.....frazier was the one who took one to give one
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MR T
    what are u talking about, prime tyson hardly ever got caught.....frazier was the one who took one to give one
    prime tyson sure got caught with holmes jab like when he danced in 4th round he caught tyson with 5 jabs and that was old shot one imagine young holmes being able to dance for full 12 ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    prime tyson sure got caught with holmes jab like when he danced in 4th round he caught tyson with 5 jabs and that was old shot one imagine young holmes being able to dance for full 12 ??
    yes if holmes could dance for 12 rounds which in his prime he could do then he would definatly land some shots on tyson but nothing big enough to rock tyson......i think tysons pressure and constant aggression would favour the judges.............holmes would have his hands full with both but i think he could edge out a points victory over frazier

ICB Guest

yes if holmes could dance for 12 rounds which in his prime he could do then he would definatly land some shots on tyson but nothing big enough to rock tyson......i think tysons pressure and constant aggression would favour the judges.............holmes would have his hands full with both but i think he could edge out a points victory over frazier
    i doubt he would rock tyson i think he would just dance all night winning snoozefest of 12 round decision and i think tyson would drop holmes in 6th round but holmes would survive and win boring decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would have loved to see holmes vs foreman...........WOW ........i think holmes would have Knocked foremans a$$ out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes UD's Frazier
    Tyson stops Holmes.....
    *gets ready for ICB to argue* lool

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Holmes UD's Frazier
    Tyson stops Holmes.....
    nah its cool mate i dont argue just love good debate i disagree but dont matter how quick do you think tyson stops prime holmes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes UD's Frazier
    Tyson stops Holmes.....
    nah its cool mate i dont argue just love good debate i disagree but dont matter how quick do you think tyson stops prime holmes
    Yeah i know fella i was only joking! But very late tbh mate....Holmes is a tough nut for anyone, great chin in his prime aswell but i just see around the 10/11th mike landing bombs galore and the ref stepping in.

ICB Guest

Holmes UD's Frazier
    Tyson stops Holmes.....
    Yeah i know fella i was only joking! But very late tbh mate....Holmes is a tough nut for anyone, great chin in his prime aswell but i just see around the 10/11th mike landing bombs galore and the ref stepping in.
    not bad way of seeing it im not completely sure holmes would win but i see him winning 12 round decision but he tastes canvas in middle rounds

holmes is my favourite fighter in hw division gotta go with my favourite

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a lot of people purposely underestimate Tyson in fear of being labeled as one of the "uneducated, casual" boxing fans who hug Tyson's nuts. Just my opinion and not really directed at anyone in this thread...

That being said though, I think prime Holmes wins both. I have a really high opinion of Holmes, so much so that I would pick prime Holmes against prime anyone. While Frazier and Tyson would obviously have big puncher's chances, I'd still pick Holmes to outpoint both of them. Holmes was a tough guy, for him to take that Earnie Shavers bomb and not only get up but continue to win the fight was just incredible. I love Frazier and I love Tyson, but my money would go on Holmes all the way.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Holmes wins on points against Frazier but i think Tyson still ko's him he were'nt that far gone in there fight in 88 and lets not forget what holmes did after Tyson fight going distance with heavyweight champs Holyfield and Mcall and the mcall one was a juster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I think Holmes wins on points against Frazier but i think Tyson still ko's him he were'nt that far gone in there fight in 88 and lets not forget what holmes did after Tyson fight going distance with heavyweight champs Holyfield and Mcall and the mcall one was a juster
    suppose you think tyson would ko everyone? he couldnt even ko tucker and bonecrusher what makes you think he could ko a young dancing larry holmes
    .......i think tyson wins decision, but he would only get ko if holmes stoped moving and decided to fight tyson

Thread Information