Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mystery Roadkill

Alright guys... Last nite I was driving home from the bar after finishing some drinks with a couple of my lovely female friends... well as i was going down the backroads(I wasnt drunk or speeding) something ran out at the last minute in front of my tire.....

Its a dark road and i have not the slightest idea what the hell it was...... I know it was medium to small on a size scale, It wasnt a cat, dog, racoon, possum, skunk, or squirell that muck I know....

I am not entirely sure but if I had one guess I would say a rabbit... but a rabbit isint common roadkill were I live...

No matter how tough and callous I am and lacking of compassion at times, I do have a huge spot in me ol heart for animals.. I love um!!!! So I feel like a real asshole this morning for picking off a fuzzy little bunny....

I ran over a squirell by accident a few years back and stopped the car went back and moved it to the side of the road so its body would get disecrated and smeared all over the road..

I think I have more compassion for God's creatures than I do for my fellow man... The worst part is I couldn't imagine accidentanty running over someones dog or cat I think I would fall into a month long downward spiral of depression....

Yes people JT has some real issues but the hell with it, I'm sure there has been dumber and weirder topics started, just venting I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mystery Roadkill

It's alright man, at least it had a quick death! My heart always drops a little when I'm driving and see a deer or something laying on the side of the road.

I remember a few years back I was driving and the car in front of me hit a dog. The dog got up and crawled about 10 yards off and the guy who hit it pulled over. I was at a light then and I watched him hunch over the dog and just start crying.

I actually found my dog on a highway a few years ago. Stupid little crap almost got hit by an 18 wheeler! I'm an animal lover too, so I pulled over and picked her up (she was a stray) and by the time I got home and dropped $150 (vets rip the FUCK off out of people!) at the vet for shots and getting her dewormed and all that I figured I'd might as well keep her. Never regretted that decision.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry mate if it was a rabbit look on the bright side, at least a fox didn't get him

Seriously rabbit's are cute and all but they breed like...well rabbits, only have short lives anyhow and all of that is spent eating, sleeping and shagging.

Shallow creatures really, if they were humans they would be the benefit scrounger pikey family living off the state with 25 illegitimate kids.

I wouldn't feel too guilty, no one will miss him, except maybe mrs rabbit but with a bit of luck you might get her next time

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    It's alright man, at least it had a quick death! My heart always drops a little when I'm driving and see a deer or something laying on the side of the road.

I remember a few years back I was driving and the car in front of me hit a dog. The dog got up and crawled about 10 yards off and the guy who hit it pulled over. I was at a light then and I watched him hunch over the dog and just start crying.

I actually found my dog on a highway a few years ago. Stupid little crap almost got hit by an 18 wheeler! I'm an animal lover too, so I pulled over and picked her up (she was a stray) and by the time I got home and dropped $150 (vets rip the F*** off out of people!) at the vet for shots and getting her dewormed and all that I figured I'd might as well keep her. Never regretted that decision.
    Thats a really nice story mate, I was only joking about the rabbits really, it's nice that you did that for a dog, you should tell Steven Spielberg he would probably make it into a film with you being played by Leanardo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hit a dog once that ran out from underneath a parked car, I yelled Oh! SHIT! and let go of the steering wheel cause the thought of the dog being hit creeped me out.... I looked on my rear view mirror and I saw the dog limping away....

On another note really thinking about it I ALWAYS almost everyday see a cat ran over near the streets tha I live.....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    I hit a dog once that ran out from underneath a parked car, I yelled Oh! S***! and let go of the steering wheel cause the thought of the dog being hit creeped me out.... I looked on my rear view mirror and I saw the dog limping away....

On another note really thinking about it I ALWAYS almost everyday see a cat ran over near the streets tha I live.....
    That just probably means your neigbourhood is overrun with cats. Don't feel bad, just think how many of the fuckers there would be if they wern't dying every day on the roads

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I have hit many critters. 4 deer, several dogs (including a giant fucking sheep dog, bassett hound, and a beagle, 1 coyote, and others really numerous (groundhogs, cats, rabbits, squirrels).

I mow hay for a living and I mow up around a dozen baby rabbits a day. It sucks but that is life.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was driving home from work last summer and a BMW M5 had hit a horse on the motorway. It was so sad to look at as there were bits and pieces spread over two lanes. Total write off
    The horse died too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man consider yourself lucky you didn't get killed. Fuck the horse. Better him than you.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    I was driving home from work last summer and a BMW M5 had hit a horse on the motorway. It was so sad to look at as there were bits and pieces spread over two lanes. Total write off
    The horse died too.
    haha reminds of a joke I head years ago at school.

A coach carrying 30 paraplegic's from a special disability school overturned on a dual carriageway......

It took fire services 4 hours to cut the coach out of the wreckage :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Don't worry mate if it was a rabbit look on the bright side, at least a fox didn't get him

Seriously rabbit's are cute and all but they breed like...well rabbits, only have short lives anyhow and all of that is spent eating, sleeping and shagging.

Shallow creatures really, if they were humans they would be the benefit scrounger pikey family living off the state with 25 illegitimate kids.

I wouldn't feel too guilty, no one will miss him, except maybe mrs rabbit but with a bit of luck you might get her next time
    Hahaha!!! I'm suprised X didnt beat you to the twisted post on this thread

Thread Information