Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Training routine

I'd like your opinions and suggestions for my training routine and I'm aiming for 2012 Olympics.I'm 16 years now turning 17 in May and my trainer is a former Olympian(Barcelona 1992,but he lost in the first round).I go to the gym 6 days a week(2hours sessions), actually I'd like to train longer but my coach doesn't let me train any longer.Those session are mainly focused on technique 10 rounds of pads per session and and most times 20 rounds of sparring per week(sometimes less, sometimes more) but always against senior guys and either they're heavier than me or either I have to spar a very fast welterweight(I'm a middleweight)or very experienced guys.
    Of course also the regular work:speedball,speedbag,heavy bag,jump rope,floor work.

I weigh 75 kg(at the weigh-in, walk around at 78kg) and I'm 187 cm.My record is 4-1 and 3 ko's been training since I was 14 but have so few fights due to hand problems that are now solved.

My trainer also warns me for overtraining but how can I avoid this?(Is resting the only solution?)
    Any remarks ,suggestions would be appreciated.Also valuable techniques would be appreciated

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Training routine

For your age probably doing a little to much, listen to your coach is the only advice I can give. Nobody on here knows you so cant make a judgement on what you should be doing 2012 is being optamistic, but I wish you the best of luck
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a 5-year goal is unrealistic, IMO. You can't know what you want in 5 years. So train for the now. Train with the idea of getting better in mind. As the years creep by, you'll know where your skills stand and where your interests lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the advice guys. Maybe your right Von,I should focus more on the now and the upcoming fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW:I have to take a rest now I got injured yesterday I've got an inflammation(not sure of the translation) on my triceps

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're going to be training 5-6 times a week don't keep doing the same thing... mix it up or you will progress very slowly or not at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    If you're going to be training 5-6 times a week don't keep doing the same thing... mix it up or you will progress very slowly or not at all.
    How do you mean? Change every few weeks which day I do e.g.:Interval training or sparring?

Thread Information