Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taylor vs Mora is off. Spinks instead!??!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor vs Mora is off. Spinks instead!??!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by zupg
    I love that a lot of people think JT would blow through Pavlik!!! That is such a joke. Then tell JT to just sign on the dotted line!!!!! And we could see what would happen... Pavlik wins by KO..
    What is this prediction based on? What does Pavlik do better than Taylor?
    It based on ring performances. JT has not fought that well against anyone. And Kelly actually fights against any opponent!! He has more power and heart. Like I said, just have JT sign on the dotted line. Miranda would also beat Taylor.
    But what does Pavlik do better than Taylor? Does he jab better? Does he have faster hands? Is he stronger? Does he have better defense? Is he more experienced?
    Because I think the answer is No to all of those questions. I don't see one advantage that Pavlik would have against Taylor. Do you think Pavlik would have gone 2-0-1 against Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright?
    Pavlik would go 3-0 with 3 kos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if nothing else give spinks some credit, he really will fight anyone and is really looking for the biggest fight

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bgordon
    if nothing else give spinks some credit, he really will fight anyone and is really looking for the biggest fight
    Except he doesn't "fight" anyone. He runs, throws pitter patt garbage, runs some more, then prays for a gift decision which he ALWAYS gets, then cries like a whiny little bitch afterwards. He gets no credit from me.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that a lot of people think JT would blow through Pavlik!!! That is such a joke. Then tell JT to just sign on the dotted line!!!!! And we could see what would happen... Pavlik wins by KO..
    It based on ring performances. JT has not fought that well against anyone. And Kelly actually fights against any opponent!! He has more power and heart. Like I said, just have JT sign on the dotted line. Miranda would also beat Taylor.
    But what does Pavlik do better than Taylor? Does he jab better? Does he have faster hands? Is he stronger? Does he have better defense? Is he more experienced?
    Because I think the answer is No to all of those questions. I don't see one advantage that Pavlik would have against Taylor. Do you think Pavlik would have gone 2-0-1 against Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright?
    So you're saying that Pavlik could KO Hopkins, something that none of Hopkins opponents have ever accomplished, including Roy Jones, Felix Trinidad, and Antonio Tarver, among others.

SigmaMu Guest

So you're saying that Pavlik could KO Hopkins, something that none of Hopkins opponents have ever accomplished, including Roy Jones, Felix Trinidad, and Antonio Tarver, among others.
    Pavlik has faced nobody and based on this you are saying he would knock out Tylor, Winky and B-Hop?

Funniest post reply of the day zupg.

Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW!!!!! That is absolutely one of the best ignorant nut hugging posts we have had here. You are looking at your fighter with complete blinders on. It is one thing to root for you guy but something else to say that he would KO Winky and B-Hop. That statement shows some ignorance on your part zupg. The only chance Pavlik would have against Winky and B-hop is a lucky punch and that is it. Your guy has power and decent skills, but that would not help against the likes of Winky and B-hop. Please unattach your hands from Pavliks nuts and look at you guy objectively.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Whilst I agree with you Sweetpea that Taylor should be commended with fighting some tough opposition,there is no need for him to fight a much much smaller Spinks when there are legitimate competitors in his own weight class and after having already fought the smaller Winky and Ouma,it's time for him to step it up against a legit 160 pounder such as Miranda,Pavlik etc or move up and seek a challenge but don't fight someone so much smaller!!

And Maj,as for Spinks not having anyone else to fight,I'll put $$$ on Travis Simms beating him,he could rematch Karmazin,theres Rivera who is a decent draw,there;s Vernon Forrest,Kassim Ouma could move down and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you or anyone else can say he is conclusively the best fighter at 154.
    If he doesn't get old overnight I say Travis Simms storms the junior middleweight division. The guy's legit. Corey Spinks is just keeping the title warm for a real fighter to take it off him.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, Pavlik would go 0-3, with a combination of getting KTFO'd, and embarassing decisions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought I was done criticizing Taylor after he took the Winky fight right after fighting Hopkins twice but this is a bit too much. Its hard to just say he's a ducker who doesn't fight anybody, that's not true, he fought Hopkins twice and Winky, but he does seem to have a bit of an obsession with unifying the middleweight and jr. middleweight titles. And were talking about a very big middle that's doing this.

I would like to see him in with a guy that would put pressure on him that can punch. Miranda maybe. The only guy he's ever fought that could punch was Hopkins but Bernard was throwing twenty punches a round. Right now it seems like Dibella's avoiding punchers, and he's doing it in a bit of an excessive way, I mean Ouma and Spinks, can't he at least fight a guy with below average power, not just guys with absolutely no power. Its not like Spinks is replacing a puncher, the fact that Mora had a whole 4 KO's in his 19 wins must have played a part in him getting the fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh deary me!

I guess March 20th was the day they dropped a huge dose of LSD on you village
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Except he doesn't "fight" anyone. He runs, throws pitter patt garbage, runs some more, then prays for a gift decision which he ALWAYS gets, then cries like a whiny little bitch afterwards. He gets no credit from me.
    whatever man. I think you're still sour grapes over him beating Mayorga. L.I.G. it man, Let it go.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik and Miranda are both rated a lot higher than the should be. That's either because the middleweight division is in a molt phase are someone's a little eager to see the two of them as the second and third coming.
    Oops

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    whatever man. I think you're still sour grapes over him beating Mayorga. L.I.G. it man, Let it go.
    No. He never beat Mayorga or Judah or Karmazin. Its BS that a coward like him gets such gift decisions over such proud champions who earned their belts. He is a stain on the sport of boxing. And its a joke for him to be fighting the MW champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, I seem to recall Mayorga admitting he was beaten. Spinks negated Mayorga's power that night. It was like Ricardo was shadowboxing because he couldn't connect with anything.
    Oops

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Wow, I seem to recall Mayorga admitting he was beaten. Spinks negated Mayorga's power that night. It was like Ricardo was shadowboxing because he couldn't connect with anything.
    Mayorga admitted nothing of the sort. He was a sports man after the screwjob like he always is but said that his fans knew he won the fight and that the referee totally fuked him. Thats what he said. He never admitted he was beaten, thats BS right there and you know it. Yeah, just like B-hop admitted Taylor beat him too, huh?

Thread Information