Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bell-Mormeck Rematch Creates Big Buzz in France

This is going to be a dark horse for fight of the year,their first fight was awesome!!

http://www.tigerboxing.com/articles/...aid=1001245972

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bell-Mormeck Rematch Creates Big Buzz in France

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    This is going to be a dark horse for fight of the year,their first fight was awesome!!

I think Mormeck will come in better shape than last time. Should be a cracker til the final bell.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he has to be in better shape. Posted this in another thread but then it died so what the hell I'll post it again. Here's what I think Mormeck has to improve upon from the first fight to win.

Mormeck did a few things wrong imo.

The big thing was that he waited until he got to the inside before he threw. But on the inside he usually fired to long with the left hand. Almost everytime he had success with his lead punch was when there was distance between the two. Whether it was Bell backing up or Mormeck coming forward, he found sucess from the outside moving forward and it usually came in the form of the left hook. But what Mormeck fell into doing was waiting to long to throw the left and then he would be on the inside where his only real work was to the body or to the body. He did good with the uppercuts too but again, that was usually set up by the left hook. So I really think that he needs to fire off from the outside especially with the left hook instead of moving in with his hands on his ears.

He also kept his head down on the inside when he didn't really need to and it looked like it affected his accuracy and shot selection. When he went to the body he was good with the head down but when he was looking forward he did a good job with the straight right hand which was underutilized in the first bout and will be a key in the second. Head up on the inside for Mormeck, also has to create a bit of space for the right hand.

Last thing, again pertaining to fighting on the inside but he has got to be more active. Even if it's just shoeshining or body work, Bell goes into a shell when he is being pressured with punches and that actually creates more openings in his defense. He's very venerable when he's being pressured but for whatever reason Mormeck did not take advantage of tthat. It also prevents Bell from leaning on Mormeck where you can see as early as round 3, really wore him out.

Basically, I believe that if Mormeck fights from the outside in rather then inside out and then stays busy on the inside with ample spacing for his punches then he takes the fight before it goes to the cards. Not the easiest thing in the world to do but the fight is there for Mormeck he just has to take it.

A busier Mormeck who doesn't let Bell lean on him and dig into him with that shoulder wins the fight imo. One thing though, in the third round of the first fight, Mormeck got hit square in the chest with a lunging shoulder from Bell. That could have contributed to the stamina problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Yeah he has to be in better shape. Posted this in another thread but then it died so what the hell I'll post it again. Here's what I think Mormeck has to improve upon from the first fight to win.

Mormeck did a few things wrong imo.

The big thing was that he waited until he got to the inside before he threw. But on the inside he usually fired to long with the left hand. Almost everytime he had success with his lead punch was when there was distance between the two. Whether it was Bell backing up or Mormeck coming forward, he found sucess from the outside moving forward and it usually came in the form of the left hook. But what Mormeck fell into doing was waiting to long to throw the left and then he would be on the inside where his only real work was to the body or to the body. He did good with the uppercuts too but again, that was usually set up by the left hook. So I really think that he needs to fire off from the outside especially with the left hook instead of moving in with his hands on his ears.

He also kept his head down on the inside when he didn't really need to and it looked like it affected his accuracy and shot selection. When he went to the body he was good with the head down but when he was looking forward he did a good job with the straight right hand which was underutilized in the first bout and will be a key in the second. Head up on the inside for Mormeck, also has to create a bit of space for the right hand.

Last thing, again pertaining to fighting on the inside but he has got to be more active. Even if it's just shoeshining or body work, Bell goes into a shell when he is being pressured with punches and that actually creates more openings in his defense. He's very venerable when he's being pressured but for whatever reason Mormeck did not take advantage of tthat. It also prevents Bell from leaning on Mormeck where you can see as early as round 3, really wore him out.

Basically, I believe that if Mormeck fights from the outside in rather then inside out and then stays busy on the inside with ample spacing for his punches then he takes the fight before it goes to the cards. Not the easiest thing in the world to do but the fight is there for Mormeck he just has to take it.

A busier Mormeck who doesn't let Bell lean on him and dig into him with that shoulder wins the fight imo. One thing though, in the third round of the first fight, Mormeck got hit square in the chest with a lunging shoulder from Bell. That could have contributed to the stamina problems.
    And that is what I call superb analysis!! CC.

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

I think Mormeck will come in better shape than last time. Should be a cracker til the final bell.
    Dam right bro,the first fight was awesome,I don't see why this should be any different! Surprised this has not created more buzz here. It's going to be a cracker people!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Mormeck was black

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

I thought Mormeck was black

lol
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah haaah, after much thought I vaguely remember that a cracker is a term for a person of the caucasian persuasion...am I right? I think this one would be good to see for us in the UK, see who 'The Piemaker' David Pie.....sorry Haye, in his final cruiserweight clash before he goes back to heavyweight and succumbs to his pie addiction. (You can tell by his abs ) I hope Bell wins, cause that's who Id prefer to see Haye fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what time does the fight start cus im sure saw like that it was 4pm french time which is a around 3pm uk time this cant be right surely

Thread Information