Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which current active fighter has a more sound legacy than PBF?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which current active fighter has a more sound legacy than PBF?

I believe if Floyd retires after delahoya fight win lose or draw his legacy will not be that profound to be considered in the top ten greatest of all time, he definetly has potential to be on that list but would have to fight for a little longer and more quality opponents.

I think fighters like bernard hopkins, roy jones, Barrera, and oscar(if he wins the PBF fight) have a more sound legacy than floyd
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which current active fighter has a more sound legacy than PBF?

OLDH
    Wright
    B-Hop
    Barrerra
    Holyfield

Sadly, that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This man dominated a decade (90's) he will have a greater legacy. Oscar has to many questionable decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to go with ODLH and maybe Roy Jones...PBF hasnt loss and he is dominating,so I dont see anyone topping him anytime soon.I also dont understand people saying that he has to fight Cotto,Hatton,Mosley,Margo,etc...b4 he retires to solidify his status.Lets be real...none of them can beat PBF.I say fight DLH then Hatton then hang em up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney, Pac and Mosley up there with him if not better. Floyds an excellent fighter but great fights make great fighters an Floyd should take note(and Calzaghe) all this bullshit about retiring after Oscar how can he godown as a ten GOAT he shouldn't be top 20 if he retires on the 6th of May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds to me like your downgrading him for dominating everyone.PBF is NOT a slugger...and thats what people wanna see.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gonna say Mosley but then I remembered Forrest

To be honest though out of all the current top 10 p4p claiments Floyd has probably the least awe inspiring competition, he has a few "names" but when we inspect what there record was like at the point that Floyd fought them, we can start smelling the coffee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones said it best..."they say I didnt fight nobody...I just made em look like nobody"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RJJ
    B-Hop
    ODLH
    MAB
    SSM
    Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Olympian904
    It sounds to me like your downgrading him for dominating everyone.PBF is NOT a slugger...and thats what people wanna see.
    No not at all mate I'm just saying he can go on and fight plenty of other good fighters ie Cotto, Mosley, Hatton, Margo, Spinks etc. and beat them IMO, not rest on his laurels an say thats it I'm done i was the greatest ever. He hasn't properly cleaned the divisions as he says. As for not liking him because he's not a slugger one of the best fights i've watched recently was Winky schooling Tito Feck me that was excellent. Floyds never beat someone that dangerous every round. I appreciate his skills an enjoy watching him fight but i just don't believe his own hype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    RJJ
    B-Hop
    ODLH
    MAB
    SSM
    Holyfield
    I agree with those totally.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know we've been here before but RJJ imo is not as highly thought of in the UK as some of you may think.
    He ducked all our top UK boys year in year out and they were the elite at that time
    Think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra
    No not at all mate I'm just saying he can go on and fight plenty of other good fighters ie Cotto, Mosley, Hatton, Margo, Spinks etc. and beat them IMO, not rest on his laurels an say thats it I'm done i was the greatest ever. He hasn't properly cleaned the divisions as he says. As for not liking him because he's not a slugger one of the best fights i've watched recently was Winky schooling Tito Feck me that was excellent. Floyds never beat someone that dangerous every round. I appreciate his skills an enjoy watching him fight but i just don't believe his own hype.
    I agree with you...you made a good point.Me personally I dont wanna see him fight people who cant beat him.Other than Hatton...I dont wanna see him fight Cotto,Moslery,Margo,Spinks unless they battle each other and one rises to the top...because I see waayy to many flaws in there game.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will be knocking on the greats door at the very least if he takes Oscar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra
    I agree with you...you made a good point.Me personally I dont wanna see him fight people who cant beat him.Other than Hatton...I dont wanna see him fight Cotto,Moslery,Margo,Spinks unless they battle each other and one rises to the top...because I see waayy to many flaws in there game.
    You never know till fight night. Hell Chop Chop had Floyd shakey for a short while, its happened to better fighters, he could just have an off night its not unrealistic to say some of the afmore mentioned could beat him, an if it had to be one of em an if theres a God it'll be Ricky

Thread Information