Thread: Jon 'Jono' Thaxton v Scott Lawton - British Lightweight Title - dRBR

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jon 'Jono' Thaxton v Scott Lawton - British Lightweight Title - dRBR

Allez, hola, konneecheewah, and shwmae,

Welcome to another imitation of the fabulous Wacko's DRBR, but with British boxers and an inferior analyst.

Tonight is the bout for the British lightweight title, with champion Jon Thaxton coming into this one as a huge favourite.

Jon Thaxton (31-7, 16 KOs) - Thaxton has been around the British scene for a while now, and cl;aimed the British title at his fourth attempt against Lee Meager in December with a dominant decision. He's strong, tough, with plenty of stamina and is very experienced. And in front of his hometown crowd...well make what you will.

Scott Lawton (20-2-1, 4 KOs) - Lawton faces the toughest challenge here, as he tries to extricate the belt from Thaxton's grip, and after the guts and emotion from Thaxton I expect it will be over his dead body. He's coming off four consecutive wins, and is a hard worker tending towards points wins, but I expect Thaxton to be too strong.

Also, Esham Pickering v Marc Callaghan for the British Super-Bantamweight strap. Live from the Norwich Showground. Expecting entry to the ring in 10 minutes or so.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jon 'Jono' Thaxton v Scott Lawton - British Lightweight Title - dRBR

CC super

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jon 'Jono' Thaxton v Scott Lawton - British Lightweight Title - dRBR

The beer's cold, the hula hoops are next to the keyboard and I'm ever so slightly drunk, so yes it is friday fight night!

Lawton coming in looking pretty worried, and like a nervous racehorse looks as though he's got a proper sweat on and they haven't left the paddock. (Yes I have been watching the Cheltenham festival). Thaxton coming in to the epic quote from the Gladiator film. "Are you not entertained?"....a very good entrance from Jono...a very nice opening, and some speedy guitar too. He gets a good welcome, and looks focussed and confident. I reckon this might be a goodie.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lawton simply can't bang so i see no way he can possibly win this other than hit and move and i don't think he can keep Thaxton at bay for too long
    My prediction is a Thaxton mid stoppage!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lawton is 4 inches taller, but looks pretty skinny to me, while Thaxton looks muscular and stronger. Much like boxing in Wales, the Norwich showground is just a big huge barn, and the lighting ain't ideal, and the atmosphere is disappearing into the high roof. There's a woman that looks likeJade Goody going mental atringside. Either a missus or sister of Thaxton I assume.

Round 1:

Thaxton with a speedier start, swinging and missing with jabs. Thaxton comes in with a couple of body shots, and they clinch for the first time. Jabs from Lawton not keeping Thaxton off. Good right hook wobbles Lawton. Thaxton teeing off with a straight left and another right hook. Straight to the body and right hook again from Thaxton. Lawton recovering wand throws some hooks, but Thaxton goes on the insde with body shots and a right upstairs. Thaxton is lunging in, but it's proving effective. Lawtong with a decent left hook as Thaxton comes in.

Good round for Thaxton,
    10-9

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shame Lawton hasnt got any power anyone think Thaxton is trying too hard for the KO shot.

oh and CC for the rd by rd

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Jab from Lawton as Thaxton falls short. Thaxton looking for big shots with his left. He's caught again on the way in with a pair of chopping shots. Hard left from Thaxton, but Lawton's nose is bloodied already. Jabs and straight from Lawton ,as Thaxton again falls a little short with some big shots. Jab from Lawton as Thaxton closes the gap. Thaxton's jab straight combo worked well in rd , but Lawton starting to see it coming. Nice jab from Lawton, jab hook again from him. Overhand right hits the side of the head from Thaxton. Body shot from ono. Jab and two boy shots from Lawton. Good right at the bell from Thaxton.

Tight one, Tied for me.

20-19 Thaxton

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will Thaxton lose his discipline..?
    sounding possible.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Shame Lawton hasnt got any power anyone think Thaxton is trying too hard for the KO shot.

oh and CC for the rd by rd
    On the button mate, everything he throws seems a little flimsy.

Round 3:

Thaxton swinging wildly. As he lunges in Lawton throws a jab and an uppercut comes through. Thaxton is looking to impress, and he pins Lawton in the corner with a series of body shots and straights upstairs. Good body shot from Lawton, but he looks cut or grazed above the left eye too now. Thaxton piiling in amd Lawton unleshes some hooks as he backs off. Good overhand right from Lawton opens up that left eye of Lawton, who is looking a little worse for wear. Jab straight combos from Lawton, and Thaxton connects with a nice sweeping left. Lawton looks to jab and keep Thaxton at distance, but I think Lawton was doing all the damage.

30-28 to Thaxton

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thaxton cut

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Badly?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Badly?
    nah mate just a nic caused by a headbutt

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smash are you not watching this Lawton is doing far better than most would have thought considering this is a massive step up for him

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She's got Woss on Comic Relief

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    She's got Woss on Comic Relief

hahahahah you have missed a great fight... on another note your a wuss hahahahha

i'll wait for the rd by rd to finish before i give my verdict

Thread Information