Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I havent seen fight but was barrera robbed ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default I havent seen fight but was barrera robbed ??

i found this on boxrec just wanted to know if this was correct

Barrera and Marquez put on a good show, but the judges' score's were very questionable. In other words, Barrera was robbed. Marquez hurt Barrera with a hard right hand in round seven, but Marquez was dropped shortly after from a picture-perfect right-hand-for-a-right-hand and Barrera hit him again while Marquez was on his hands because the referee failed to jump in immediately. The knockdown was not called and Barrera was penalized a point for hitting marquez while he was down. Marquez was not as aggressive as he was in the early going from that point on and Barrera continuously beat marquez to the punch, and was out-landing him. Emmanuel Steward commented on the judges' scoring saying it was very confusing how Barrera has given that city so many great fights, and the judges' turned around and robbed him like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I havent seen fight but was barrera robbed ??

I thought Marquez won, but not by the distance on the judges cards... won by 2 or 3 rounds I reckon. Great fight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera was robbed of a knckdown for sure, but not of the fight. That was a good close fight and a lot of the rounds could have went either way...
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think Barrera did JUST enought to edge it. If the knock down had been scored it would have made Barrera the winner by 2 points on my card.It was a great, very close competitive fight. Now if Barrera had put on a clinic and lost by UD I could see why it would have been a robbery, but it was an extremely closely fought fight, so I wouldnt say it was a robbery. You could make a case for either fighter. Barrera did outland Marquez over the 12 rounds but Marquez did land the more power shots. It just depends on how the judges are scoring the fight.

I disagree with the result because I do think Barrera won. That the fight wasnt even a split decision was a huge shock for me and to hear the card of 118-109....well, that just blew my mind!! All of the judges were way off. Barrera losing his mind by hitting Marquez when down was madness though and that knockdown should have been scored! That was 2 points down the pan!!

A great fight, but a tough one for me to deal with!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In absolutely no way,shape or form did MAB get robbed. No way,it was a close close fight,I had JMM by 3,if the knockdown would have counted,I would have had JMM by 1. I prefered JMM's edge in power connects as opposed to MAB's jabbing because the criteria is clean hard punching and I consider power punching to fulfil that,more so than jabbing.Great great fight though. I don't recall Manny saying MAB was robbed,can anyone tell me when he said that?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    In absolutely no way,shape or form did MAB get robbed. No way,it was a close close fight,I had JMM by 3,if the knockdown would have counted,I would have had JMM by 1. I prefered JMM's edge in power connects as opposed to MAB's jabbing because the criteria is clean hard punching and I consider power punching to fulfil that,more so than jabbing.Great great fight though. I don't recall Manny saying MAB was robbed,can anyone tell me when he said that?
    My predictions are getting worrying!! Of my 3 favourite fighters (Calzaghe, Toney and Barrera) two now are on losing streaks!!!

Is Manfredo now going to do a number on Calzaghe?!

Bilbo is rubbing his hands with anticipation!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Itv was a great fight..Not a robbery..More of an injustice.. A close scorecard like it should have been with either man winning would have been appropriate..

I can completely understand alot of people enjoying Juan manuel's power punch output.. and he was doing a nice job during the middle rounds..

I personally favoured marco antonio's sharp fast start ..A great mix or sharp boxing and counter punching from both fighters but i was very aware of how well barrera was more so leading the action with his jab and when jmm did get to the punch first marco was very quick on attempting and mostly succeeding to counter and punch off of blocked punches.. Many great left hooks and parry- over the top right hands landed from both men.. The fight was so incredibly close.. and it really came down to sometimes what single combination or punch could either fighter throw to catch the judges attention and a fight full of round stealing..

I have heard a couple of people say marco was going for late round stealing of the judges favour..But in all fairness both fighters did and more so they had to..
    Just a complete mix of technical ability and brawling .. This coming much at the end of the rounds..
    They would trade coming up to the last 30 seconds and i felt whoever stayed put and didnt step out of the trade or who landed more would be the stealer..
    A true great fight..

Im watching the countdown to barrera marquez now...
    And no doubt
    EXTREME VIEWABILITY... LOVE IT
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attaching the word robbery just tarnishes what was a GREAT fight. (i'm not having a pop at you, Ice cold)

The scoring was odd thats all

And hardly surprising judging by the other fights on the night.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Attaching the word robbery just tarnishes what was a GREAT fight. (i'm not having a pop at you, Ice cold)

The scoring was odd thats all

And hardly surprising judging by the other fights on the night.
    Yup, just what I was going to say. Marquez was winning for me, but only by a couple of rounds, not the margin that those strange, strange vegas judges found it. As you said, absolutely cracking fight though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez won the fight thats for sure it was a great fight great skill great heart shown by both fighters .

The exchanges id say were quite even but the difference and what swung the fight for the Judges is that Marquez pressed the fight more and showed better generalship of the ring .

MAB still has enough quality but he does turn to fight in very exciting spurts and on this night Marquez could go punch to punch with him .

Against most fighters MAB clever counter punching cant steal the fight clearly but Marquez is a counter puncher himself .

What a truly great battle .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good tactical battle , not the war i expected , but round 7 and 8 were great, it WAS a knockdown!

And scores were pretty stupid imo. I can accept Marquez won, but not by that distance
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Barrera and Marquez put on a good show, but the judges' score's were very questionable. In other words, Barrera was robbed. Marquez hurt Barrera with a hard right hand in round seven, but Marquez was dropped shortly after from a picture-perfect right-hand-for-a-right-hand and Barrera hit him again while Marquez was on his hands because the referee failed to jump in immediately. The knockdown was not called and Barrera was penalized a point for hitting marquez while he was down. Marquez was not as aggressive as he was in the early going from that point on and Barrera continuously beat marquez to the punch, and was out-landing him. Emmanuel Steward commented on the judges' scoring saying it was very confusing how Barrera has given that city so many great fights, and the judges' turned around and robbed him like that.

Statistically Barrera the AND landed more punches . HBO gave Marco the fight . Marquez looked like he'd been hit by a truck whereas apart from a little knick Marco was unmarked . Barrera scored a knockdown yet they gave teh round 10-8 to Marquez ?!! WTF was going on . I knew after teh Forbes - Hopkins that the curse of Vegas judging would be a factor . That was a joke though . Not even sure Barrera wants a return after that he was so gutted . Marquez said it was a slip but I duno who he is trying to kid . Everyone knows Barrera floored him fair and square . If Nady jumped in at that point and called it a knockdown like he should have there would be no problem but he allowed teh action to continue so Barrera hit him again . Poor judging , poor refereeing and that may have caused an all time great to walk away from the sport .

A rematch would be great but i'm not sure Barreras heart is in it anymore. Sure he can win a return fight but what guarentee have we got that the same thing wont happen again . It disgusted Barrera but after some time out with his family he'll make up his mind .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig
    Barrera was robbed of a knckdown for sure, but not of the fight. That was a good close fight and a lot of the rounds could have went either way...
    it could have gone either way but then the scoring was horrible.i have no problem of who won since it was a see-saw fight.. but 119-108.. thats a disgrace...
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought barrera just did enough to win - but anyone who has JMM winning by a few rounds i can totaly see why and would not dissagree with them 'coz it was that close! the score card was a discrace though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Statistically Barrera the AND landed more punches . HBO gave Marco the fight . Marquez looked like he'd been hit by a truck whereas apart from a little knick Marco was unmarked . Barrera scored a knockdown yet they gave teh round 10-8 to Marquez ?!! WTF was going on . I knew after teh Forbes - Hopkins that the curse of Vegas judging would be a factor . That was a joke though . Not even sure Barrera wants a return after that he was so gutted . Marquez said it was a slip but I duno who he is trying to kid . Everyone knows Barrera floored him fair and square . If Nady jumped in at that point and called it a knockdown like he should have there would be no problem but he allowed teh action to continue so Barrera hit him again . Poor judging , poor refereeing and that may have caused an all time great to walk away from the sport .

A rematch would be great but i'm not sure Barreras heart is in it anymore. Sure he can win a return fight but what guarentee have we got that the same thing wont happen again . It disgusted Barrera but after some time out with his family he'll make up his mind .

good point jmm said he slipped of course he did.. his defense slipped and got tagged.. or he slipped into barerras punch and just knelt.. if u slip on the canvas ur a$$ should be on the floor.. not your knee.. and did u guys hear barerra say "bye bye golden boy promotions"
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Thread Information