Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Arrgh! HBO have just blocked a trailer load of vids on Youtube!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arrgh! HBO have just blocked a trailer load of vids on Youtube!!

I was scoring the bout myself before i read up on it... Kinda assumed that this would be a hot topic as i knew about the knockdown/ slip rule/ point deduction!

I managed to get to the 7th (66-66 a peice btw) and then i find that the vids have been removed!? WTF!!!

Oh well, maybe i should turn my attention to the Mormeck - Bell fight
    Either that, or keep an eye out for Wankel04
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arrgh! HBO have just blocked a trailer load of vids on Youtube!!

Youtube are currently being sued for various different copyright offences,music being the biggest.
    Times are changing for the tube and pretty soon it will be nothing like it used to be

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Youtube are currently being sued for various different copyright offences,music being the biggest.
    Times are changing for the tube and pretty soon it will be nothing like it used to be
    Tis' a Shame i was just starting to motor through some serious back catalouge.
    Wankel, one user whos vids a find a lot of, is just a beast!

Mind you with a name like Wankel, it won't be long before those same banned vids show up on Xtube :P
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

the first part of marquez vs barrera fight is still on there though thats bit weird but anyway check your pm jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    the first part of marquez vs barrera fight is still on there though thats bit weird but anyway check your pm jim
    Very Foken Cool

*click*
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Very Foken Cool

*click*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolute bullshit, HBO committing commercial suicide. As soon as something comes along that could re-introduce boxing to the masses, ie highlight reels on YouTube, rather than think about it in terms of boxing's popularity the fucking suits decide that it'd be to sue and get the short-term dollar. Idiots.

I have loads of mates who have a passing interesting in boxing, and they love it when I look up all the good fights on YouTube for 'em. Its helps boxing's popularity that people can see Roy Jones Jnr and Lennox Lewis highlights. But obviously the execs who run HBO, straight out of business college and never thrown a punch in anger their whole lives, would rather have a short-term buck by suinng someone then think about it properly and realize that THE INTERNET IS A LIFELINE FOR BOXING and if they pull the plug now Boxing will die on its hospital bed, DNR.

This shit gets on my nerves so badly. I bet you this much, MMA and UFC won't sue YouTube for improving their profile with the general public, they're not stupid. This is why CAPITALISM JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was scoring the bout myself before i read up on it... Kinda assumed that this would be a hot topic as i knew about the knockdown/ slip rule/ point deduction!

I managed to get to the 7th (66-66 a peice btw) and then i find that the vids have been removed!? WTF!!!

Boogie go here
    www.watchtvsitcoms.com
    The fights there (Thanks to armin the OG person who posted this info.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Absolute bullshit, HBO committing commercial suicide. As soon as something comes along that could re-introduce boxing to the masses, ie highlight reels on YouTube, rather than think about it in terms of boxing's popularity the F****** suits decide that it'd be to sue and get the short-term dollar. Idiots.

I have loads of mates who have a passing interesting in boxing, and they love it when I look up all the good fights on YouTube for 'em. Its helps boxing's popularity that people can see Roy Jones Jnr and Lennox Lewis highlights. But obviously the execs who run HBO, straight out of business college and never thrown a punch in anger their whole lives, would rather have a short-term buck by suinng someone then think about it properly and realize that THE INTERNET IS A LIFELINE FOR BOXING and if they pull the plug now Boxing will die on its hospital bed, DNR.

This S*** gets on my nerves so badly. I bet you this much, MMA and UFC won't sue YouTube for improving their profile with the general public, they're not stupid. This is why CAPITALISM JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!
    Nice post.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Boogie go here
    www.watchtvsitcoms.com
    The fights there (Thanks to armin the OG person who posted this info.)
    Ah cheers cuz
    Sweet resolution btw.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Absolute bullshit, HBO committing commercial suicide. As soon as something comes along that could re-introduce boxing to the masses, ie highlight reels on YouTube, rather than think about it in terms of boxing's popularity the F****** suits decide that it'd be to sue and get the short-term dollar. Idiots.

This S*** gets on my nerves so badly. I bet you this much, MMA and UFC won't sue YouTube for improving their profile with the general public, they're not stupid. This is why CAPITALISM JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!
    I agree.

HBO have no interest whatsoevr in the sport of boxing, it is just a vehicle upon which they make money. We would be really naive to think that any big corporation (never mind a bullshit media corporation) actually has any values at all beyond making a quick profit.

Equally, my cynical mind is not at all surprised by this. People like YouTube became popular in an underground cult way by posting anything and everything in an unregulated way. Their inventors quickly saw that what probably started as a bit of a laugh was now somehow worth billions to them (though internet firms have little or no intrinsic worth, they are oddly very highly valued. You'd think that people would have worked out that technology and intellectual capital do not translate to stock market or shareholder value.)

Anyway, they have now sold out and will go and live on an island somewhere .... and because the company now has 'value', they are now worth suing so people can get a piece of that value. Once they are censored, they have lost whatever differentiation made them an acquisition target and they will be worthless. Someone else will start a small video posting website, and they will become flavour of the year.

The technologically adept geeks who set it up will make a fortune because everyone thinks they are astute businessmen (when all they did was move technology ahead by one small increment and never really ran or managed a proper business). Take Bill Gates or the Oracle guys, they are held up as busienss gurus when in reality you would have to be totally brain dead NOT to have made a success at being first to market with revolutionary technology in a monopoly situation.

The world moves on ........ ho hum.

(so endeth the lesson rant)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information