Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default anti jmm or pro mab???

i was in the p.I when the fight came on, the phillipines commentators called it about right the fight was gReat both fighters were great.

but when i watch the hbo version of the fight and listening to hbo commentators, it was like watching a whole different fight well atleast it seem like it because hbo C. were calling it like mab was so much superior, i couldn't believe how they would keep talking about what mab landed and sometimes didn't even land but still get hype like he really landed big, i mean it wasn't fair for jmm. i thought it was a great fight but hbo C. really lack being professional and stop acting like fans. i saw a bunch of punches landed by jmm and saw very little from mab but then hbo C called it like jmm had no hands at all.

but bottom line is jmm won and deserved it, but the judges score card was suprising as much as hbo commentating. i guess hbo is more of a pro mab

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: anti jmm or pro mab???

I've not seen the hbo version however I know people who have and must have heard differently to you.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO were all over Barrera's nuts like stink on shit. Anyone who tells you differently Missy is affraid that you will beat them up if they say otherwise

Marquez would land punches but the HBO crew would give the credit to Barrera for partially riding them.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're right to fear me

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try and get a look at footage of the end of round seven if nothing else. Lampley goes off on one when it becomes clear that a knockdown was scored. You couldnt see it but I bet he looked just like that mental German kid who smashes up his keyboard when he gets killed playing a game
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bias in favor of Barrera shouldn't come as any surprise. It's always been that way. I think Lampley does a great job, and I always defend the HBO crew. But the one thing that drives me nuts is that Lampley has always shown blatant favoritism for both Barrera and De La Hoya. He doesn't even try to hide it.
    Lampley jumps out of his seat everytime MAB or DLH do anything, and he frequently doen't say anything when the opponent lands meaningful punches. This has been going on for a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    The bias in favor of Barrera shouldn't come as any surprise. It's always been that way. I think Lampley does a great job, and I always defend the HBO crew. But the one thing that drives me nuts is that Lampley has always shown blatant favoritism for both Barrera and De La Hoya. He doesn't even try to hide it.
    Lampley jumps out of his seat everytime MAB or DLH do anything, and he frequently doen't say anything when the opponent lands meaningful punches. This has been going on for a decade.
    actually not always, i remember lampley during pac vs mab...he was pretty much honest in that fight i mean the way pac beat mab i guess he had to. lampley was the one that was pointing out that mab had headbutted pac intentionally full force. and repeated how mab was getting whoop.

you guys notice how bad mab is whenever someone is all over him and punching his face off he loves to headbutt... i know we all seen the pac vs mab, and i know i'm not the only one that seen jmm vs mab how mab was forcing his head up from jmms neck to his forehead. his a great fighter but also a great loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

most fights i watch at home i turn the tv volume down and put on a good cd. i find it very hard to score a fight with the commentary goin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the commentary we got in Britain was anti Barrera and pro Marquez . The Hbo team seemed to be agreeing with the stats - Barrera was throwing and landing more .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the commentary we get is weird either it's all out backing one guy or they switch mid way through a fight when looks like the other guy is getting the upper hand and carry on as if they meant that all along.
    Steve Holdsworth should cover them all.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he started commentating on good fights he would have very little to moan about

I think alot of commentators get a theme in their head early in a fight and their ego wont permit them to change tack.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holdsworth is brilliant. He can also be very jarring. But still brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    I think the commentary we got in Britain was anti Barrera and pro Marquez . The Hbo team seemed to be agreeing with the stats - Barrera was throwing and landing more .
    McCrory anti Barrera? Don't think so.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

It wasnt Mcrory . It was Jim Watt and Adam Smith

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

It wasnt Mcrory . It was Jim Watt and Adam Smith
    Yeah I know

But McCrory (big Barrera fan) scored it for Marquez from the studio. Watt, McCrory, Piper and Nelson all had it for Marquez.

Anyway, why would Sky be anti Barrera
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holdsworth would still slate them if they did dumb stuff, just the same in person.

Changing of the guard, passing the mantle, politics. We all know they do it.

Thread Information