Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pain in my knees recently...

I have been training for about 14 months at a local gym. I havent been in a fight yet, but have sparred many, many times with other boxers from my gym and other local gyms. I am 5'9", 158 lbs, (very lean, 11.9% body fat) I have never in my life been heavy, never been in any kind of accident or serious injury at all.

About a month ago, i noticed that my knees were starting to hurt after workouts. Its not a cracking or popping, its just a pain that feels like its coming from the center of my knees. I train 3-4 days a week usually, so i took a week off from the gym and the pain goes away by the end of the rest week. I have a doctors appointment for an Xray and possible MRI next week. Im hoping that I dont have any serious problem like weak cartilage that will make me stop training.

Does anyone have any idea's what could be wrong with my knees?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pain in my knees recently...

Have you been doing any heavy roadwork lately?
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have dodgy knees, try not to skip on hard/solid floors, skip in the ring. If you can do your running on a treadmill or running track do that. Lots of trainers will think you're trying to get out of the hard work. If they hurt doing squats then check your technique, don't jerk or snap your knees back, very bad, also don't bend as deep.

For some reason my knees just kill if I do lunges, it's one of those things, I just can't do them without knee pain.

You might want to start taking glucosamine supplements & iceing your knees after every workout. Glucosamine has been shown to help repair cartlidge. Ice will take down any swelling and the increase in blood afterwards with flush the joint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive got arthritis in my knees, fingers and ankles due to a mixture of things. My knee pain tends to come and go but glucoasmine is great. You might want to see if you can get it in pill form mixed with some cod liver oils. Glucosamine repairs joints and cartilage as Missy has said. Also you can get glucosamine gel which is useful.

All above is good advice.

I am on meds from the doc after i was diagnosed and this helps the arhtiritis. Dodgy knees run in our family though. Best wait til you get a proper diag from the doc first.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah fish oils, omegas 3/6/9 are also good for keeping your insides lubed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

go to a podiatrist if the pain persists and get some inserts gives you that extra arch and really makes a difference

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Drunkmonk , The problem could be made worse, by the rule of thumb most knee problems come from the laterall plain of the hip and muscle groups and extensions there off. As a rule many injuries to the knee are of bad maitainance to the surrounding muscles and connecting ligaments.Podiatrist have there place, but dont repair the root cause of the problem.The centre of gravity on the body is an inch above the arsehole and its that area where if not wear and tear the problem usually originates. Im a believer the root cause is optical dominance brought on by trying to create oral stability. As Ive said before we are loosing are ability to read the senses of touch and feel in are quest to get fitter. So we get injured, an injured athlete doernt get fit. They get frustrated and depressed which is more dangerous because they dont work to get fit from a level playing field more problems, Psyhcically and pcyhcologicly. Ive been working in the field for a number of years at long last Sports Pulse IOC have come on board with funding with help from freinds at Universitys, watch this space the answers are round the corner.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Drunkmonk , The problem could be made worse, by the rule of thumb most knee problems come from the laterall plain of the hip and muscle groups and extensions there off. As a rule many injuries to the knee are of bad maitainance to the surrounding muscles and connecting ligaments.Podiatrist have there place, but dont repair the root cause of the problem.The centre of gravity on the body is an inch above the arsehole and its that area where if not wear and tear the problem usually originates. Im a believer the root cause is optical dominance brought on by trying to create oral stability. As Ive said before we are loosing are ability to read the senses of touch and feel in are quest to get fitter. So we get injured, an injured athlete doernt get fit. They get frustrated and depressed which is more dangerous because they dont work to get fit from a level playing field more problems, Psyhcically and pcyhcologicly. Ive been working in the field for a number of years at long last Sports Pulse IOC have come on board with funding with help from freinds at Universitys, watch this space the answers are round the corner.
    say you have one leg a bit shorter then the other. Are you fucked long term ? or does the body compensate? excllent read I might add. CC !

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Lords its not very often with the legs being shorter one side. Its a case of impact and gait being stronger one side where as a rule the problem is and the transfer giving the hips instability. Tendons shorten muscle contracts that is usualy the start of the problems. Then the spine overcompensates to keep the head [ oral ] stable then fuck all works properley, All or Nothing thats how the body works but not as it should. Now if you had a racing car worth $ 100,000 youd spend time on maintainance of the car. Now I think your body is worth more than any car without it working correct you wouldnt have a car its worth much more. And yet we dont spend time repairing it or very little, and with a little effort which can be fun we can improve the output 20%. Now where would we be doing our job 20% better, and I believe its never to late

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll PM you mate

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

crap. Podiatry can certainly help, if you have flat feet they roll inwards pulling on the achilles which in turn throws out the knees, hips and spine. You think you have a bad back but the problem may stem from your feet.

The centre of gravity is not there. for guys its round the navel as you are more top heavy for ladies it's lower due to our hips.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missy as I said Podiatry has its place, but it wont resolve the problem Ive known cases where its made the problems worse in many cases if Im honest. The bottom of the Coccyx is the centre of gravity which is an inch above the arsehole. If the world didnt suck we would all fall off

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, find your tipping point.

I'm not saying it's one or the other but if it's ligaments then look why they are tight or slack, it may be muscular imbalance, it may be under/over rotation in the ankles/feet that have caused the ligaments to stretch or shorten but most people I know don't even think of checking that out, they just go yeah strengthen your legs, yeah weights, quads, hams, adductor, abductor whooo.
    Check the alignment ground up.

Better still Middleweight find a really good sports physiotherapist. They can work wonders, mine did after months of rubbish and wrong advice my problem was sorted out in 2 sessions and I now have a routine of massage and ice so I can self treat.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missy Ive invented a machine that does all what your description of rehab should comprise The Steadman clinic in Colarado want six if you want one it will cost you 6 grand and we will throw in a tee shirt

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no need and a rip off.

Heavy massage along the achilles and in the arch followed by ice and I'm right as rain if I ever get an occasional twinge but that only occurs after 6+ hours of dance and being on my feet all day.

Thread Information