Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miranda on middleweights!

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Miranda on middleweights!

Boxing has always been a tough business. It’s even tougher when those who claim to be ‘champions’ continue to run from real challenges in search of easy paydays that keep deserving contenders from getting their opportunity to shine. People’s middleweight champion Edison Miranda is not shy about discussing this topic.

“The middleweight division always had proud champions willing to fight everyone, like Marvin Hagler, Carlos Monzon, and Sugar Ray Robinson,” said Miranda. “Now we’re stuck with paper champions like Jermain Taylor and Arthur Abraham, who are disgracing this division.”

Read full article....
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/4930-edis...miranda-2.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miranda on middleweights!

Ha! he got a good dig on Taylor. If Taylor doesnt man up soon to fight Miranda, he is gonna take a lot of crap. I dont understand the Spinks matchup, Spinks cant even knockout light middleweights. Hopefully Miranda does well in his next fight and forces Taylor to take notice.The Green fight wasnt as impressive as I was hoping. I hope if he does win the title he keeps his word.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im shocked the IBF aint forced AA to fight him yet coz those fucks love the money, and after how close it was he should get another shot, Taylor to, this THIRD light middle in a row is becomg a joke. Fair enough Winky was P4P moving up, big name, big money hell it was a fight i wanted to see, the ouma, ok they needed a recognisable name to fight Taylor in arkawnsau(sp?) and he was picked for taylor to KO; but come on, first it was moura but now spinks? this is getting a lil silly, taylor doesn;t even seem interested in calling out miranda, or AA - I have given hopkins alot of shit, he did unify and beat basicaly everyone out there who wanted a shot at MW, sure they weren;t that great or to much of a threat but he did reign well at MW.

SigmaMu Guest

Taylor sure is taking a lot of heat. He has taken heat ever since his controversial win against B-Hop but now it's getting worse. Don't get me started. lol But it's hard to hate on JT. I don't know why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Ha! he got a good dig on Taylor. If Taylor doesnt man up soon to fight Miranda, he is gonna take a lot of crap. I dont understand the Spinks matchup, Spinks cant even knockout light middleweights. Hopefully Miranda does well in his next fight and forces Taylor to take notice.The Green fight wasnt as impressive as I was hoping. I hope if he does win the title he keeps his word.

Well it's hard to fight an unwilling opponent...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The part that is funny to me, is that Jermain Taylor used to talk alot more, I havent heard anything out of his mouth. I would like to see someone ask him his view on a Miranda fight.He used to talk alot of crap back in the Hopkins fights. Seems like he has taken a break from trash talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    The part that is funny to me, is that Jermain Taylor used to talk alot more, I havent heard anything out of his mouth. I would like to see someone ask him his view on a Miranda fight.He used to talk alot of crap back in the Hopkins fights. Seems like he has taken a break from trash talking.
    The reason he even opened his mouth was because Hopkins never gave him his respect even after he beat him.

I wouldn't criticize JTs competition cause it's much better than the so called p4p #1 guy in most peoples minds. He actually forced his team to get him in with great competition without breaks. Not too many guys that are on top of their division can say that. Dibella wanted him to take an easy fight and he chooses Winky instead.

I'm actually a Pantera fan but I'm not going to criticize JT for the fights he's taken. Spinks is no slouch BTW.

That being said, if he doesn't KO Spinks after Lil Zab was able to do it, there will be some questions about his recent commitment to being the best.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to be a huge fan of Taylor Stuh-stuh-stuttering Stuh-stuh-stanly...that being said...I agree with Miranda.

Also...I would laugh my ass off if Spinks beat him...that'd be something for Corrie to cry about.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I used to be a huge fan of Taylor Stuh-stuh-stuttering Stuh-stuh-stanly...that being said...I agree with Miranda.

Also...I would laugh my ass off if Spinks beat him...that'd be something for Corrie to cry about.
    But the ring would become an ocean...

And it would be funny, got to give credit to Spinks though, he'll still be 154 pound champ after this though, just hope he don't get ruined.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why he's talkin shit about AA, he gave him hist shot, he lost, was hella close but he still lost it. Also aren't they supposed to rematch sometime this summer, at least that's what I thought I read somewhere, maybe I'm wrong. Jeah I don't know it's hard for me to hate on jt for his comp, he fought 2 greats in hopkins and winky, which I think he's 2-1 in those but he still fought em. Shit I like joe cal and he's not exactly fighting top comp for the last few years, I'ma wait a few more fights before I start trashing jt for his comp. Although it is frustrating but like I said this really is only his second fight after fighting b hop and winky back to back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't get how people can criticize Taylor's willingness to fight the top guys. I know I've already argued this in other threads, and I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it just blows my mind the criticism Taylor is getting. If you want to criticize his performances, that's fine... but his level of competition? Give me a break.

He fought Bernard Hopkins (who had been undefeated for 12 years) twice in a row.

After those two wins, everyone expected Taylor to take an easy fight to get some rest and get an easy title defense. Instead, he chose to fight Winky Wright, the #2 PFP fighter in the world. And for anyone who wants to jump in and say "But Winky isn't a true middleweight!!"...... I challenge you to name a fighter at 160 who would be a tougher opponent than Winky.

Then after fighting Winky, everyone expects that this time Taylor will definitely pick an extremely easy opponent to get an easy fight. And instead he takes on Ouma. Sure, Ouma was undersized, but he is hardly a stiff and could easily be a champ at 154. He is not a pushover by any stretch of the imagination.

There have been 2 or 3 opportunities for Taylor to fight a Henry Bruseles/Tim Austin type of stiff, in other words, some completely incompetent mandatory... and he hasn't done it.

Who the hell is Edison Miranda to think that someone is ducking him? Did anyone even know who he was a year ago? I might have to start calling Miranda the "Colombian Margarito."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

Who the hell is Edison Miranda to think that someone is ducking him? Did anyone even know who he was a year ago?
    Many of you may not have. But in the last year he fought Eastman, Abraham, Gibbs, Green and soon Pavlik. Guys that are all true middleweight (or more) with a combined record of 134-4 with 111 KO's (82% rate) and he arguably defeated them all.

And even if you take the Abraham side as a win, he still gets huge credit for going to Germany and doing what he did there.

He sent Eastman, Abraham and Gibbs all to the hospital.

Now, you think maybe Dibella is trying to keep his cash cow away from Miranda?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    Why would he be afraid of Miranda? He threw his cash cow into the ring with Winky immediately after the Hopkins fights. And Winky Wright is a much much much more accomplished fighter than Edison Miranda. If Wright and Miranda were scheduled to fight, you better believe that Wright would be a significant favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    Why would he be afraid of Miranda? He threw his cash cow into the ring with Winky immediately after the Hopkins fights. And Winky Wright is a much much much more accomplished fighter than Edison Miranda. If Wright and Miranda were scheduled to fight, you better believe that Wright would be a significant favorite.

Winky makes you look bad and causes you to lose credibility....Miranda makes you feel bad and causes you to lose control of you bowels...

See the difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All kidding aside though...

No one is in a rush at the moment to fight Miranda....If Pavlik does damage to him then he will be exposed but if he disposes of Kelly IMO and I say this with confidence Miranda will be a ducked fighter...If for anything the fact he seems to be so F'N tough

Thread Information