Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching Friday night fights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone watching Friday night fights?

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    That was a good night of fights.
    Yes, it was. That should have happened to Rodriguez a long time ago. His corner had just told him he was getting macho...BAM!

He should have taken his time getting up for one thing... Ah well, at least it wasn't my joker. It almost was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab Judah was on ESPN recently to do an interview in studio with Brian Kenny, obviously to promote his upcoming fight on Friday Night Fights.

Kenny asked Zab if he liked watching tapes of old fighters and Zab said something like "Oh yeah, I'm a total student of the game, I'm always watching tapes of the old fighters" and so on....

Then Kenny's next question is: Who do you think is the best welterweight ever?
    Zab: "Marvin Hagler"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by amat
    That was a good night of fights.
    Yes, it was. That should have happened to Rodriguez a long time ago. His corner had just told him he was getting macho...BAM!

He should have taken his time getting up for one thing... Ah well, at least it wasn't my joker. It almost was.
    I thought Rodriguez looked AWESOME for 6 rounds or so because he was standing his ground nicely and he was setting traps but he didn't make any adjustments. I thought the most important moment of the fight was when Feliciano stopped coming in with his head down and stopped leaving himself open to the uppercut. Once he did that Rodriguez went with the straight right but it wasn't stopping Jesse in his tracks like the uppercut was. I got a little worried when he moved his hands down and then really worried when he moved straight back. He might aswell have given his chin on a silver platter with a nice shiny belt as the dessert.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Zab Judah was on ESPN recently to do an interview in studio with Brian Kenny, obviously to promote his upcoming fight on Friday Night Fights.

Kenny asked Zab if he liked watching tapes of old fighters and Zab said something like "Oh yeah, I'm a total student of the game, I'm always watching tapes of the old fighters" and so on....

Then Kenny's next question is: Who do you think is the best welterweight ever?
    Zab: "Marvin Hagler"
    hahaha Random as hell but that gave me a laugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The funniest part of the show was when Teddy was about to use his little "Madden" pen the screen goes blank for the whole 5-10 seconds he's doing it ...lol saved by the control room.Teddy also had a list of his all time favorite Irish fighters, he intros it by saying: heres my list of all time great "mick" fighters...lol I thought that was funny. I had a feeling Feliciano was gonna give him problems because hes a hard head and can go 12 rounds.His losses were to some decent guys so his record was a little misleading. I like Felicianos determination and grit, but he has alot of room for improvement.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good main event. I do not like Feliciano or Rodriguez, Feliciano is a punk ass bitch, and Rodriguez up till this fight was fighting mostly stiffs, plus he looked to have a bit of a glass jaw. Feliciano does have fukin guts though, if you are as big of A-hole as him, then I guess you gotta be pretty tuff, and he is. He done good outlasting Delvin and knocking him the fuk out! Hell of an ending!
    Also that fat guy HW at the end, the one who suffered his 5th straight KO loss, should really consider hangin em up. Poor bastard...
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information