Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Friday night fights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone watching Friday night fights?

That Ouali (sp.?) looked quite impressive.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone watching Friday night fights?

Talking to myself again, sweeet.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he did. Wrote a RBR for it for the front page...

Said Ouali versus Irving Garcia

Round 1
    Both fighters meet mid ring and Garcia initiates the action by popping off his jab to the gloves of Ouali. Ouali starts out with his hands in front of his face and sports a very stiff jab. Neither fighter has put anything behind the jab through the first minute. Garcia is starting to work with the lead left hook to the body but doesn’t seem to do any damage. Garcia comes in again and the southpaw Ouali answers with a straight left and right hook combination. Still, Garcia looks unphased and continues to use the jab from the outside while Ouali remains relatively inactive. Garcia is putting the straight right hand behind the jab and finding good success with it, especially to the body. Ouali still isn’t throwing much and with 5 seconds to go in the round Garcia lunges in with a straight right that connects solidly but trips over the feet of Ouali and falls to the ground as the round ends.

Round 2
    Ouali comes out in a tight shelled defense and Ouali marches inside with a lead left to the body. Garcia moves back out after a straight left from Ouali and when he comes back in gets caught with a straight left that dazes Garcia. Ouali smells blood and catches Garcia with a big left uppercut and a straight left and Garcia falls to the canvas. He gets up at the count of ate but his legs have not returned. The fight continues and Ouali immediately jumps on him swinging wildly with hooks, somewhat smothering Garcia. Garcia returns fire but slips to the ground. Back up Ouali comes back to the inside where he fires off with a left hook that again hurts Garcia. Garcia takes a step straight backwards and Ouali catches him with a lengthy straight left that sends him to the canvas yet again. This time the fight is stopped. Ouali wins by knockout.

I thought he was a bit overanxious after the first knockdown in smothering Garcia but when he recollected himself, and he gave himself some room to punch he really knew how to finish the deal. Very fast explosive puncher I thought Garcia was playing with fire on the inside like that, he wasn't doing so bad himself but Ouali packs quite a punch and I knew if he kept dropping his hands low when he went to the body he was going to get tagged and I knew it would happen sometime and it did. That was impressive I want to see more of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just turned it on. Thanks for reminding me.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

SigmaMu Guest

Said, got off the Island shaved, cut his hair and Knocked out Garcia

The ref almost got hit

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robinson isn't going to get very far if he keeps his hands so low after every punch. He's gotta fix that but he's got a good frame for a boxer not to mention the name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robinson has alot of potential. That being said, he's no Ray Robinson by a long shot.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Robinson has alot of potential. That being said, he's no Ray Robinson by a long shot.
    Well it's not like he picked the name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    U sure about that?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    U sure about that?
    I liked the story they told in the opening round. How when the first time he got in a ring he ignored everything his trainer said and did bad and his trainer came to him and asked what his name was. When he told him the trainer asked what his name meant. Robinson replied that it meant he had to do a lot better then that.

Great stuff.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This next one should be good, Feliciano never makes for a boring fight but I think Rodriguez walks right through him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Delvin Rodriguez versus Jessie Feliciano

Round 1
    The highly anticipated bout starts with Rodriguez coming out throwing a stiff jab and stalking the circling Feliciano. Feliciano is the much shorter fighter and is pawing with the jab early trying to get inside. Rodriguez has his right hand cocked back and unleashes a quick one for the first time a minute in failing to catch Feliciano as he moved inside. Feliciano is circling to the right a lot early and 2 minutes through the round hasn’t thrown anything other then a soft jab. Rodriguez has fast hands and catches Feliciano for the first time with a right uppercut as Feliciano charged inside with his head down. Feliciano seems very tentative in this opening round while Rodriguez is just looking for a place to fire. The whole round was spelt feeling out for both fighters.

Round 2
    Feliciano has his hands way out in front of his face and is keeping Felicia no at bay just by putting his hands to the top of Feliciano’s head/ Feliciano however is more aggressive this round coming in with his head down but Rodriguez is prepared and lands 2 very quick right uppercuts. Feliciano goes back to the outside, only making halfhearted attempts to come inside after tasting the uppercuts. Feliciano lands his first good punch of the fight 2 minutes in as he scores with a right hand over the top. Rodriguez backs up and goes back to inviting Feliciano to the inside so he can land the uppercut. As the round closes both fighters begin to open up a bit as they trade hooks before clinching at the bell.

Round 3
    Picking up where they left off at the end of the second, both fighters let their hands loose a little more at the start, with Rodriguez slipping a lead hook and then swinging wide with a hook of his own. Rodriguez lands a right hand over the top as Feliciano walks inside. Feliciano seems to want to get on the inside but when he does he doesn’t really know what to do and has no answer for the uppercut of Rodriguez. Feliciano is still pawing with the jab to get inside but every time he does he gets hit with the uppercut, it’s been a recurring theme thus far in the fight. Still, Feliciano seems undaunted by the quick hitting Feliciano and charges inside with a right hand over the top as the bell sounds.

Round 4
    Rodriguez looks very cool and relaxed in there and is controlling range with the jab. Feliciano has picked his head up as he comes inside and is now more prone to the straight right rather then the uppercut which Rodriguez lands a minute into the round before tangling feet with Feliciano and tripping up. Feliciano seems to be having better success with his head up as he seems to be walking through the right hands of Rodriguez and he’s been able to land some short right ands of his own. Feliciano’s balance looks very bad on the inside and he is unable to keep Rodriguez on the inside when he gets him there.

Round 5
    Feliciano swings wildly to start the round with the left hook and Feliciano avoids it by taking a step back and then swinging with a right hand of his own. Feliciano has really not been able to mount and sort of consistent offense and is constantly venerable to the right hand of Rodriguez. However, Feliciano mounts a successful attack halfway through the round moving Rodriguez backwards and landing with the right hand. Rodriguez maneuvers his way out of danger but is holding his hands lower now and throwing with greater frequency, both landing and allowing himself to be countered. The round ends with Rodriguez on the back foot loading up with the right hand, landing one at the bell. An action packed round and the first bit of real success Feliciano has had thus far.

Round 6
    Feliciano looks very confident now and Rodriguez looks like he might be slowing down. Feliciano steps in with the right hand and Rodriguez steps to the side and catches Feliciano big with the right hand. Feliciano is just relentless coming inside and Rodriguez is beginning to move backwards a lot more now, but still managing to score with the right hand. Rodriguez goes back to jabbing and stalking from the center of the ring and lands a giant right hand with a minute left in the round that buckles the knees of Feliciano. Feliciano comes back well and moves forward trapping Rodriguez on the ropes, landing a few right hands of his own before smothering Rodriguez in a clinch. The action heats up at the end with Feliciano landing another right hand at the bell and then throwing a couple more after.

Round 7
    Continuing the pace from the last round, Feliciano lands another lunging straight right to the jaw of Feliciano, but again his lack of balance on the inside allows Rodriguez to slip outside. Rodriguez goes back to the middle of the ring where he pops off with the jab. Rodriguez is using the jab a lot more now then he was in previous rounds where he was inactive on the outside and laid traps for Feliciano as he comes in. Rodriguez continues to dominate with the jab and the straight right on the outside and the round closes with Feliciano never able to mount any sort of attack.

Round 8
    As has been the case in almost every round previous, Feliciano lands big once again with the right hand right out of the gate but Rodriguez answers nicely with a right uppercut and left hook before moving outside. Feliciano gets tagged with an uppercut from the outside and it is followed with a straight. But Feliciano comes back in a big way with a straight right hand and has Rodriguez out on his feet as he tees off. Rodriguez goes down and gets up but he is hurt in a very big way and has absolutely nothing in the tank. He is on shaky legs and goes down yet again. He gets up but the first right hand he is tagged with sends him through the bottom rope and the fight is stopped with just 20 seconds to go.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That came out of nowhere. Man that guy NEVER stops coming forward. I thought he made some key adjustments in picking his head up and coming in with the right hand lead but holy crap Rodriguez was doing a fine job in there, getting tagged a bit to much for my liking but man that was surprising.

I think I made note of it in the RBR but why did Rodriguez drop his hands? He was boxing beautifully before hand but when he started moving backwards with his hands low I could kind of see trouble coming his way and sure enough he got KO'd. Good on to Jesse though what heart on that guy.

SigmaMu Guest

Did I hear them correctly? Felicaino won the USDA belt?

I know I must be trippin'

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a good night of fights.

Thread Information