Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **GREAT NEWS** Boxing Returning To ABC

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=2808676

Great news for U.S. boxing fans, even if it does involve Tarver who I don't really care to see.

More and more networks are televising boxing now and it is going to become increasingly difficult for HBO to put fights on PPV. The pressure is building and I'm lovin it.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **GREAT NEWS** Boxing Returning To ABC

This is a good thing and very nostalgic... There have been some real good weekend afternoon fights in the past, hopefully it will catch back on again.... Lord knows the sport could use some more exposure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is this such a good thing brothers? Will it catch on? If ABC did show fights,why did they stop? Hey,anything which means no PPV for HBO= a good thing imo

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YES! The return of boxing to network TV will be the resurrection of boxing in the US. If boxing fans can watch championship fights on network TV, it's a stretch but then boxing WILL come back. You can watch the NFL, NHL, MLB and even Arena Football and Figure Skating on network TV. So why not boxing?

I know this is fairly insignificant in terms of what the fight actually means to the division, but if this can become a regular thing and boxing can find a primetime audience without customers having to pay for HBO and Showtime subscriptions for 20 fights a year and PPV for the rest then boxing will be in a lot better state.

CC for this AWESOME news. I might be getting ahead of myself, but if the network is willing to put boxing on primetime again, then that's reason for optimism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Why is this such a good thing brothers? Will it catch on? If ABC did show fights,why did they stop? Hey,anything which means no PPV for HBO= a good thing imo
    Hell yeah. Most of the major fights in the old days were on ABC or free TV. This is huge and should make a very positive impact from a fans perspective

Then again, you have MSG network, Fox sports, Versus and other cable networks taking fights now and there is noo way that can be bad for us fans. I don't know how it's going to work out overseas as far as the TV exposure but hopefully it works out for all.

I wouldn't wish a boxing blackout on my worst enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    YES! The return of boxing to network TV will be the resurrection of boxing in the US. If boxing fans can watch championship fights on network TV, it's a stretch but then boxing WILL come back. You can watch the NFL, NHL, MLB and even Arena Football and Figure Skating on network TV. So why not boxing?

I know this is fairly insignificant in terms of what the fight actually means to the division, but if this can become a regular thing and boxing can find a primetime audience without customers having to pay for HBO and Showtime subscriptions for 20 fights a year and PPV for the rest then boxing will be in a lot better state.

CC for this AWESOME news. I might be getting ahead of myself, but if the network is willing to put boxing on primetime again, then that's reason for optimism.
    cc back just because you sound as exited as I am.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    i remember watching Holmes career set and most of his championship fights were on abc so its good thing imo and i agree with amat it will bring boxing back with more and more people watching it a right step imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    This is a good thing and very nostalgic... There have been some real good weekend afternoon fights in the past, hopefully it will catch back on again.... Lord knows the sport could use some more exposure

When I was a kid 4-5 thats how I became a fan of the sport ABC!!!!....My Dad used to watch all the big fights...Especially ALI bouts....Thats how you knew it was a big time fight....It was aired on ABC during primetime!!!!......It was PPV before PPV and best of all no Charge...back then you didn't even need cable...

Man I feel old talking like that
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, that's a great news, and will help another countries too. More cheaper the transmission there, more easy to but the program here.

Thread Information