Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barrera--Marquez 2 september 15th

Who win's the re-match??

I don't care either way I am a big fan of both---If the rematch is half as good as the first it will be worth the money to watch it...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barrera--Marquez 2 september 15th

I'd back Marquez again...Barrera's desire has gone and we all know he has never been that good at avenging losses when he was soundly beaten first time around (Junior Jones). No doubt MAB is a future Hall Of Famer but 33 is simply too old for a fighter with his kind of style. I know JMM is 33 too but he is a boxer not a slugger and against MAB in the first fight he looked the faster of the warriors so i can not see any reason why Marquez wont win again. For the record i scored the fight 114-114 but i can understand why the judges gave the decision to Juan Manuel. Maybe I scored the fight the way I did because i thought Barrera landed more telling blows in someof the rounds despite JMM having the better workrate but Marquez won with the judges and despite Marco Antonio's frustration in the post-fight interview the result was not a 'robbery'. As i said earlier I think Marquez would win by a UD and it would be a lot more emphatic this time around. But i wrote MAB off against Hamed and look what happened there.....

I can't wait until September 15th

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see some of your points, but I wouldn't write off MAB entirely in a rematch because he showed a lot of boxing skills, and it depends on how both of the boxers respond to the result for me. Barrera has once or twice said that he thinks he was robbed in defeats, and he usually comes back with some decent performances, but I had Marquez edging it, with the point deduction, and the ruled out knockdown playing a vital part. Even if it does go to Marquez, I can't wait to see them go at it again, and to quot the commentator from EA's Fight Night 3:

"The public would pay to come and see these guys go at it every week, if they could", cause that's how i felt about the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

a rematch!!!! against mab and jmm!!!!!!

come on this is a waste of time, the rematch against jmm and pac is the correct fight to make, now we have to sit and watch mab and jmm go at it again, what if mab wins then it'll have a trilogy and then it'll take up to next year to potentially have a jmm pac rematch.

this is bullshyt, jmm and mab are both getting old, jmm needs to get pac NOW!!! this is another boxing politics shyt. put two aging popular fighter together to avoid the young hot fighter so promoters can cash in the older popular fighter before the young fighter retires them. fucking goldenboy!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Boxinggod. Let's have Pac and JMM first, then whoever wins takes on MBB. Why this order? Well Pac vs JMM will finally put to an end all the talk on who is better. Then let us give MBB his swan song, being a champion that he is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Paquiao/ Marquez 2 needs to be next.

I don't doubt that Barrera would still be competitive but the fight that almost everyone wants is Manny Vs Juan!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't count on it. I hear & read that Barrera is seriously pissed about what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Don't count on it. I hear & read that Barrera is seriously pissed about what happened.
    That the ref made a bad call or that Marquez was beating him to the punch...no matter how clearly Nady has mastered the art of screaming "...AND NOW IT'S BARRERA & HE'S DOING WHAT BARRERA DOES BEST...HE'S BEING BARRERA & A RIGHT & A LEFT & BARRERA PROVES HE IS THE TOP MEXICAN FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. MY GAD WHAT A FIGHT!!!" around a set of juevos in his mouth!

Marquez to beat Mr. Marco "I'm a Gentleman inside the ring UNLESS you watch closely...then I'm a Dirty Bitch!" Barrera!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera gets taken out this time.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    That the ref made a bad call or that Marquez was beating him to the punch...no matter how clearly Nady has mastered the art of screaming "...AND NOW IT'S BARRERA & HE'S DOING WHAT BARRERA DOES BEST...HE'S BEING BARRERA & A RIGHT & A LEFT & BARRERA PROVES HE IS THE TOP MEXICAN FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. MY GAD WHAT A FIGHT!!!" around a set of juevos in his mouth!

Marquez to beat Mr. Marco "I'm a Gentleman inside the ring UNLESS you watch closely...then I'm a Dirty Bitch!" Barrera!
    yup i've been saying it for years, barrera is a dirty as$hole, but fun to watch. watch how he headbutts and drives his forhead into jmm. i think it was the 11th round....right when he gets owned he gets dirty.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

a rematch!!!! against mab and jmm!!!!!!

come on this is a waste of time, the rematch against jmm and pac is the correct fight to make, now we have to sit and watch mab and jmm go at it again, what if mab wins then it'll have a trilogy and then it'll take up to next year to potentially have a jmm pac rematch.

this is bullshyt, jmm and mab are both getting old, jmm needs to get pac NOW!!! this is another boxing politics shyt. put two aging popular fighter together to avoid the young hot fighter so promoters can cash in the older popular fighter before the young fighter retires them. fucking goldenboy!!!

Let me show you how much of a fool you really are. I'm a go slow so you can understand. Nobody is avoiding Pac. If Pac was really interested in a rematch with either fighter he would of honored the contract he signed with Golden Boy. If he did he would of been fighting Marquez or Barrera. But being the greedy fuck that he is. He didn't. So now he's stuck fighting Solis. Who's no Marquez or Barrera. You understand now, chump?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Nonsense.
    He's pissed about the decision. Maybe it is bye-bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

awesome. i'll defo be watching. i couldnt catch the first fight and was gutted i didnt watch it live cos my bruv spoiled the decision for me before i got a chance to watch it. i reckon barrera can do it this time. does anyone reckon nady be reffing this time round aswell?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    awesome. i'll defo be watching. i couldnt catch the first fight and was gutted i didnt watch it live cos my bruv spoiled the decision for me before i got a chance to watch it. i reckon barrera can do it this time. does anyone reckon nady be reffing this time round aswell?
    i doubt it

Thread Information