Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALZAGHE v KESSLER Headlines the planets most wanted fights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CALZAGHE v KESSLER Headlines the planets most wanted fights.

Gotta agree that it's a tasty matchup that i think Joe would get seriously up for and win (I still think with the fitness levels he keeps there are still maybe 2 more Lacy fights left in him).
    Watching the ABA's on Grandstand on saturday and Steve Bunce saying more or less what we're all thinking....
    The Manfredo fight is set up to be a winnable fight against a big name and like it or not Manfredo is big Worldwide purely on the ratings success of 'Contender' both here and Abroad,and the Bika fight did him (Joe) no favours ratings and he fought like a twat at times and i think it all got to him mentally a little.
    Then it'll be a mega money night with Hopkins or Taylor i would think.
    Can't blame him really as he ain't as flush as people think moneywise,we can afford him that surely (his record speaks for itself) as long as he dives in with Kessler for the Showdown next time!!
    http://secondsout.emojo.com/World/ne...s=225&cs=21708

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CALZAGHE v KESSLER Headlines the planets most wanted fights.

The only reason I will be following Calzaghe v. Manfredo is that I'm hoping for an upset.

Calzaghe HAS to fight Kessler after this, slowly Kessler is taking over Calzaghe's spot as
    the man at 168.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Dosent want big fights regardless of what his camp says...... He should have fought Kessler right after Lacy then he wouldnt have so much uncertainty surrounding him.. Manfredo aint shite and the people who are Manfredo groupies from the contender are armchair boxing fans... Is this the crowd that Calzaghe is trying to attract here in the states Or does he want to attract purists like us that know Manfredo is a turd and this fight is a sham and an easy way for him to get the coveted 20 defenses... And believe me the if this fight is a PPV the contender fans arent shelling out $29-$49 to see him get beat from pillar to post, but I will

Seriously though Joe is as great of a talent as we have seen in the past 25 years but he seems to be more than content about championing mediocrity, you cant make a living off of 1 fight and call yourself great.. Its a shame Joe could be making spectacular fights showcasing his talents, but sadly it wont happen...... Seems like every fight is a tuneup for a big fight that never gets made.... Even the most staunch Calzaghe has to be dissapointed in his last couple choices for opponents...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    The Manfredo fight is set up to be a winnable fight against a big name and like it or not Manfredo is big Worldwide purely on the ratings success of 'Contender' both here and Abroad
    OK..... Let's get 1 thing straight Manfredo is known World Wide due to the show. Hes recognized as the guy who lost but got brought back (Only to looose again)
    Manfredo is by any means POPULAR world wide, he is know from the show....
    Manfredo is ONLY popular in his hometown of Rhode Island....
    Thats a fact.....

Same thig applies for even Sergio Mora hes known world wide and he MIGHT have some popiularity around the globe CAUSE he won the tournament but by nay means does that make him the right fight for any champ.
    (Thank god Taylor-Mora didn't come off)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Joe Dosent want big fights regardless of what his camp says...... He should have fought Kessler right after Lacy then he wouldnt have so much uncertainty surrounding him.. Manfredo aint shite and the people who are Manfredo groupies from the contender are armchair boxing fans... Is this the crowd that Calzaghe is trying to attract here in the states Or does he want to attract purists like us that know Manfredo is a turd and this fight is a sham and an easy way for him to get the coveted 20 defenses... And believe me the if this fight is a PPV the contender fans arent shelling out $29-$49 to see him get beat from pillar to post, but I will

Seriously though Joe is as great of a talent as we have seen in the past 25 years but he seems to be more than content about championing mediocrity, you cant make a living off of 1 fight and call yourself great.. Its a shame Joe could be making spectacular fights showcasing his talents, but sadly it wont happen...... Seems like every fight is a tuneup for a big fight that never gets made.... Even the most staunch Calzaghe has to be dissapointed in his last couple choices for opponents...
    Kessler was injured right after the Lacy fight !!! He was at the Lacy fight with an injured wrist and then got easy money for his knockover job against Beyer

Unfortunately hardcore fightfans are few and far between , Kessler is still an unknown and needs to be built up the fight aint worth what it might be in a year or so whilst the hardcore might long to see it truth is Ecomomics dictate .

Id still back Joe

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Dissapointed...Im absolutely LIVID.
    Hate the route he's taking to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I wont be greedy, but like you said if he has at least one of the Lacy performances left I would like to see it against someone that was worldclass and deserving.... I dont think a 41 year old Hopkins  or The undisputed World Middleweight champion that defends his crown and fights Junior Middleweights is the answer either..

He needs to legitimize his foothold in the Supermiddle division. There are a few legitimate threats out there for him to sink his teeth into

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    The Manfredo fight is set up to be a winnable fight against a big name and like it or not Manfredo is big Worldwide purely on the ratings success of 'Contender' both here and Abroad
    OK..... Let's get 1 thing straight Manfredo is known World Wide due to the show. Hes recognized as the guy who lost but got brought back (Only to looose again)
    Thats a fact.....

Same thig applies for even Sergio Mora hes known world wide and he MIGHT have some popiularity around the globe CAUSE he won the tournament but by nay means does that make him the right fight for any champ.

This is for people outside the US that think Manfredo is a popular household name.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahahhahaha

have a CC for that, you should email that to Frank Warren.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Thats a fact.....

This is for people outside the US that think Manfredo is a popular household name.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ha!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#666 Sheep        Manfredo's Mascot 

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats a fact.....

Your missing the point though
    Ask the average Man and he'll have heard of Manfredo over Kessler all day long (like i said purely from a tv show that was a hit across the world)
    There's method behind the madness of fighting Manfredo trust me

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats a fact.....

Your missing the point though
    Ask the average Man and he'll have heard of Manfredo over Kessler all day long (like i said purely from a tv show that was a hit across the world)
    There's method behind the madness of fighting Manfredo trust me
    By that logic Calzaghe should fight Jack Bauer ('24') then.
    It has been a long time since Manfredo has been on the contender YEARS.
    Calzaghe WILL NOT gain any new fans from fighting Manfredo.
    It's not as if people are going to say 'OH SHIT MANFREDO' well
    damn I'm gonna watch then!!.
    NO NEW FANS WILL COME OUT OF THIS, which nullifies the point of fighting
    him.
    Something that would be more attractive for the general public would be
    a Super Middleweight unification bout on HBO.
    #1 vs #2 Super Middleweights according to just about every poll, website and
    sanctioning body. Rather than Calzaghe against that guy that didn't win the contender.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your still not getting it mate...
    It's simply a showcase against someone he's gonna look v v good against.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your still not getting it mate...
    It's simply a showcase against someone he's gonna look v v good against.
    I thought that was suppose to be Bika?

Thread Information