Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Winky Wright vs Oscar Delahoya if oscar gets past Floyd.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Winky Wright vs Oscar Delahoya if oscar gets past Floyd.

i think oscar and winky might fight if delahoya wins against mayweather on may 5th. I dunno winky would be the favorite i guess to beat delahoya. But i think oscar can crack winky too. If soliman gave him trouble so can oscar.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Winky Wright vs Oscar Delahoya if oscar gets past Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro BOXER18
    i think oscar and winky might fight if delahoya wins against mayweather on may 5th. I dunno winky would be the favorite i guess to beat delahoya. But i think oscar can crack winky too. If soliman gave him trouble so can oscar.
    Winky would also have to beat B-Hop.

I don't think Soliman gave Winky trouble, Soliman looked good in the sense that hes a volume puncher and was fighting a defensive fighter like Winky who stands there and let's you get your shots off and then he does his work.

Look at Soliman vs. Mundine does that mean Mundine would beat Winky?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Soliman is a good indication of how Oscar would do against Winky. First of all Soliman is far more the volume puncher than Oscar is, and that's the only way to be affective against Winky, and still he won almost every round in that fight. Another point is that Winky has beaten, and maybe will be every guy who has beaten Oscar should he beat Hopkins. He beat Mosley, and Quartey quite easily, and also dismantled Trinidad. I feel he won the fight against Vargas by a large margin, and also that he beat Taylor by 3-4 rounds. The bigger question is can Oscar beat Floyd, and even if he doesn't he may still fight Winky. At this point I can't see Winky getting back down to 154 so its a fight that won't happen, but if it does Winky would beat Oscar. He has a better jab, he throws more punches, and he gets hit alot less.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way in would happen below 160 at this point. In other words, Oscar won't take the fight, and if he did, he would lose.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be honest I see ODH winning this by a controversial SD by the perception of outworking Winky. Much like Taylor/BHop
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I'll be honest I see ODH winning this by a controversial SD by the perception of outworking Winky. Much like Taylor/BHop
    I think it would look more like Oscar vs Felix Sturm, except Winky would win more clearly.. Don't see how Oscar would get past his jab and do enough to win at 160, even with very generous scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is gonna lose a UD to Mayweather...and it would be the same result if he fought Winky.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I think it would look more like Oscar vs Felix Sturm, except Winky would win more clearly.. Don't see how Oscar would get past his jab and do enough to win at 160, even with very generous scoring.
    I think oscar learned his lesson against BHop that he isn't cut out for 160. I doubt DLH would take this fight at anything higher than 154. Winky just doesn't seem to me to be a strong middleweight. I think ODH would take a very conservative approach in winning a boring controversial SD.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like these "old" American fighters to mix it up a bit insted of always fighting each others. Why not bring in Mundine, Abraham, Kessler and Calzaghe and other new blood.

Both Mundine and Kessler has offered to go down in weight to secure a big fight. Kessler has also accepted later to move up.

We could get some classy "wars" between US and Europe. That would be good for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Beer
    I would like these "old" American fighters to mix it up a bit insted of always fighting each others. Why not bring in Mundine, Abraham, Kessler and Calzaghe and other new blood.

Both Mundine and Kessler has offered to go down in weight to secure a big fight. Kessler has also accepted later to move up.

We could get some classy "wars" between US and Europe. That would be good for the game.
    Have a cc on me. That was a well thought out, relevant post. Which if your +/- tally is any indicator, you haven't been making a lot of.

Thread Information