Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Old Timers HW comeback -who is most legit?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Timers HW comeback -who is most legit?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Old Timers HW comeback -who is most legit?

I think they are all legit. Tommy the weakest. Corrie the strongest.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Old Timers HW comeback -who is most legit?

I think Corrie and Mccall still have a place in the HW picture, obviously not in the top of it but they have a place. IMO Holyfield and Morrison should retire before they get seriously hurt.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't really know about Sanders or McCall at this point... Havent seen either of them fight for so long. Either of them vs Holyfield would help to clear up the picture though... Although I do worry Evander could get hurt against a big puncher still.. Morrison, definetly has no place in a ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Don't really know about Sanders or McCall at this point... Havent seen either of them fight for so long. Either of them vs Holyfield would help to clear up the picture though... Although I do worry Evander could get hurt against a big puncher still.. Morrison, definetly has no place in a ring.
    true. I favour Corrie because he is improvable, and the punch is the last thing to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oliver McCall is a big secret...His only problem is age...The guy hits hard and takes a hell of a shot....Believe me no one is in a rush to fight the old man he can make an up and coming guy look bad....Holy may have one last stride towards the top but he will not get there...Truth is no one on the list will wear a world title
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mcall has deserved a title shot a few times since the 2nd Lennox fight especially after the Akinwande ko win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I think Mcall has deserved a title shot a few times since the 2nd Lennox fight especially after the Akinwande ko win

I think that they are all ranked too low if the rank is for skill and dangerousness. E.g. Corrie Sanders beat WK and went 8 rounds against Vitali one a couple of years ago! McCall is dangerous too.

Close to a TITLE? I think Holyfield might get a shot because of his legacy. However, unfortunately Klitschkos are to tall. But if Chagaev wins over Valuev, then he has a man of the right size.

Corrie Sanders may get a rematch against Wlad, but I dont think its likely that Wlad would want to meet Sanders. Wlad has deveoped but not in a way that makes able to take a southpaw power puncher. Wlad will never be ready for Sanders.
    I think Corries chance is to meet someone in a qualification fight. WHY DO FIGHTERS FIGHT ONCE A YEAR? Why not every 2 or 3 months?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by plinden

I think that they are all ranked too low if the rank is for skill and dangerousness. E.g. Corrie Sanders beat WK and went 8 rounds against Vitali one a couple of years ago! McCall is dangerous too.
    Close to a TITLE? I think Holyfield might get a shot because of his legacy. However, unfortunately Klitschkos are to tall. But if Chagaev wins over Valuev, then he has a man of the right size.

Corrie Sanders may get a rematch against Wlad, but I dont think its likely that Wlad would want to meet Sanders. Wlad has deveoped but not in a way that makes able to take a southpaw power puncher. Wlad will never be ready for Sanders.
    I think Corries chance is to meet someone in a qualification fight. WHY DO FIGHTERS FIGHT ONCE A YEAR? Why not every 2 or 3 months?
    He beat Wlad ages ago and he had his chance vs Vitali and got one sided beating Corrie is finished as world title challenger and Wlad would beat Sanders at this point in both of there Careers and i voted for Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

He beat Wlad ages ago and he had his chance vs Vitali and got one sided beating Corrie is finished as world title challenger and Wlad would beat Sanders at this point in both of there Careers and i voted for Holyfield
    I disagree, nothing in Wlads development makes him sufficiently prepared for Sanders. Sanders can beat Chagaev, Valuev, Briggs (easily), Sam Peter and the rest. I just think they are scared of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's got to be Holyfield, Sanders will never get a shot because of his lack of a legacy or any marketability, despite probably being the most talented fighter out of the 4. Morrison needs to retire before he gets mangled and embarresed. McCall was never anything great in his prime. After all the guys crowning acheivement was getting lucky against Lewis. 'Vander will get a shot and I think he will win against anyone apart from Wlad and Sam Peter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"One sided beating" not at all; if Wlad had been hit w these punches he would have been done. Vitali is shaken several times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Corrie rules.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPU6ZYmPF3o&NR

ICB Guest

"One sided beating" not at all; if Wlad had been hit w these punches he would have been done. Vitali is shaken several times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Corrie rules.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPU6ZYmPF3o&NR

it was pretty much one sided beating he had ok first round ok 2nd round but after that he was done just look at wikipedia

Sanders vacated the WBO title in December 2003 so that he could concentrate on a challenge for the vacant WBC belt. The fight took place on April 24 of 2004, against Wladimir's older brother, Vitali. He was stopped by Vitali in the eighth round of a one-sided fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Sanders was considerably slower than the trim Klitschko and failed to land any significant blows throughout the fight.

and punchstats

Klitschko Sanders
    Landed 230 51
    Thrown 413 229
    Pct. 56% 22%

Klitschko Sanders
    Landed 171 42
    Thrown 285 139
    Pct. 60% 30%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, I'd say Corrie will go the farthest on his comeback trail.

WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by USA LOVES THE KLITSCHOS
    True, I'd say Corrie will go the farthest on his comeback trail.
    Only if that trail leads to the nearest golf course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    It's got to be Holyfield, Sanders will never get a shot because of his lack of a legacy or any marketability, despite probably being the most talented fighter out of the 4. Morrison needs to retire before he gets mangled and embarresed. McCall was never anything great in his prime. After all the guys crowning acheivement was getting lucky against Lewis. 'Vander will get a shot and I think he will win against anyone apart from Wlad and Sam Peter.

No thats where you are wrong...McCall was a talent like none other he threw it away on drugs....If not for his habits he would have been a top fighter of his era
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information