Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Love Boxing, but Boxing community needs to understand MMA.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Love Boxing, but Boxing community needs to understand MMA.

First of all, let me say this is not about what is better: boxing or MMA. If you want to debate that then we might as well start a Hockey vs. Football thread.
    This being a boxing forum, I would also like to say I'm not ripping on Boxing; I love it, always have, but rather that a lot of die-hard boxing fans, including some of my friends have approached the subject of mixed martial arts with a complete lack of knowledge. Often times I've experienced in discussion, these people say they respect established marital arts, but at the same time are totally unaware when they are utilized in MMA. Perhaps it's just me, but sometimes they think pretty much any other combat sport other than boxing is supposed to look like a choreographed Kung-fu movie.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mma is a growing sport that needs A LOT of development, and the fighters are either called "bar-room brawlers" or UFC is ripped on for having WWE production styles. Well all I want to say is that there is a whole mma underground globally, not just UFC, with somewhere around 30 000 sactioned fighters, who more or less dedicate their whole lives to a new sport and most of the time get no respect. Go to a reputable MMA gym, and these fighters are extremely hard-working.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing community needs to understand MMA

Hey! Welcome to the forum bro! I know NOTHING about MMA so please,explain to me what I need to understand??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing community needs to understand MMA

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Hey! Welcome to the forum bro! I know NOTHING about MMA so please,explain to me what I need to understand??
    haha, ya, that kind of came out bad. Just that where I come from, MMA gets no respect, wether it be for the "mma striking" which does not nearly have the refinement of boxing, or because of the ground game, which is usually called homoerotic or not even fighting. Just wanted to say give credit where credit is due and realize mma needs time and development and that these fighters do train in several different styles.

Thread Information