User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Jones may return in June!

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Jones may return in June!

Roy Jones Jr. may return on June 9 against Tony Hanshaw in a bout fought in the light heavyweight division.

Read Full Article Here Scroll Down The Page To Find It http://www.fightnews.com/

Anybody ever heard of Tony Hanshaw hopefully this is last average opponent Jones Faces then he can get bigger fights.

But saying that i just had a look at his record and he is 21 wins 14 kos 0 losses so maybe this is good step up for Jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones may return in June!

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Roy Jones Jr. may return on June 9 against Tony Hanshaw in a bout fought in the light heavyweight division.

Read Full Article Here Scroll Down The Page To Find It http://www.fightnews.com/

Anybody ever heard of Tony Hanshaw hopefully this is last average opponent Jones Faces then he can get bigger fights.

But saying that i just had a look at his record and he is 21 wins 14 kos 0 losses so maybe this is good step up for Jones.
    only time will tell...but I have never heard of this Hanshaw guy...I personally think RJJ is done...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, there's nothing I want to see more than Roy Jones come back and kick some ass again and win a world title. But the fact of the matter is he hasn't been the same for a long time. He's been KOed pretty badly by Tarver and really badly by Glen Johnson. That KO had me nervous and scared cause I thought he might not get up. Jones "fell in sections" (as Ray "Boom-Boom" Mancini likes to say), and was laying there like almost convulsing (i imagine he was trying to get up but his brain wasnt relaying the message to the body all the way or something because the brain stem had totally been jarred by the punch), with his tongue lolling out of his mouth. I was like damn. that's it...that's it for him. And I been a Roy Jones fan for a long time. I seen all his fights since he fought Glenn Thomas and Bernard Hopkins back in the day. But some boxing styles are based on inhumanly fast reflexes; which in time like everything else, begin to fade. When Roy Jones' reflexes began to slow down as he aged; even by fractions of a second, he became human; he became able to be hit. And since he was so good before he was able to jump divisions and was competing in weight classes where he was fighting opponents with far bigger body frames than he naturally had. Roy Jones wasnt a natural light heavyweight; he was a more natural size for a middle or supermiddleweight, so when these bigger guys became able to hit him, he went down.

I guess what I'm saying is Roy needs to be careful when he fights now. That shucking/jiving loose stance with the hands down isn't gonna work anymore as he's not got the speed to get them up like he used to. He is gonna have to make some modifications and changes to his stance and style and that's gonna take practice and a lotta sparring. He cannot afford another mistake as another KO could have devastating effects on him mentally.

From what I know about this Hanshaw guy, he is a young guy who has some good amateur experience; he was eliminated from the Olympic trials by Jermaine Taylor himself. Hanshaw said he only lost to Taylor by one point. As a pro, he is undefeated. That means he will be willing to take risks that other fighters who have been made familiar with their own vulnerability may not necessarily take - and more often. This could be a much tougher fight for Roy than most people think. But after he hands Hanshaw his first "O" as a pro, he is rumored to be back in the picture to be in line for either the winner of Hopkins-Wright or the winner of Calzaghe-Kessler/Taylor (whichever ends up being made). Then Roy can grab the microphone and address all those people and tell them, "Y'ALL MUSTA FORGOT!!!"

Will there be another Roy Jones?
    Probly not.
    Stopped Virgil Hill with a body shot.
    Y'ALL MUSTA FORGOT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

only time will tell...but I have never heard of this Hanshaw guy...I personally think RJJ is done...
    Firm bur fair mate. Id be inclined to agree. Just dont really see RJJ enhancing his career anymore, all these fights against no ones to the general public are not making his career any greater, i think he just wants to go out with a few wins instead of being tainted by the Tarver defeats. Roy please dont try having a crack at the top again, becuase it will only end it tears.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I think is that Roy Jones might fall into the trap of his own hype, what with beating fighters that are top 50 ranked by boxrec, and then think he's up to beating the top 3 in whatever division he's plying his trade in. At the end of the day, I don;t mind him putting a few journeymen to bed to give himself a victorious retirement, but if he does go for one of the big names again, I share Cockney's fears that it could end in disaster, cause after all he has to remember about the life after boxing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

Firm bur fair mate. Id be inclined to agree. Just dont really see RJJ enhancing his career anymore, all these fights against no ones to the general public are not making his career any greater, i think he just wants to go out with a few wins instead of being tainted by the Tarver defeats. Roy please dont try having a crack at the top again, becuase it will only end it tears.
    Agreed. Jones Jr, as great as he was is not the fighter he was....a couple of easy fights and hopefully it will end there...

His knockout losses really were evidence of a change in Jones Jr....such changes at his age can seldom be reversed...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones isnt guna make much of a statement beating this guy . He's got nothing to gain and everything to lose so he maybe better off taking a risk by fighting someone decent who he isnt expecting to beat cuz if he loses people will just say he was washed up anyway but if he wins he is right back in the picture. Realistic opponents ;

Silvio Branco - If Roy can convince the right people in teh right places that he deserves a title shot based on past achievements liek Erik Morales has done then this is a winnable fight . One im sure Silvio would take for the late career payday and exposure it would bring him . Branco doesnt do anything that greta so Jones even at this late stage should be able to atleast match him

Clinton Woods - The first fight was very one sided and although their careers have gone in opposite directions since if Jones still has the self belief he can beat Clinton again then that will be a physcological advantage . Woods doesnt pressure that eefectively and Jones showed against prince Adjamu that he can still run and pick his shots . Its not inconceivable to see Jones taking this on points .

Bernard Hopkins
    - Both are old men looking to get their last shot at money and fame so this rematc is natural . Jopnes isnt risking much as Hopkins has never maintained a high pace or packed a huge punch so it has distance fight written all over it .

The talk of him fighting Mikkel Kessler is unrealistic. He shouldnt take that fight if he values his health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hanshaw is the guy who won the super middleweight tournament on Showtime. And he won it too imo. He has a good record and was the most impressive i think. Undefeated too,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are we talking about Anthony Hanshaw??

if we are then i must agree with P.G.H. Angel eyes he is a good all around young fighter who i also believe won the super middleweight tournament but got a draw against also undefeated fighter Jean Paul Mendy.

his record now stands 21-0-1 with 14kos

i think he stands a chance
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............. ............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was talk of RJJ fighting Zsolt Erdei,but apparently he demanded unreasonably high
    payment...so the fight didn't happen (yet...)...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Thread Information