Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Two Decades Later. Marvelous Marvin Returns!

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Two Decades Later. Marvelous Marvin Returns!

Two Decades Later. Marvelous Marvin Returns!

Michael Marley
    4/1/2007

Call this The Blessed Mother Of All Comebacks. Our Italian-based correspondent Jamie "Where Yat" Dell'Apa Sunday confirmed the rumors that, indeed, Marvelous Marvin Hagler is returning to the ring.

Hagler, who turns 53 on May 23, said that he feels divine intervention is a part of his sudden and shocking comeback. Hagler left the sport and never looked back after losing a controversial decision to Sugar Ray Leonard on April 6, 1987.

Hagler said his return after a 20-year retirement was inspired by a short convo he had with The Pope recently.

"My friend is a multimillionaire Milano industrialist who hangs out with 16-year-old models," Hagler said. "But he is also a food supplier to the Vatican and he has connections at the Holy See. So he invited me to Rome and I spoke with Il Papa. The Pope blessed my comeback but said I must share some of my earnings with the less fortunate.

Hagler said his first bout would come in July in Palermo, Sicily, perhaps against "someone easy like Roy Jones if he can get down to 160 pounds." After that, Hagler said he would target Oscar De La Hoya or Floyd Mayweather.

"I will not fight Edison Miranda," Hagler said. "That guy scares me. Lou DiBella told me he eats tainted roadkill so I will ignore La Pantera."

Hagler's old promoter, Bob Arum, welcomed the news.

"What am I, a schmuck? You think I cross The Pope, so to speak. I say yontiff to the Pontiff. This is great news for Top Rank. I will throw someone shekels in the poorbox myself."

Reached in London, where he is trying to convince anyone named Manfredo that he knows more about top-level boxing than they do, Leonard also he welcomed the www.boxingconfidential.com 4/1/07 intergalactic exclusive.

"Let me call Angie Dundee right away," Leonard said. "I knew Marvin would be back. He is still bitter about that decision in Vegas. I will give him another chance. But he best remember, we play by my rules."

(Rules rhymes with fools as in April Fool's Day!)

(mlcmarley@aol.com)

Article:
    http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1112

I know I posted an april fools one of my own this morning but this guy got my azz and I am sure some of you will fall for it too. I was excited. Imagine Hearns and Hagler II.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two Decades Later. Marvelous Marvin Returns!

Haha. No way I fell for this one. Hagler is a fascinating character, he seems very content in retirement and expresses no regrets or bitterness about walking away.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Haha. No way I fell for this one. Hagler is a fascinating character, he seems very content in retirement and expresses no regrets or bitterness about walking away.
    I was sort of excited. The site is real and I read their articles from time to time. After I got fooled, they had another article saying Mayweather Jr/De La Hoya fight cancelled. The replies they got from some of the readers. They were not happy.
    I was not going to fall for that one though

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I woke up this morning saying "The fight isn't getting canceled and Ali didn't die"

Luckily enough no clown posted the Ali thing but when I saw your thread I didn't click. Especially knowing you

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I woke up this morning saying "The fight isn't getting canceled and Ali didn't die"

Luckily enough no clown posted the Ali thing but when I saw your thread I didn't click. Especially knowing you
    I still owe you a CC from this morning. I have to go back and CC everyone who enjoyed the assualt and Nut Hugging article

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    "My friend is a multimillionaire Milano industrialist who hangs out with 16-year-old models," Hagler said. "But he is also a food supplier to the Vatican and he has connections at the Holy See.
    The second I read this part I knew what this was about.....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hagler was great in Iron Eagle.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahahahaha
    My brother used to say that too

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had an ongoing thing with someone a while back but I forget who it was. They thought I was serious so they set me straight that it was Louis Gossett Jr, I said isnt that the Mexican in Young Guns?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yesterday i read KOBE BRYANT Scored 97pts againts TORONTO. and now this .......

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My friend is a multimillionaire Milano industrialist who hangs out with 16-year-old models,

I want to be friends with this guy too :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    My friend is a multimillionaire Milano industrialist who hangs out with 16-year-old models,

I want to be friends with this guy too :P
    Well....... It's ME!!!
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Thread Information