Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Would Ali Have Done In 90s

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default How Would Ali Have Done In 90s

How would prime Ali have done in this era ill make few match ups and see if you agree

Lennox Lewis vs Ali = Ali outjab's Lewis and wins decision

Riddick Bowe vs Ali = Ali to quick on his feet and jab would give Bowe problems Ali wins decision

Ray Mercer vs Ali = Ali way way to quick for Mercer and wins comfortable decision

Mike Tyson vs Ali = Doesn't matter if its early 90s Tyson or late 90s Tyson Ali stops Tyson late

Evander Holyfield vs Ali = In good fight Ali wins decision but this fight would be bit harder than people expect

Tommy Morrison vs Ali = No doubt in my mind Ali stops Morrison in middle rounds

Oliver McCall vs Ali = Ali shuts out Oliver and wins one sided decision

Right i think i covered most of them do you guys and girls agree with this ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Would Ali Have Done In 90s

Evander's Heart, desire and determination is 2nd to none.. Even bigger than Ali's I think Holyfield and Tyson could both beat Ali... Tyson is to animalistic, fast and explosive

Lewis has all the tools to beat Ali- Pick em

Bowe had the ability but would have to put on a vituoso career defineing performance 80/20 % chance he could beat Ali.

I agree with the rest of your assesments

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Evander's Heart, desire and determination is 2nd to none.. Even bigger than Ali's I think Holyfield and Tyson could both beat Ali... Tyson is to animalistic, fast and explosive

Lewis has all the tools to beat Ali- Pick em

Bowe had the ability but would have to put on a vituoso career defineing performance 80/20 % chance he could beat Ali.

I agree with the rest of your assesments
    Holyfield wouldn't beat Ali in his prime Ali would just stay on outside and jab jab jab Holyfield and 90s Tyson certainly wouldn't beat Ali i mean he made very hard work to beat slow plodding Razor Ruddock 80s Tyson would have better shot but remember Jt were on about 90s version

Bowe wouldn't beat Ali either i mean he struggled to beat old shot Tubbs and imo Tubbs was robbed and alot of people think that aswell and in 2nd Holyfield fight he gave Bowe all kinds of trouble when he boxed on outside and Ali would do same except he has quicker feet than Holyfield and quicker hands and would win decision

Lewis allowed a 5 foot 11 Ray Mercer to give him all sorts of trouble with his jab and Lewis was out jabbed by Frank Bruno i think Ali would out jab Lewis and win decision Lewis may knock Ali down but he wouldn't ko him and Ali would win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox and Bowe would both stop him

Ali would out point Mercer and McCall

Tyson would get disqualified

Ali would win a 2-1 trilogy with Holyfield

and Ali would knock Morrison out.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"BIG" Gorge Foreman was only 220 Pounds when he fought Ali. Bowe at peak was a round 240, Lewis nearer 250, would have to be a factor
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    "BIG" Gorge Foreman was only 220 Pounds when he fought Ali. Bowe at peak was a round 240, Lewis nearer 250, would have to be a factor
    240 for Bowe wasn't his peak weight he was bit fat at 240 Bowe's prime weight was 230 to 235 and if 217 Holyfield could win decision against Bowe why can't Ali ?? Lewis isn't that fast and allows himself to be out jabbed by smaller men Mercer Bruno ect i don't see why Ali can't decision Lewis.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali was flattened by 13st Henry Cooper.

I don't see any reason why he would of took Lewis power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now if were talking him in his primes years in the 90s .........evryone gets murdered

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Ali was flattened by 13st Henry Cooper.

I don't see any reason why he would of took Lewis power.
    Oh please Ali was inexperienced and green against Cooper he just got caught with picture perfect hook remember Marciano was only 180s pounds and is considered top 5 hardest hitter of all time sometimes size doesn't mean anything if they get good leverage into punch and there whole body weight behind it which Cooper did and he easily beat Cooper in rematch and Ali has also been hit by hardest heavyweight punchers of all time and not gone down Lewis has also been koed by average fighters Oliver and Rahman and Lewis was also having hell with 5 foot 11 Ray Mercers jab and Bowe isn't that great of outside fighter he got rocked and put down by much smaller Holyfield and was also outboxed by old shot Tony Tubbs who had drug problems if i remember right before Bowe fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ALI ISIN'T SUPERMAN.... He has been beat, if Norton and Frazier beat Ali than so could Tyson and Holyfield...

ICB Guest

ALI ISIN'T SUPERMAN.... He has been beat, if Norton and Frazier beat Ali than so could Tyson and Holyfield...
    No one said he is and if your saying that then we might aswell say if Holyfield could beat Tyson so could Ali

Norton was bad style match up for Ali because he had very weird defense that only Tim Witherspoon and Archie Moore were similar in hw divison

Ali rushed into Fraizer fight and fair play got beat but didn't he beat Fraizer easily next two times ??

Tyson wasn't so great in 90s and i think Ali would stop Tyson late.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hold up Ice cold

You can't point out the other guys weaknesses and bad fights but excuse Ali's faults/failings.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Hold up Ice cold

You can't point out the other guys weaknesses and bad fights but excuse Ali's faults/failings.
    Not at all Ali had fault's he had off days like every boxer but its well known he was green against Cooper and Cooper got lucky punch and it was very very hard punch that would of knocked most boxers out but he got up come out for next round and stopped Cooper where as Lewis got floored twice and got koed twice.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Ali's jaw is among the best in boxing history, and so is his hear. Even if Tyson managed o put him down he wouldn't stay down. Tyson had bad stamina, he had trouble when moved backwards and Ali would have absolutely mindfucked Tyson. I would pick Ali to beat Tyson 9 out of 10 times and I rate Tyson fairly high. But Ali was made to beat him.

The only 2 people who have a shot are Holyfield and Lewis imo. And I haven't seen enough of either of them losing to see who wins.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Ali's jaw is among the best in boxing history, and so is his hear. Even if Tyson managed o put him down he wouldn't stay down. Tyson had bad stamina, he had trouble when moved backwards and Ali would have absolutely mindfucked Tyson. I would pick Ali to beat Tyson 9 out of 10 times and I rate Tyson fairly high. But Ali was made to beat him.

The only 2 people who have a shot are Holyfield and Lewis imo. And I haven't seen enough of either of them losing to see who wins.
    Problem is Amat and im probably alone on this is that people believe Tyson hype i mean he was good fighter but not as good as some people say he struggled against Tucker and Tillis he had good handspeed good headmovement but isn't unbeatable like people say he koed alot of bums beat few good opponents but not A+ fighters only great opponent he beat in his prime was Spinks people need to realize is that Tyson struggled against B fighters like Tillis who almost won decision and Tucker who put up good arguement shame he injured his hand in first round Tyson isn't an unbeatable fighter and people need to actually look back and see who he actually beat and who he actually struggled against and maybe they might change there minds.

Thread Information