Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manfredo inspired by Raging Bull

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Manfredo inspired by Raging Bull

Peter Manfredo Jr says a style modelled on boxing legend Jake LaMotta will help him dethrone Joe Calzaghe.

Full Article Here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6524173.stm

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manfredo inspired by Raging Bull

"See LaMotta in Raging Bull and it's me - just without the brutal part with his wife and all that nonsense," Manfredo said.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo is talking RAGING BULL***T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i must be the only Boxing Fan in the world who thinks Raging Bull was load a shite .

The fights scenes were utter shit De Niro was a big fat plum and Joe Pesci played Tommy De Vito from Goodfellas ..........so what !?

Black and white motion picture documenting one of the most overated fighters of all time.

If i met Robert De Niro id ask him to play a role where he isint Robert De Niro doing what Robert De Niro always does ie sneer at the camera with a dramatic pause .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

i must be the only Boxing Fan in the world who thinks Raging Bull was load a shite .

The fights scenes were utter S*** De Niro was a big fat plum and Joe Pesci played Tommy De Vito from Goodfellas ..........so what !?

Black and white motion picture documenting one of the most overated fighters of all time.

If i met Robert De Niro id ask him to play a role where he isint Robert De Niro doing what Robert De Niro always does ie sneer at the camera with a dramatic pause .

Do you ever NOT talk s***?

Seriously. Lamotta is an ATG, and DeNiro is a legend. You're a gay pirate. WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fights scenes were utter shit De Niro was a big fat plum and Joe Pesci played Tommy De Vito from Goodfellas ..........so what !?

your an idiot. de niro is probably the best actor of our era mate.
    he had to put on crazy amounts of weight to play the fat la mota. and he had to live like a fighter to play young lamota. he had amature fights to get into the role properly. he actually worked as a new york cab driver for some weeks ot prepare for taxi driver. he had his teeth filed down to almost fangs to look creepy in cape fear. bobby deniro is a legend.
    any any fighter that manages to beat sugar ray robbinson in his prime is hardly over rated mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy

The fights scenes were utter S*** De Niro was a big fat plum and Joe Pesci played Tommy De Vito from Goodfellas ..........so what !?

he had to put on crazy amounts of weight to play the fat la mota. and he had to live like a fighter to play young lamota. he had amature fights to get into the role properly. he actually worked as a new york cab driver for some weeks ot prepare for taxi driver. he had his teeth filed down to almost fangs to look creepy in cape fear. bobby deniro is a legend.
    any any fighter that manages to beat sugar ray robbinson in his prime is hardly over rated mate.
    CC for you. That's what I was saying, only less eloquently. My urge to call Gordy a gay pirate just got the best of me. I apologize. lol

SigmaMu Guest

The movie was stupid as the day is long.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the link Ice Cold!!

Made me chuckle a few times!!!

Manfredo is in for a serious whooping!!!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Raging Bull is a fantastic film and DeNiro plays the role of LaMotta very well.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    CC for the link Ice Cold!!

Made me chuckle a few times!!!

Manfredo is in for a serious whooping!!!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

The movie was stupid as the day is long.

haha thats quality Danny

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry but i love that
    hahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

"See LaMotta in Raging Bull and it's me - just without the brutal part with his wife and all that nonsense," Manfredo said.

LOL Yeah, that sounds like David Brent alright...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber
    Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy

CC for you. That's what I was saying, only less eloquently. My urge to call Gordy a gay pirate just got the best of me. I apologize. lol
    Can you please tell me what is so good about watching De Niro play an average Mob controlled fighter ?

Also please for god sake explain to me what makes De Niro such a great actor ?

He plays the same person in every single film and the 'Mob Mentality ' that controls Holywood are afraid to disaggree !!

The fight scenes were some of the worst ever the cuts look like they were inflicted by an ice pick and to say that De Niro was a good boxer actor is a slur to every fighter that ever lived even the choreagraphed fight scenes he moves like he's got a Ferret crawling up his arse !!

De Niro is the second most overated human being after Emmanuel Steward .

If you want to see a great performence full of emotion watch Forrest Whittaker in ' king of scotland ' or Gary Oldman in Dracula now they are good actors compare that with RDN in Frankenstien i honestly thought it was a comedy .

Watching Robert De Niro is like listening to the Lighthouse Family or watching Ainsley Harriot cook .

Thread Information