Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Would Gerald McClellan do today?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How Would Gerald McClellan do today?

Everyone knows I'm a huge G-man fan, despite whatever speculation about his out of ring life, I think the world of his ability and power freakish aggressiveness.. Tragedy aside, I feel that the G-man would dominate this era quite easily.... His Boxing ability and speed were vastly underrated and overshadowed by his bludgeoning power..

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Jermain Taylor- with Taylors propensity to back into corners and the ropes would spell his demise, Gerald knocks him in to tomorrow

Winky Wright- to small and not enough fire power to keep McClellan off of him.. those helacious punches would find there way through the guard

Bernard Hopkins- This one would be interesting due to Hopkins defense and toughness, Hopkins had good power himself, this one would probably be the closest.

Edison Miranda- this one would mirror his fights with Julian Jackson

Arthur Abraham- just plain gets murdered

Felix Strum, Kelly Pavlik, Javier Castillejo all wouldn't make it out of the 3rd round

What are your guys thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Would Gerald McClellan do today?

I agree with pretty much everything you said,

Winky really wouldn't be able to deflect every G-FORCE ( ! ) punch , some would sneak through and knock him down.

Hopkins would be the tricky one, he has the footwork and craftiness to negate Geralds power and frustrate him possibly.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC JT,I really liked Mclennan as a boxer,great fighter. I could not believe he blew Jackson out like that and I agree with your analysis too.He would annihilate most of the guys there right now.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gerald would be something special in this middleweight division

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Everyone knows I'm a huge G-man fan, despite whatever speculation about his out of ring life, I think the world of his ability and power freakish aggressiveness.. Tragedy aside, I feel that the G-man would dominate this era quite easily.... His Boxing ability and speed were vastly underrated and overshadowed by his bludgeoning power..

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Jermain Taylor- with Taylors propensity to back into corners and the ropes would spell his demise, Gerald knocks him in to tomorrow

Winky Wright- to small and not enough fire power to keep McClellan off of him.. those helacious punches would find there way through the guard

Bernard Hopkins- This one would be interesting due to Hopkins defense and toughness, Hopkins had good power himself, this one would probably be the closest.

Felix Strum, Kelly Pavlik, Javier Castillejo all wouldn't make it out of the 3rd round

CC#489JT nice thread.... I agree with all your comments on the fights....

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC JT,I really liked Mclennan as a boxer,great fighter. I could not believe he blew Jackson out like that and I agree with your analysis too.He would annihilate most of the guys there right now.
    CC# 1500 Alright!! El Gamo.....

I agree man the sh*t! he did to JJ was insane..... JJ knockouts are some of the best all time and he surely is IMO underrated to some extent.....

As for how he would do today forget it, the only one I see giving him trouble would be B-Hop.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Rawdigga,CC back my man!!! Thanks! I see you have had your SC'S reseet,I knew it was at 10,000 posts!"!! Yeo,JJ is under rated imo,P4P,one of the biggest punchers I have seen. I mean where the heck do these guys get their power?!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Rawdigga,CC back my man!!! Thanks! I see you have had your SC'S reseet,I knew it was at 10,000 posts!"!! Yeo,JJ is under rated imo,P4P,one of the biggest punchers I have seen. I mean where the heck do these guys get their power?!
    It must be divine intervention

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    It must be divine intervention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

# 1502 and 1324 respectively to the 2 of you Roberto and Gamo

I was thinking SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT

Joe Calzaghe- Joe has the workrate and elusiveness and ability to show angles, I still think Gerald can take him by round 6

Mikkel Kessler- I feel the same what the outcome as I do with the Calzaghe fight

Anthony Mundine- Gone by round 3

Carl Froch- Unless he learns to keep his hands up he aint gonna last 2 long I'll say 1st round KO

Jeff Lacy - Same as Miranda

Allan Green- Gets chased all over the arena through the crowd WWE style until G-man KO's him in the Locker room

Not trying to be a fanboy but if someone see any of these guys winning please elaborate, I just cant see it happening

ICB Guest

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Nice thread Jt first have for the effort secondly i do agree Gerald had iron chin great heart and way he just come right out was damn frightening i find it hard for any of middleweights to beat him today Wright's defensive style would do him no good Gerald would just punch his arms off with his devastating power and i agree with Hopkins doing the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Nice thread Jt first have for the effort secondly i do agree Gerald had iron chin great heart and way he just come right out was damn frightening i find it hard for any of middleweights  to beat him today Wright's defensive style would do him no good Gerald would just punch his arms off with his devastating power and i agree with Hopkins doing the best.
    Thanks Ice  #708  in return

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Winky Wright would block many of Gerald's punches, seriously if you got G-Man past the 5th round he'd tire.

And Winky has a solid defense and some of Geralds best shots were looping shots and shots from the outside, do you think for one moment he'd catch Winky with one? And even if he caught him with the one and stunned him he wouldn't catch him with the other,

Winky could outbox Gerald. So could Hopkins. I agree with everything else you said.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor lumped up Winky bad with "Glove Shots" McClellan throws some straight shots bro.. McClellan smokes Winky

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor lumped up Winky bad with "Glove Shots" McClellan throws some straight shots bro.. McClellan smokes Winky

Tayloe has better technique then Gerald. Not better power I aint fond of Taylor but his technique(at least in that fight) is better then Gerald's. Gerald had more power a better chin and greater athleticism. But in terms of form and technique Taylor has it over him(as in fundamentals throwing shots etc)

Gerald just had a crazy style Fun to watch but crazy Winky wouldn't get hit as much as he did with Taylor because for one, Gerald wouldn't be trying to box and forcing Winky to come toward him, Winky would be on the back step all night and he would frustrate Gerald and outbox him.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

Tayloe has better technique then Gerald.  Not better power   I aint fond of Taylor but his technique(at least in that fight) is better then Gerald's.  Gerald had more power a better chin and greater athleticism.  But in terms of form and technique Taylor has it over him(as in fundamentals throwing shots etc) 

Gerald just had a crazy style   Fun to watch but crazy   Winky wouldn't get hit as much as he did with Taylor because for one, Gerald wouldn't be trying to box and forcing Winky to come toward him, Winky would be on the back step all night and he would frustrate Gerald and outbox him. 
    I really disagree with you there.... No way Jermain Taylor is a better Boxer than Gerald McClellan, Winky was having all sorts of trouble with Taylors power and it isin't even a fraction of what McClellan... Also stamina isint an issue winging leather all nite with Nigel Benn and then collapsing from brain trauma in round 10 aint telling me anything substanital about Gerald tiring after 5 rounds especially after he dropped Nigel in round 8

Thread Information