0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~To All Joe Calzaghe supporters~

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    OK.......

So he did what he was suppose to do win the fight, now people will say the fight was stopped to early so now putting the Bika showing and this early stoppage....

What was all this talk about this fight being a market move as far as fighting Manfredo to catapult Joe into the US market.....

I'm willing to bet EVERYTHING I own that THIS fight DID NOT DO A SINGLE THING AS FAR AS catapult or move up Joe into the US market.....

So now what?
    I think that your'e wrong.

Period.

He showed out tonight/today & when it's rebroadcast tonight more people will see it.

It's going to have served it's purpose & anyone that wasn't impressed with Joe's night out...oh well...so what.

It was the ref...not Joe. Calzaghe did his work & he won the fight & woulda stopped him.

Period.

Are you actually trying to make us believe that was a good stoppage....Pass the buck off to the Ref

I suppose you believe that Kesslers people declined the fight as well??

Hell Larry Merchant would not even let Warren talk because he knew it was going to nothing but a crock of S***!!!! Out of his mouth.....

The Lacey fight was then this is now!!!!!

I love how Calzaghe REFUSED!!!!!!! To Address the possibility of a Kessler Fight!!!!

I suppose that was the ref's fault...
    Wow Daxx...you really just ran with what I typed & started yourself a pointless argument.

Joe fought...& well I might add.

The ref stopped it. Not Joe. No where did I say it was a good stoppage...so don't try to make out like I did.

Joe Calzaghe (42 fights with no losses & 31 ko's) vs. Peter Manfredo jr. (29 fights with 26 wins, 3 losses, & 12 ko's) Round 3: Manfredo comes out firing this time. Joe jabbing & then counters with a hard right hand & then a left. Damn. He’s all over him. Vicious combo’s from Joe. Super fast. Nice. Big left hand stunned Manfredo. Ripping body work & then combos up top. Joe is just hammering him to pieces. It’s over!

Round to Joe by a landslide...but that should not have been stopped.
    Hope that helped.

If it didn’t…here’s a little more info for those not in the know:

I really REALLY wish that that had gone the distance...but then again...Manfredo wasn't throwing S*** the entire time.
    Now Daxx...in closing...as far as me actually trying to make you or whoever believe that was a good stoppage...that should have just been cleared up...but as far as Joe's performance...what was wrong with it?

That's how he always fights & he did look good...no matter what that picklehead from the reality show said...he felt those pitty pat punches. Now...how does one pass the buck from a fighter off to a Ref

Again...Joe did not stop the fight...the ref did & this is no fault of Joe's.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wakko, in all honesty (i know you will NEVER like or watch or even not hate MMA) if ODH was gonna face B-HOP in MMA would you watch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    maybe its just joes luck, he seem to not get over that hump for most people in the states. he really needs that kessler fight thats all and he needs to win BIG. that lacy fight is really getting old and just getting less credit for beating lacy who was after all this just hype.
    Totally agree. He does need Kessler...& honestly...if Kessler starts fighting other fighters...NAME fighters...it could turn sour & Joe might end up needing Kessler more than Kess needs Joe.

Again...I will agree that the Lacy fight is getting old...but it's also unfair how everyone has stated that Jeff Lacy was nothing more than an over hyped fighter...because Lacy really was a good fighter...but I truly do believe that Joe beat it out of him. I don/'t think that he'll ever be the same because of what Joe did to him.

Thing is...everyone can remember & applaude Tarver for what he did to Jones...but if you start propping Calzaghe on the Lacy win...it's not accepted in the same vain. Sure Jones was the greater fighter...but what Joe did should not be discounted by everyone just slagging off on Lacy...the men he beat...they didn't just lay out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    also joe talking about fighting the likes of taylor bhop and winky doesn't help it just brings dissapointment because it just isn't happening and joe is just looking more and more just a big talker.
    Again...if he don't fight Kess...fwock it.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    wakko, in all honesty (i know you will NEVER like or watch or even not hate MMA) if ODH was gonna face B-HOP in MMA would you watch?
    Nope. That shit aint boxing...they aint martial artists...& I don't live in a gotdam trailer park nor do I have to hook up the rabbit ears to watch my sport. :P

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well my point here was that this suppose 'catapulting'/'coming out party Vol.2' (since Bika was suppose to be Vol.1) wasn't any better then the Bika one....

IMO it did nothing....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Nope. That shit aint boxing...they aint martial artists...& I don't live in a gotdam trailer park nor do I have to hook up the rabbit ears to watch my sport. :P
    hahaha

i see where ur coming from

i cannot watch most UFC cuz the guys kind of suck balls but i cannot avoid DLing pride PPVs, or at least i couldnt while the yakuza run DSE owned them... who knbows wtf the UFC company will do with it tho

theyve already announced they are taking away soccer kicks, 15 minute rounds, and overall fight scoring, its become UFC in a ring

there is one last DSE pride catrd left tho... and i shall enjoy it tommorow morning when i wake up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, in this fight everyone achieved what they were supposed to, HBO got a showcase of Calzaghe's talents, Calzaghe made some dough, Frank Warren madea lot of dough, and everyone knew who Manfredo was so the fans tuned in. Period. Real boxing fans didn't get anything tonight off HBO. That came from showtime, it was beautiful.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    OK.......

So he did what he was suppose to do win the fight, now people will say the fight was stopped to early so now putting the Bika showing and this early stoppage....

What was all this talk about this fight being a market move as far as fighting Manfredo to catapult Joe into the US market.....

I'm willing to bet EVERYTHING I own that THIS fight DID NOT DO A SINGLE THING AS FAR AS catapult or move up Joe into the US market.....

So now what?
    I think that your'e wrong.

Period.

He showed out tonight/today & when it's rebroadcast tonight more people will see it.

It's going to have served it's purpose & anyone that wasn't impressed with Joe's night out...oh well...so what.

It was the ref...not Joe. Calzaghe did his work & he won the fight & woulda stopped him.

Period.

Are you actually trying to make us believe that was a good stoppage....Pass the buck off to the Ref

I suppose you believe that Kesslers people declined the fight as well??

Hell Larry Merchant would not even let Warren talk because he knew it was going to nothing but a crock of S***!!!! Out of his mouth.....

The Lacey fight was then this is now!!!!!

I love how Calzaghe REFUSED!!!!!!! To Address the possibility of a Kessler Fight!!!!

I suppose that was the ref's fault...
    Wow Daxx...you really just ran with what I typed & started yourself a pointless argument.

Joe fought...& well I might add.

The ref stopped it. Not Joe. No where did I say it was a good stoppage...so don't try to make out like I did.

Joe Calzaghe (42 fights with no losses & 31 ko's) vs. Peter Manfredo jr. (29 fights with 26 wins, 3 losses, & 12 ko's) Round 3: Manfredo comes out firing this time. Joe jabbing & then counters with a hard right hand & then a left. Damn. He’s all over him. Vicious combo’s from Joe. Super fast. Nice. Big left hand stunned Manfredo. Ripping body work & then combos up top. Joe is just hammering him to pieces. It’s over!

Round to Joe by a landslide...but that should not have been stopped.
    Hope that helped.

If it didn’t…here’s a little more info for those not in the know:

I really REALLY wish that that had gone the distance...but then again...Manfredo wasn't throwing S*** the entire time.
    Now Daxx...in closing...as far as me actually trying to make you or whoever believe that was a good stoppage...that should have just been cleared up...but as far as Joe's performance...what was wrong with it?

That's how he always fights & he did look good...no matter what that picklehead from the reality show said...he felt those pitty pat punches. Now...how does one pass the buck from a fighter off to a Ref

Again...Joe did not stop the fight...the ref did & this is no fault of Joe's.

Wasn't there for the DRBR so I would not have seen that post....But all in all your statement still sounded like you were coming to Calzaghe's defense in the statement from this thread.....That simple....I am not going through the boards to see what you write every where before I make a comment on something...My comment was on the statement here alone....And You sounded Just like Calzaghe did during his HBO post fight intreview...To a question Larry Merchant asked outright....

Larry didn't ask Joe if he thought there was anything he could do about the ref's stoppage....

He didn't ask Calzaghe if he did his not and the ref did his....

Merchant asked him if he thought it was pre mature...Calzaghe danced around the question....

Then fifteen seconds later they start trying to tell the public Mikkel Kessler turned down a fight with Calzaghe...

Thank God Larry Merchant saved us by not letting Frank Warren have any interview time and ignored him
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of the day Calzaghe performed as he should have and was beating up Manfredo like we all knew he would. The ref was too quick to stop it. That much is clear, but lets not get all pissy on Calzaghe because lets face it, he did what was expected of him.

Now its who he fights next that should be forming opinions about Calzaghe and his stock because we all knew what the result here would be. Lets wait and see....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Ok, in this fight everyone achieved what they were supposed to, HBO got a showcase of Calzaghe's talents, Calzaghe made some dough, Frank Warren madea lot of dough, and everyone knew who Manfredo was so the fans tuned in. Period. Real boxing fans didn't get anything tonight off HBO. That came from showtime, it was beautiful.
    damn straight

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

should really have had a crowd thriller for that fight, tbh i knew that Manfredo never ever had a chance of winning it. Should have at least had a british fighter against JC i.e. FROCH! he would have done a lot better against JC and the fans would have got thier moneys worth. such a shame on the crowds behalf seeing that.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have been double f*cked off if i'd have paid a few ££ for a decent ticket but Joe did his job and i swear he'd do the same to Taylor

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    The stoppage was way to early Manfredo had'nt taken anything hard and this was a title fight if ever he fights Kessler which i don't think he will Joe's in for a beating Calzaghe,Warren,his Dad and everyone else knew the stoppage was early it was written all over there faces and then Warren says we've offered Kessler July now to me it looks like they've offered him a date they knew he could'nt make that way it now looks like Kessler is'nt to bothered about fight it makes Joe look better saying we offered but they can't Warren should wake up
    Your definately just saying that because your pissed off with the farce last night. If your not, please tell me how Kessler is going to give Joe a beating?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

of course it wouldn't make him more popular in the states. manfredo is bullshit and he knew it.

he just wanted another easy fight , another easy win

calzaghe better fight kessler, taylor or hopkins next

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I was impressed with Joes hand speed, thats about it, he didn't look to have power. Threw some nice flurries, but can he do that all night? I really wanna see the Winky match-up that would be good, or Hopkins.I guess the winner of their fight.Kessler also.He will probably end up fighting Berrio..if he does I call bullshit.
    I knew Calzaghe would be too much for him.
    Peter is like a lame duck when it comes to flurries.
    Sergio Mora unloaded his flurries and Peter would be like a deer in head lights.
    Stuck like Chuck and could not buck.
    Calzaghe can flurry all night and day and with broken hands.

I wish the ref would have let the fight go on. (I wanted to see this punk get dropped)
    I said Calzaghe might drop Peter in the 5th and finish him off in the 6th and judging by the way things were going I would have been close to about right.

Deer In Headlights

Is he too stunned or stupid to understand
    he doesn’t really have to stay there?

Or does he know full well
    what he needs to do, is he wondering
    why he can’t and what in the world
    is the matter with him, does he reckon

he might deserve to die, if he can’t even do
    a simple thing like jump aside

Warning!
    No Flurries Allowed.
    Manfredo Jr.