Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: SHOULD Terry O'Connor (calzaghe-manfredo ref) be on the blacklist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOULD Terry O'Connor (calzaghe-manfredo ref) be on the blacklist?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default SHOULD Terry O'Connor (calzaghe-manfredo ref) be on the blacklist?

he has been added, his actions have caused the creation of a referee section, should he remain there?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SHOULD Terry O'Connor (calzaghe-manfredo ref) be on the blacklist?

Yes and no...

Now i thought the fight was stopped way to soon; but you have to look at it in the fact that manfrado wasn't doing anything... he was just taking hits, he didn't throw back, wasn't getting out of it and with some of the past's getting so seriously hurt its hard to say really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Yes and no...

Now i thought the fight was stopped way to soon; but you have to look at it in the fact that manfrado wasn't doing anything... he was just taking hits, he didn't throw back, wasn't getting out of it and with some of the past's getting so seriously hurt its hard to say really...
    Thats the bottom line.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Yes and no...

Thats the bottom line.
    CC back mate

I don't like that it ended so soon coz joe looked like he was stepping up to put on an exabition, but Manfredo just didn't do anything really to show us why it should of gone on (even tho i think it should of)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not throwing punches because your waiting to time a shot is different from not throwing punches because you can't. If he ain't extremely hurt, then don't stop the damn fight. give the people what they paid for.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshit stoppage, yes Manfredo wasn't firing back but that was mainly due to the fact that he slipped and fell backwards onto the ropes and it's virtually impossible to throw a punch from there!

I remember Matt Skelton being docked points in the first fight with Danny Williams when he forced Williams to fall onto the ropes in the same where as Calzaghe did here.

Don't get me wrong, Calzaghe did nothing wrong at all I'm just highlighting how shit the refereeing is in general, Williams falls onto the ropes, ref docks points from Skelton, Manfredo falls back onto the ropes, ref stops the fights

What frustrated me more though was that he waited until Manfredo had actually got himself off the ropes and was trying to bob and weave his way out of trouble before he waved it off.

Once again yet another potentially great fight ruined by shitty ref's.

Personally I think 99% of all the current refereees and judges should be retired and a whole new batch brought in.

It seems like almost every big fight in recent months has been tarnished by ref's or judges one way or the other,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes and no...
    manfrado wasn't doing anything... he was just taking hits, he didn't throw back, wasn't getting out of it
    If Ali did that he would be a rope-a-doping boxing guru...

Also, most of those hits were glancing. It was stopped way to soon. Calzaghe and Manfredo both should have been bitter about the stoppage. If the Lacy fight was stopped like that Calzaghe would have been cheated out of his glory that night like he was tonight.

If I had put my Joker on a Calzaghe KO instead of a UD I wouldn't care half as much as I do right now. It was a BS stoppage though...

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if Manfredo had any chance id have said yes but lets face it Joe carried him for the first 2 rounds for the fans i guess and only really tried for the KO in rd 3.

it was a mismatch plain and simple.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    it was a mismatch plain and simple.
    That is a point no man can debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn. Just when monster puncher Manfredo was about to land one devestating left hook that would cripple Calzaghe and send him crying to the canvas.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could see that coming too mate
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised sugar ray and stallone didn't jump into the ring and tag team body slam joe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeah what exactly was peter trying to time, his secret ko punch that would have sent joe to the floor in a coma? I mean jeah you can make the argument he was waiting to time his punch or whatever, but shit thats not how it works you don't let the opponent hit you with flurries and then land one punch in return, which would have been the case with this fuckery of a mistmatch, I'm just dissapointed it only went 3 rounds tho. Cause as shitty as the match up was this was my dose of boxing for the weekend, and it pisses me off when it's over so quickly. Like when austin got ktfo out by klitschko in 2 rounds a few weeks ago it left me wanting more!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin
    Jeah what exactly was peter trying to time, his secret ko punch that would have sent joe to the floor in a coma? I mean jeah you can make the argument he was waiting to time his punch or whatever, but shit thats not how it works you don't let the opponent hit you with flurries and then land one punch in return, which would have been the case with this fuckery of a mistmatch, I'm just dissapointed it only went 3 rounds tho. Cause as shitty as the match up was this was my dose of boxing for the weekend, and it pisses me off when it's over so quickly. Like when austin got ktfo out by klitschko in 2 rounds a few weeks ago it left me wanting more!
    he said he was waiting for calzaghe to stop throwing so he could throw the left hook

but calzaghe didnt stop throwing

his punches were having NO impact tho, arms punches should not even bring up the consideraion of a stoppage

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeah it was stoped prematurely you can say, but really those arms of his weren't going to stay up the whole time, I mean this is is pretty much how the fight was gonna end sooner or later. As for manfredo landing a left hook on joe, much good that would have done him, manfredo ain't exactly a powerpuncher, nor is calzaghe china chinned.

Thread Information