Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is 27 too late to step into the ring

I am 27 and boxed for six years in the military, I suffered a serious injury that almost ripped my growing apart. Do you guy's think it's too late to jump in the ring or should I get in there and be like an old Rocky Bolboa. I don't want any titles or anything like that but I think it can keep me sharp.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is 27 too late to step into the ring

In short the answer is no. Although it goes without saying that you will have to be realistic about how much you can get from the game.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    In short the answer is no. Although it goes without saying that you will have to be realistic about how much you can get from the game.
    Thanks my British friend, I am not looking to be like Tito Trinidad or anything, but I think it would be great if all of us were able to step in the ring and be productive, in the least it would keep us on great shape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations, you're the millionth person to ask that kind of question. As long as your doctor says your fit to train, then there's nothing wrong with you boxing.

Anyways what kind of aspirations do you have in regards to boxing? Do you want to keep fit? Do you want to compete amateur/professional. As long as you're willing you'll do ok.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Congratulations, you're the millionth person to ask that kind of question. As long as your doctor says your fit to train, then there's nothing wrong with you boxing.

Anyways what kind of aspirations do you have in regards to boxing? Do you want to keep fit? Do you want to compete amateur/professional. As long as you're willing you'll do ok.
    So many people ask because they are insecure, sometimes they need a little push to get out there, I just would like to stay fit, boxing is a great workout, and it will keep you sharp just in case you ever need your skills in a fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you're not the insecure type then. It'll do you good, just listen to your own advice.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God I hope not,Im training a guy who's 27

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And you're not the insecure type then. It'll do you good, just listen to your own advice.
    You bloody smartass, where is the motivation Chris where is the motivation.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having previos experiance of these things I say go for it plus youre not a novice.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    Motivation here you go mate bloody go for it why not just think hell i'll give it my best and i'll be doing what i love doing if it doesn't go well in your first fight just think well i gave it a shot didn't work out but i'll give it another go anyway because i love the sport and won't give up on what i love doing and remember your never too old look at when Skelton started late 30s and Ray Mercer was late starter aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Motivation here you go mate bloody go for it why not just think hell i'll give it my best and i'll be doing what i love doing if it doesn't go well in your first fight just think well i gave it a shot didn't work out but i'll give it another go anyway because i love the sport and won't give up on what i love doing and remember your never too old look at when Skelton started late 30s and Ray Mercer was late starter aswell.
    Thanks ICB for the support, hopefully I don't get KTFO. CC for my British friend.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Thanks ICB for the support, hopefully I don't get KTFO. CC for my British friend.
    back mate and good luck.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am 27 and boxed for six years in the military, I suffered a serious injury that almost ripped my growing apart. Do you guy's think it's too late to jump in the ring or should I get in there and be like an old Rocky Bolboa. I don't want any titles or anything like that but I think it can keep me sharp.
    Where theres a will, theres a way.
    Follow your heart and you'll never go wrong.

Good luck,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy bomber, I didn't mean to come off as a smart a** just poking some fun like I always do.

Anyways, I thought it was the thought of being fit is motivation in itself. If that's your goal why don't you give it another shot and see if you like it or not. Naturally if you don't like it you wouldn't stick with it for long right?

Let give you the buy-you-a-drink equivilant of me trying to make amends. Have another CC on me. Forgive me, will ya.

I gotta tell you that Rocky Marciano gave it ago when he was 24, and he didn't have the experience that you have. What is important for him was that he was willing and more importantly was that he liked boxing. Now with how much time time you've dedicated to this board I wouldn't doubt for second that you like boxing. Now if you want to try the gloves on again and find out that you enjoy that part then go for it.

That injury isn't going to stop you, so just give it your all and have some fun. Keep sharp, keep fit and become a champion in your own right.

Anyways no hard feelings, I'm sorry if I offended you in what I said before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy bomber, I didn't mean to come off as a smart a** just poking some fun like I always do.

Anyways, I thought it was the thought of being fit is motivation in itself. If that's your goal why don't you give it another shot and see if you like it or not. Naturally if you don't like it you wouldn't stick with it for long right?

Let give you the buy-you-a-drink equivilant of me trying to make amends. Have another CC on me. Forgive me, will ya.

I gotta tell you that Rocky Marciano gave it ago when he was 24, and he didn't have the experience that you have. What is important for him was that he was willing and more importantly was that he liked boxing. Now with how much time time you've dedicated to this board I wouldn't doubt for second that you like boxing. Now if you want to try the gloves on again and find out that you enjoy that part then go for it.

That injury isn't going to stop you, so just give it your all and have some fun. Keep sharp, keep fit and become a champion in your own right.

Anyways no hard feelings, I'm sorry if I offended you in what I said before.
    I was just kidding you bloody chap, but thanks for the support anyway, I alway's bullshit around to keep everything fun on the forum, CC mate.

Thread Information