Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest American HERO!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Greatest American HERO!!!!!!!!!!

whats good biotchez soon as i landed back in the office there was a mysterious package for me on my desk. it was a Bday gift to me from my bro! i open it up and it was the complete DVD collection of the GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!!!!!!

to keep it real yo i like most of u was like WTF cuz this show aired in 1981, and i was about 3 Fin years old at the time ahahha. but i do recall basically its a show about a knockoff Super Man right? he had like currly blonde hair and he could like fly right? but thats all i can recall off the dome. actually it had that classic theme song: WHO COULD IT BE? BELIEVE IT OR NOT ITS JUST ME?

u all remember this old school nostalgia? bring it back for me man i dont recall too much! hollaaaaaaaaaaaar

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Greatest American HERO!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that one

Theme song had lyrics somethinmg like :

"I’m walking on air and never thought I could feel so free.Flying away on a wing and a prayer.Believe me it's me"

He could never fly straight either the useless twat

Had the guy in from that 80s horror film House and the woman from Hotel - ahhhhh 80s tv, loved it....!
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mark TKO COOL CLICK first off bro!

hey tell me more man id really like to know what im getting myself into since its 13 fukkkkkkin DVD's in this collection LOL

it also came with a full size costume and cape believe it or not?

it also came with this weird asss like transmittor device? like a futuristic gadget with weird secret codes? wtf is that about? hollaaaaaar

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe its the real thing and you are the designated new American Hero

get out there and fly through the skies man !!!

here's more info - check out the message board at bottom

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO
    maybe its the real thing and you are the designated new American Hero

get out there and fly through the skies man !!!

here's more info - check out the message board at bottom

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/
    ahahah your hilarious bro i owe u another CC in 24hrs!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it Lyle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This show was first aired in 1981, and was both a comedy and a drama. A special "power suit" that only works on him is given to the teacher by the aliens, and he is paired up with the gumshoe FBI agent who keeps them both busy with his scenarios. The suit of "unearthly powers" gives the power of strength, flight, invisibilty, flames, telekenesis, vision of events without being there, protection from bullets and fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at what’s happened to me,
    I can’t believe it myself.
    Suddenly I’m up on top of the world,
    It should’ve been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
    I never thought I could feel so free.
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it’s just me.

It’s like a light of a new day,
    It came from out of the blue.
    Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
    Making all of my wishes come true.

Who could it be? Believe it or not it’s just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Look at what’s happened to me,
    I can’t believe it myself.
    Suddenly I’m up on top of the world,
    It should’ve been somebody else.

Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it’s just me.

It’s like a light of a new day,
    It came from out of the blue.
    Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
    Making all of my wishes come true.

Who could it be? Believe it or not it’s just me.

Can you guess this one

"Because I'm the unknow stuntman that makes eastwood look so fine"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats good biotchez soon as i landed back in the office there was a mysterious package for me on my desk. it was a Bday gift to me from my bro! i open it up and it was the complete DVD collection of the GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!!!!!!

to keep it real yo i like most of u was like WTF cuz this show aired in 1981, and i was about 3 Fin years old at the time ahahha. but i do recall basically its a show about a knockoff Super Man right? he had like currly blonde hair and he could like fly right? but thats all i can recall off the dome. actually it had that classic theme song: WHO COULD IT BE? BELIEVE IT OR NOT ITS JUST ME?

u all remember this old school nostalgia? bring it back for me man i dont recall too much! hollaaaaaaaaaaaar
    awww man!!!!!!!! with Lee Majors!!!!!!!! awesome...that woman on the show was hot!!!! what was that name!!!!! THE FALL GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

awww man!!!!!!!! with Lee Majors!!!!!!!! awesome...that woman on the show was hot!!!! what was that name!!!!! THE FALL GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hey bro u seem like u a bit older/wiser tell me more about the greatest american hero please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey bro u seem like u a bit older/wiser tell me more about the greatest american hero please
    'The Fall Guy' and 'The Greatest American Hero' were two separate shows from the same era as 'McGuyver.' The former starred Lee Majors of 'The Six Million Dollar Man' fame and Heather Locklear from 'Melrose' fame and was about a stunt man who occasionally lands in the middle of a mystery and uses his stunt skills to solve it. The latter starred William Katt and Robert Culp. It was about a man (Katt) who receives a suit with special powers from aliens that designate him the defender of earth. The suit comes with a manual, but unfortunately, he loses the manual. This sets up a nice premise where he is finding out about new powers every so often while saving the world. He knows how to take off, but he doesn't know how to fly without flailing his arms and definitely does not know how to land. Culp plays an FBI agent who assists him with the non-super part of saving the world. I remember later in the seasons, he did eventually get a copy of the manual from the same aliens, but this was towards the tail end of the final season so I don't remember if he lost that one, too or if he finally learned to use the suit. The song was great because it tied in the patriotic meaning of the title with the main character's modest heroism. He wasn't a war soldier fighting for freedom, but at that time, the superhero phenomenon was addicting and while it was considered a 'Superman' knock-off, the movie could never deal with the 'realistic' issues that the sitcom dealt with. Shortly before this era, 'The Dukes of Hazzard' were a sensation. That era of TV was truly innovative in its approach to entertainment and not even big-screen remakes can capture the chemistry those movies generated. This was a time when the good guy was really a good guy and the bad guy was ... well ... a really bad guy. On that note, I have to find a way to watch the episode of 'The Sopranos' I just missed this past Sunday.
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDibbs

'The Fall Guy' and 'The Greatest American Hero' were two separate shows from the same era as 'McGuyver.' The former starred Lee Majors of 'The Six Million Dollar Man' fame and Heather Locklear from 'Melrose' fame and was about a stunt man who occasionally lands in the middle of a mystery and uses his stunt skills to solve it. The latter starred William Katt and Robert Culp. It was about a man (Katt) who receives a suit with special powers from aliens that designate him the defender of earth. The suit comes with a manual, but unfortunately, he loses the manual. This sets up a nice premise where he is finding out about new powers every so often while saving the world. He knows how to take off, but he doesn't know how to fly without flailing his arms and definitely does not know how to land. Culp plays an FBI agent who assists him with the non-super part of saving the world. I remember later in the seasons, he did eventually get a copy of the manual from the same aliens, but this was towards the tail end of the final season so I don't remember if he lost that one, too or if he finally learned to use the suit. The song was great because it tied in the patriotic meaning of the title with the main character's modest heroism. He wasn't a war soldier fighting for freedom, but at that time, the superhero phenomenon was addicting and while it was considered a 'Superman' knock-off, the movie could never deal with the 'realistic' issues that the sitcom dealt with. Shortly before this era, 'The Dukes of Hazzard' were a sensation. That era of TV was truly innovative in its approach to entertainment and not even big-screen remakes can capture the chemistry those movies generated. This was a time when the good guy was really a good guy and the bad guy was ... well ... a really bad guy. On that note, I have to find a way to watch the episode of 'The Sopranos' I just missed this past Sunday.
    CC #25 bro! thanks for schooling me on all that! it should be fun to watch all the seasons on DVD huh? you make it seem def worth while bro! that makes sense cuz the dvd came with the manual you speak of and its in some werid alien hologram writng ahaha now i dont feel that much retarded as before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey guys i finally found time to watch the first PILOT episode of TGAH

man it was looooooooong as hell think like 2hrs long?

but it was F'n good man!

they dont make tv like they used to thats for damn sho!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ill write more about the PILOT episode a bit when i get back from jogging. MUUUUUUUAHZ

Thread Information