Thread: Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

[stream=20,20]http://davesworld56.250free.com/MonsterGrowl.wav[/stream]

Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

By Ant Evans:
    http://www.secondsout.com/news/index...s=534&cs=21800

He may have impersonated a peace protester in the ring Saturday night, but after getting beaten inside three rounds by Joe Calzaghe, Peter Moan-Fredo suddenly found some aggression. Only, it was with words and silly, unconvincing tough-guy talk.

The hopelessly overmatched Moan-Fredo barely threw a punch in anger at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, much less land one against the fighting machine known as Joe Calzaghe. The undersized American looked like Frodo Baggins next to the Welshman and fought about as well.

However, he sure had a lot of fire once back on the safe side of the ropes.

First, the New Yorker moaned about the stoppage by referee Terry O’Connor.

"Of course, it was premature," he said. "It was ridiculous. Anybody who thinks that isn’t crazy is retarded. Did you see my legs buckle? The referee didn’t even say, ’Throw some punches back or I’m going to stop it.’“

The consensus view is that the stoppage was premature, especially as many of Calzaghe’s trademarked super-fast arm punches were hitting the ‘challenger’ on the gloves. However, if the American had any real experience outside that rubbish reality show, he would have known that, essentially, Calzaghe was conning the referee into calling the stoppage in the manner Roy Jones Junior has done throughout his career.

Yet Moan-Fredo was too inexperienced and out of his depth to realise what was happening.

In mixed martial arts, fights get stopped when either fighter is not ‘intelligently defending’ himself against a series of punches. And covering your face with your gloves hoping the punches would stop - like Moan-Fredo did Saturday night - is not an intelligent defense and, even in boxing, invites the offical’s intervention.

"It was just a 10-second barrage,” Moan-Fredo claimed of the non-stop shower of blows. “But I wasn’t hurt. I’m in so much shock because I can’t believe he stopped it. In America they’re not going to stop it like that, they’re going to make you fight.”

Yeah, well, in America - specifically the New York offices of HBO - they thought this would be a competitive fight, too.

"This is boxing, man, the professionals,” said Moan-Fredo after his amateur performance . “The referee has no right to stop the fight like that.”

But if the referee’s performance was poor, Moan-Fredo’s was pathetic. He looked completely overawed by the occasion and jolted out of his wits by Calzaghe’s speed and skill-set. It’s really quite sad the American, after such an arse-kicking, can’t now give credit where it is due.

Instead: "Why hasn’t Calzaghe fought in America yet?" Would Jermain Taylor be great if he fought all his fights in Arkansas? No. You’ve got to fight other places and go to other people’s home towns, take the crowd and win there. That’s how you become great.

"You can’t fight in your backyard every fight and expect to be great. If he wants to fight Jermain Taylor he should fight him in the States - at Madison Square Garden in New York. Let him go and do it."

For some, Calzaghe still has come convincing to do on the question of whether he is truly one of the greats or not.

However, surely, he has convinced Moan-Fredo with that effortless beating at the weekend.

[stream=20,20]http://www.terrorterrace.homestead.com/files/Wav/Ghost2.wav[/stream]

ICB Guest

Default Re: Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

Ouch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be moaning if i got stopped like that though it was a disgrace

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno

What was the ref supposed to do though..?
    Manfredo says he wasn't hurt at all but refused to throw anything back
    He must have been aware of the ref hovering over him
    Manfredos own inexperience is to blame NOT the ref

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

What was the ref supposed to do though..?
    Manfredo says he wasn't hurt at all but refused to throw anything back
    He must have been aware of the ref hovering over him
    Manfredos own inexperience is to blame NOT the ref
    I agree with Smash this stoppage reminded me of Roy Jones vs Sosa and again i'll say its hard when ref sees dozens and dozens of punches being thrown and Manfredo isn't fighting back its hard decision for ref but in end it probably was right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But just before and as the ref jumped in Manfredo was ducking under the punches

SigmaMu Guest

This is what he get's for talking all that fake shiet about him beating Sergio Mora in his second fight. Now he knows what it really feels like to get robbed. Hugging on to your opponent in the last 10 seconds of the fight when you have him sick and cut and yet do nothing but hug him and tie him up so he does not hit you is not a winners strategy.
    Now you know what it feels like Peter! Your lies have bit you in the culo and karma did a sumersault and kicked you in the teeth.
    Karma has it's revenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    [stream=20,20]http://davesworld56.250free.com/MonsterGrowl.wav[/stream]

Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

By Ant Evans:
    http://www.secondsout.com/news/index...s=534&cs=21800

He may have impersonated a peace protester in the ring Saturday night, but after getting beaten inside three rounds by Joe Calzaghe, Peter Moan-Fredo suddenly found some aggression. Only, it was with words and silly, unconvincing tough-guy talk.

The hopelessly overmatched Moan-Fredo barely threw a punch in anger at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, much less land one against the fighting machine known as Joe Calzaghe. The undersized American looked like Frodo Baggins next to the Welshman and fought about as well.

However, he sure had a lot of fire once back on the safe side of the ropes.

First, the New Yorker moaned about the stoppage by referee Terry O’Connor.

"Of course, it was premature," he said. "It was ridiculous. Anybody who thinks that isn’t crazy is retarded. Did you see my legs buckle? The referee didn’t even say, ’Throw some punches back or I’m going to stop it.’“

The consensus view is that the stoppage was premature, especially as many of Calzaghe’s trademarked super-fast arm punches were hitting the ‘challenger’ on the gloves. However, if the American had any real experience outside that rubbish reality show, he would have known that, essentially, Calzaghe was conning the referee into calling the stoppage in the manner Roy Jones Junior has done throughout his career.

Yet Moan-Fredo was too inexperienced and out of his depth to realise what was happening.

In mixed martial arts, fights get stopped when either fighter is not ‘intelligently defending’ himself against a series of punches. And covering your face with your gloves hoping the punches would stop - like Moan-Fredo did Saturday night - is not an intelligent defense and, even in boxing, invites the offical’s intervention.

"It was just a 10-second barrage,” Moan-Fredo claimed of the non-stop shower of blows. “But I wasn’t hurt. I’m in so much shock because I can’t believe he stopped it. In America they’re not going to stop it like that, they’re going to make you fight.”

Yeah, well, in America - specifically the New York offices of HBO - they thought this would be a competitive fight, too.

"This is boxing, man, the professionals,” said Moan-Fredo after his amateur performance . “The referee has no right to stop the fight like that.”

But if the referee’s performance was poor, Moan-Fredo’s was pathetic. He looked completely overawed by the occasion and jolted out of his wits by Calzaghe’s speed and skill-set. It’s really quite sad the American, after such an a***-kicking, can’t now give credit where it is due.

Instead: "Why hasn’t Calzaghe fought in America yet?" Would Jermain Taylor be great if he fought all his fights in Arkansas? No. You’ve got to fight other places and go to other people’s home towns, take the crowd and win there. That’s how you become great.

"You can’t fight in your backyard every fight and expect to be great. If he wants to fight Jermain Taylor he should fight him in the States - at Madison Square Garden in New York. Let him go and do it."

For some, Calzaghe still has come convincing to do on the question of whether he is truly one of the greats or not.

However, surely, he has convinced Moan-Fredo with that effortless beating at the weekend.

[stream=20,20]http://www.terrorterrace.homestead.com/files/Wav/Ghost2.wav[/stream]

I second Ice Cold Boxing's thoughts on this post...OUCH!!! You surely don't hold your punches. Maybe Manfraudo should have thought of that in the ring. ALthough it wouldn't have made any difference. Calzaghe is the best in division. Just a shame that he was fighting a bum.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally agree with Manfredo. Not that I think he was gonna win, but he barely broke a sweat and he definitely didn't earn his paycheck. Neither did Joe. We were robbed of a fight by an excitable ref. It really was garbage. This is the pro's. Shouldn't the ref allow a fighter to get a bloody nose at least before you stop it. He was intelligently defending himself, blocking punches, dodging punches, he just didn't punch back. But he was most certainly defending himself.

I guarantee if the roles were reversed and Peter was throwing a bunch of wild punches and Joe was dodging and blocking but not punching back, if the ref stopped it there would be outrage. People would say "Joe is the champ and he was waiting for Peter to tire". But since it was Manfredo they say "Peter was to inexperienced and should have known better". Freakin nuts. Manfredo is a solid experienced fighter and he probably would have lost but it was still the most bogus stoppage I have ever seen.

No way the blame goes to anyone but that crackhead ref.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's only logical for him to piss & moan about the stoppage.

It was early...but so what? He was doing nothing & had done nothing for pretty much the whole fight.

Calzaghe clearly owned his ass...just as was expected.

Let it go.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

It was early...but so what? He was doing nothing & had done nothing for pretty much the whole fight.

Calzaghe clearly owned his a**...just as was expected.

Let it go.
    There wasn't a "whole fight" for Peter to have done nothing. Seriously. Bhop didn't start fighting until the 7th round against Taylor, and most of us think he won. PBF does that type of thing all the time, letting fighters swing away as he does his shoulder roll and eventually moves out of the corner. It's garbage and the only reason there's not outrage is because Joe was heavily favored. Any other situation and everyone would be pissed.

Seriously, Joe broke his hand. In 3 more rounds this could have been a whole different fight. Clottey was owning Margarito till he broke his hand. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened in this fight. Never know, and I doubt Peter would have won but he still should get kissed before he gets fooked.

The ref owes Manfredo a kiss.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame

Let it go.
    There wasn't a "whole fight" for Peter to have done nothing. Seriously. Bhop didn't start fighting until the 7th round against Taylor, and most of us think he won. PBF does that type of thing all the time, letting fighters swing away as he does his shoulder roll and eventually moves out of the corner. It's garbage and the only reason there's not outrage is because Joe was heavily favored. Any other situation and everyone would be pissed.

Seriously, Joe broke his hand. In 3 more rounds this could have been a whole different fight. Clottey was owning Margarito till he broke his hand. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened in this fight. Never know, and I doubt Peter would have won but he still should get kissed before he gets fooked.

Surely you didn't even remotely bring comparisons between some twot who's claim to faim is blowing it on reality television to matches of Hopkins, Floyd, or Taylor?

Come on now...let's keep it real. No matter how much one dislikes Calzaghe, you must save face & acknowledge that Manfredo didn't do shit. He was getting hammered...no matter what he said afterwards.

Joe's fought 12 rounds with a broken hand & beaten much better men than Manfredo. Joe's owned everyone he fought...injured or not.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let it go.

Surely you didn't even remotely bring comparisons between some twot who's claim to faim is blowing it on reality television to matches of Hopkins, Floyd, or Taylor?

Come on now...let's keep it real. No matter how much one dislikes Calzaghe, you must save face & acknowledge that Manfredo didn't do S***. He was getting hammered...no matter what he said afterwards.

Joe's fought 12 rounds with a broken hand & beaten much better men than Manfredo. Joe's owned everyone he fought...injured or not.
    I don't dislike Calzaghe. And I think Peter is a decent fighter. I think everyone calling him a reality tv character is ridiculous. He was a fighter before, has a strong amatuer background and is a literal contender. I think every fighter is human, and just because they beat someone better yesterday doesn't mean they will do it today. Tyson lost to McBride, Nunn got ko'd when he was dominating a fight. It happens all the time. Corrales got off the deck twice and ko'd Castillo.

All I am saying is the ref never gave the challenger a chance. Joe winning the second round clearly, hardly constitutes Peter doing nothing. The first round was hardly any action, 2nd joe won, 3rd got stopped after a flurry of hardly any punches landed.

How can you disagree with that? I could care less who wins, I just like competetive fights. I am all for stopping a beating, but give the guy a chance. Corrales took a beating and if it was anyone but Corrales I think they would have stopped it. Manfredo get's tko'd without a bruise, without any blood?

Just a sorry excuse for a fight and it's ALL the ref's fault. It's offensive to a professional to give them NO CHANCE, and NO RESPECT. That's all....
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally agree with Manfredo. Not that I think he was gonna win, but he barely broke a sweat and he definitely didn't earn his paycheck. Neither did Joe. We were robbed of a fight by an excitable ref. It really was garbage. This is the pro's. Shouldn't the ref allow a fighter to get a bloody nose at least before you stop it. He was intelligently defending himself, blocking punches, dodging punches, he just didn't punch back. But he was most certainly defending himself.

I guarantee if the roles were reversed and Peter was throwing a bunch of wild punches and Joe was dodging and blocking but not punching back, if the ref stopped it there would be outrage. People would say "Joe is the champ and he was waiting for Peter to tire". But since it was Manfredo they say "Peter was to inexperienced and should have known better". Freakin nuts. Manfredo is a solid experienced fighter and he probably would have lost but it was still the most bogus stoppage I have ever seen.

No way the blame goes to anyone but that crackhead ref.
    CC thats what ive been saying since saturday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let it go.

Come on now...let's keep it real. No matter how much one dislikes Calzaghe, you must save face & acknowledge that Manfredo didn't do shit. He was getting hammered...no matter what he said afterwards.
    Wacks, I agree Manfredo wasn't going to win the fight, broken hand or not for Joe (though that would have made it more interesting, at least). But I've got to agree with luvfightgame on this one. We saw less than 2 rounds. Who cares that Manfredo didn't throw or land a bunch of punches in those less-than-2 rounds? I agree with you that he's no B-Hop, but the principle is the same: just because someone starts slow doesn't mean they can't warm up and improve. This was the biggest stage this guy had ever been on by far--it's not surprising he started out cold.

My bigger disagreement is with the idea that he was getting "hammered" though. In the replay, it's very clear that every single punch Calzaghe threw there was a pitter-pat arm-punch. There was zero power there. Nor was there any accuracy -- I think he landed one of those at most. I mean, you can't even pretend that Manfredo was hurt by that. He got slap-boxed on the arms and shoulders for 15 seconds.

In the end, it's unfortunate for Calzaghe more than anyone. Like Manny said, he probably would have gotten Manfredo out of there legitimately before the 5th round -- and then he would have actually looked impressive (as much as that's possible in a fight that never should have been made in the first place) rather than just looking like the beneficiary of a bs stoppage. I thought the exact same thing with the Mitchell stoppage, btw (though Mitchell was at least down).

Thread Information