Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Thai boxers accused of using 'White Cement' on hands (A Fighters testimony)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~Thai boxers accused of using 'White Cement' on hands (A Fighters testimony)

i've watched the news last night and a news story struck me. It was alleged that Thai boxers are using white cement during their fights against Filipino boxers in thailand. Could this possibly happen?

here's the link to the news:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=73325

HERES THE REPORT (Thanks supergenius)

A colleague of the late boxing flyweight Lito Sisnorio has at least one person allegedly behind the fielding of Filipino boxers to Thailand even without the necessary papers from the Games and Amusements Board (GAB), ABS-CBN News reported.

The boxer, who introduced himself only as "Boy Marco," said he was one of six boxers recruited by a Philippine-based syndicate to fight in Thailand. The informant said he, Sisnorio and the others were contacted by a certain Rex Pasyones.

"Kinontak din ako ni Rex Pasyones, dating boxer taga-Cebu. Trabaho n'ya, taga-recruit ng boxer papuntang Thailand (I was contacted by Rex Pasyones, a former boxer from Cebu. His recruits boxers to fight in Thailand),” Boy Marco said.

He added Pasyones is an associate of Bong Obrero, Sisnorio’s former manager, and Thai agent Panya Prachakorn.

“ 'Pag nakapagpadala siya (Pasyones) ng boxer sa Thailand may komisyon siya (He receives a commission everytime he sends a boxer to Thailand),” Boy Marco added.

He said Pasyones convinced them that they will earn big money in Thailand even without boxing licenses from GAB.

The informant said that based on an agreement, each boxer will get $500 per fight, win or lose. Fighters who would fail to make it beyond six rounds will be sent home.

Boy Marco, however, said that upon reaching Thailand they only received $300-$400 per fight.

Sisnorio was the first to fight in January. He was defeated in two rounds.

"Pinag-initan ng mga Thai si Lito kasi nanalo s’ya noon eh, may nakuha siyang belt sa Thailand sa WBC Youth (The Thais were mad at Lito because he snatched the WBC Youth belt in Thailand)," Boy Marco said.

He also revealed the cheating techniques of most Thai boxers.

"Nilalagyan nila ng white cement ‘yung bandage sa kamay kaya 'pag sumuntok sila kahit may gloves, talagang matigas (They put white cement in their hand wraps. That’s why their punches are really hard even with gloves)," said Boy Marco.

Boy Marco said Sisnorio may have been badly hit on the head during his January fight. He said Sisnorio was told to go home.

Sisnorio, however, was able to convince his handler that he can still fight. He died shortly after his fight with former WBC flyweight champion Chatchai Sasakul on March 30.

Boy Marco said he is prepared to give his testimony to the National Bureau of Investigation, which has stepped into the investigation launched by GAB following the boxer's death. With a report from Dexter Ganibe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: white cement on thai boxers

Quote Originally Posted by supergenius
    i've watched the news last night and a news story struck me. It was alleged that Thai boxers are using white cement during their fights against Filipino boxers in thailand. Could this possibly happen?
    white cement? can u elaborate? i dont quite follow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are u saying they are putting it in their gloves? or the ring is made out of white cement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry for the lack of info. White cement was used in the wrapping of hands. That's why a filipino boxer (Sisnorio) died. It was not because of superiority of thai boxer. It was because of cheating which was allowed by their boxing authorities. This should be examined.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats shocking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if their is a boxing organization who can oversee and investigate such reports and give punitive actions if found true.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could you educate me? What is white cement and would they use it in their gloves? Cement in gloves? Not to put anything past the shadiness of that situation with boxing in Thailand but don't you think that's a tad ridiculous? I know Sisnorio died but that's because he wasn't even approved to box by the Philipino commission and he was facing elite fighters like Pongslakek, Kratingdaenggym and Sasukal. I don't think any of those guys would need cement in their gloves to do the job against such horrid matchmaking, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think white cement is being used in hospitals when you have fractured bones. With white cement, punches become deadlier. It's like having a metal ring in your hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like plaster?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That makes sense now, plaster like casts. But still, sounds a bit reaching I mean it's just horrendous matchmaking and a poor/corrupt commission imo. I could be wrong but that's pretty crazy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't be surprised but ultimately this could REALLY hurt the sport if it's true and would make headline news.

Gonna take a look on the net for any links or articles....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Wouldn't be surprised but ultimately this could REALLY hurt the sport if it's true and would make headline news.

It's in a Philippine TV news. It's being broadcasted on the Filipino channel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Yeah, the media would love to make a meal out of something like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by supergenius
    so the pinoy boxers have been doing the same thing for years but they use chicken adobo on their wraps?

Thread Information